SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

25 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Nice try.  How many NFL and college football jerseys have the school primary logo front and center on the chest of the jersey?  The short answer is “none,” because there’s a number there.  It’s on the UND helmet because that’s where the primarily logo is typically placed for a football team.  

Well partially.....

It's on half the helmet...

If football would actually buy into the logo it'd be on both sides. 

Hockey puts it on both shoulders.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

If football would actually buy into the logo it'd be on both sides. 

It's been on both sides for at least two if not three seasons.
It started when they went to black-on-green instead of green-on-green stickers. 

091122-und7.jpg

Still looking for the words "Fighting Hawks" on a hockey jersey worn by Berry's team.

• Upvote 3

The full "Fighting Sioux" name never made it on a hockey jersey either.  Most seasons the word "Sioux" was also absent.  And truthfully, from 1964-1993,* the hockey team was the only athletic program to wear the "Blackhawk" logo whereas every other program was using the interlocking ND and Geometric logo.

Seems to me that there's always been a "hockey only identity" but its only recently that a certain subset of folks have chosen to complain about it.

*Correction, if I recall, we had home whites for a few years in the 70s with the ND, but I still stand by the point.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Hawk on one side and NODAK on the other.:whistling:

Might look a little wonky, but I’d take anything!  I think a diagonal Hawks would look great on there if they didn’t want to put the logo.   At some point, I’d love to see a state of ND outline of some sort. Put it on the shoulders or helmet.  Show some state pride, not just UND-Grand Forks hockey program pride.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Might look a little wonky, but I’d take anything!  I think a diagonal Hawks would look great on there if they didn’t want to put the logo.   At some point, I’d love to see a state of ND outline of some sort. Put it on the shoulders or helmet.  Show some state pride, not just UND-Grand Forks hockey program pride.  

There's hockey outside of Grand Forks?

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

It's been on both sides for at least two if not three seasons.
It started when they went to black-on-green instead of green-on-green stickers. 

091122-und7.jpg

Still looking for the words "Fighting Hawks" on a hockey jersey worn by Berry's team.

Did you show me the Sioux logo and name on football helmets and jerseys back in that era?  

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Nice try.  How many NFL and college football jerseys have the school primary logo front and center on the chest of the jersey?  The short answer is “none,” because there’s a number there.  It’s on the UND helmet because that’s where the primarily logo is typically placed for a football team.  

Don’t remember the Sioux logo on the side of the football helmets back when that was the nickname, but now we need to have rules where the logo is or isn’t placed?

6 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Logo on jersey. Sioux on front of helmet

FB62B4B6-8F2B-4711-86C7-F7B6F9431DFA.jpeg

166BFE7F-6FFE-47B1-AEFF-9107595684C2.jpeg

…and you’re complaining about the Hawk logo on the hockey uniforms?  That is probably 20 times the size as that.  Almost like they did the same you are accusing of the hockey program.

3 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Logo on jersey. Sioux on front of helmet

FB62B4B6-8F2B-4711-86C7-F7B6F9431DFA.jpeg

166BFE7F-6FFE-47B1-AEFF-9107595684C2.jpeg

The Brien Logo was used appropriately on the jersey...

Real question... why was Football so stubborn in refusing to use the official logo of athletics on their helmet...

It's like the program was trying to create their own alternative identity.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

Don’t remember the Sioux logo on the side of the football helmets back when that was the nickname, but now we need to have rules where the logo is or isn’t placed?

Because coach and eventual AD Roger Thomas wasn’t a fan of it and wanted its use minimized.  UND’s use of the interlocking ND on the helmets dates back long before your time - and mine.  

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Because coach and eventual AD Roger Thomas wasn’t a fan of it and wanted its use minimized.  UND’s use of the interlocking ND on the helmets dates back long before your time - and mine.  

That’s a long time.

50 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Real question... why was Football so stubborn in refusing to use the official logo of athletics on their helmet...

It's like the program was trying to create their own alternative identity.

I do believe the interlocked ND (in one font or another) was an official logo until it replaced with the "ND hawk". 

• Upvote 1