SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes, UND acquired and released NODAKS (plural) in 2015. 

Now UND is using the singular NODAK on jerseys. 

Riveting.  So you’re saying we lost an S somewhere?;)

Did UND acquire and release RoughRiders as well?

Yes its quite appearent that people abroad in JJJJINA and more locally are quick to copy what sells.... cause it sells.

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Would the trademark owner do that?

Yes... not necessarily the person(s) themselves of course.

Theres no South GF based task force thats leaving the  neighborhood and enforcing trademarks.... although using an old Sioux helmet styled bullpen cart batcar style would be hilarious to see circling the development.

It's holding companies or firms working on behalf of the registrar that do the dirty work on this stuff.

Usually C&D letters are quite common and the extent of things I'd imagine, sometimes try to sucket the "offenders" into a small (couple grand) "usage fee" for it to go away.

12 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yet we are using NODAK on our jerseys now?

See above.

Because it sells... quite frankly.

11 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Oh, so all this stuff is look-up-able on the interwebs?

Easily

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Not jersey related but apparently Mafiaman is designing a SiouxSports jock strap…can’t wait to see the mock-ups for that.

If its fur lined velvet... licensed or not I'm going in deep on this one. Sign me up for the next order.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yes its quite appearent that people abroad in JJJJINA and more locally are quick to copy what sells.... cause it sells.

Yes... not necessarily the person(s) themselves of course.

Theres no South GF based task force thats leaving the  neighborhood and enforcing trademarks.... although using an old Sioux helmet styled bullpen cart batcar style would be hilarious to see circling the development.

It's holding companies or firms working on behalf of the registrar that do the dirty work on this stuff.

Usually C&D letters are quite common and the extent of things I'd imagine, sometimes try to sucket the "offenders" into a small (couple grand) "usage fee" for it to go away.

See above.

Because it sells... quite frankly.

Easily

If its fur lined velvet... licensed or not I'm going in deep on this one. Sign me up for the next order.

I hope UND has the rights to NODAK and not some bad actor.

Nodak is a fun way to refer to the University of North Dakota, or anyone really that is from or lives in North Dakota.  But it is not our nickname.  If it ws as popular as people think, people would have voted for it when the nickname voting took place.  It was the 3rd best name out of a group of 5 not so great options.  Istead of perpetuating the 3rd place nickmname, how bout promiting the current name on jerseys.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nodak is a fun way to refer to the University of North Dakota, or anyone really that is from or lives in North Dakota.  But it is not our nickname.  If it ws as popular as people think, people would have voted for it when the nickname voting took place.  It was the 3rd best name out of a group of 5 not so great options.  Istead of perpetuating the 3rd place nickmname, how bout promiting the current name on jerseys.

Not a fan of all things Hawks but agree that it’s crazy that NODAK is being used by the hockey team.  Can the basketball team just pick a name they like, say ThUNDer?  Football start wearing jerseys with Flickertail on them next year?  I’d be interested in knowing Chaves’ position on all this.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

No.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Not a fan of all things Hawks but agree that it’s crazy that NODAK is being used by the hockey team.  Can the basketball team just pick a name they like, say ThUNDer?  Football start wearing jerseys with Flickertail on them next year?  I’d be interested in knowing Chaves’ position on all this.

Yes they can, and we can all hope they do.

Chaves likely just has the 3 people who complain about it simply on spam filter at this point.

1 hour ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Can’t wait to be able to buy a Fighting Hawks jersey 

I can buy Sioux jerseys from the auction or aftermarket... Nodak.... Hawks.... I can even buy them all.. What a time to be alive.

Love the ability to vote with my wallet.

The consumer vote is, after all,all that matters.