SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I do believe the interlocked ND (in one font or another) was an official logo until it replaced with the "ND hawk". 

Not really sure you want to wade into the muddied water of trade mark on the Notre Dame interlocking UND

Or the Blackhawk...

It safe to say  that UND has a bit of troubled history of playing fast and loose with logos and trademarks and... 

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Not really sure you want to wade into the muddied water of trade mark on the Notre Dame interlocking UND

Or the Blackhawk...

It safe to say  that UND has a bit of troubled history of playing fast and loose with logos and trademarks and... 

Didn't say we owned it, just used it. (Pattern?) 

UND claimed first use of the interlock but "Our Lady" got the first TM. Sounds vaguely familiar given the UND release tonight ... 

History on this topic ain't great for UND. Only thing they've ever had unique and owned by TM is ... Fighting Hawks. < shrug > 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Didn't say we owned it, just used it. (Pattern?) 

UND claimed first use of the interlock but "Our Lady" got the first TM. Sounds vaguely familiar given the UND release tonight ... 

History on this topic ain't great for UND. Only thing they've ever had unique and owned by TM is ... Fighting Hawks. < shrug > 

No both the Brien logo and the geometric where very clear cut TM

The alternate interlocking UND was also solidly owned and trademarked

15 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

The full "Fighting Sioux" name never made it on a hockey jersey either.  Most seasons the word "Sioux" was also absent.  And truthfully, from 1964-1993,* the hockey team was the only athletic program to wear the "Blackhawk" logo whereas every other program was using the interlocking ND and Geometric logo.

Seems to me that there's always been a "hockey only identity" but its only recently that a certain subset of folks have chosen to complain about it.

*Correction, if I recall, we had home whites for a few years in the 70s with the ND, but I still stand by the point.

Incorrect. The football team had the blackhawk logo on the sleeves of their football jerseys for some time.

9 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Do you know what seasons they wore these?

I've seen these jerseys too on eBay and what not, but don't ever recall seeing a UND player wear one.

You can barely see them here but it gives you a point of reference for when they were used.  Not sure about how many years.  

690E3162-CFE9-4E12-938D-335B00719E7D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

Any interest in a custom order anyone?  I have it Trademarked, so no copycats please...but I promise I am making zero money off of it.

image.thumb.png.118825448597f6bd1cb5529cc07810ca.png

Boy, I’m tempted to snag one of these for $299.23, but those Hawk patches on the shoulders look ridiculous.  

5 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

But what would be more fitting on a NOGOOD jersey than the Hawks?

I’ll consider it if you customize them with - signs in front of the numbers to accurately reflect my +/- on the ice. Some of the current player numbers would probably be pretty accurate.

• 3 weeks later...