SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

2 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Isn't there a thread for this topic????

Well it's usually just them screaming at each other in the football fourm "Reasons why it's hockey's fault football sucks" thread but... usually they migrate over here and old man yell at the clouds, or the Engelstads, or inanimate clothing in frustration when the jv season is over.

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well it's usually just them screaming at each other in the football fourm "Reasons why it's hockey's fault football sucks" thread but... usually they migrate over here and old man yell at the clouds, or the Engelstads, or inanimate clothing in frustration when the jv season is over.

Good lord!

What an embarrassing post!

• Upvote 3

Ok ill turn it back to the real thread here.

Jersey Auction going on now.

One holdover Reebok from the Brien days... wonder how many they have left squirreled away to spice up the auctions.

Those things used to bring in a ton of money.

Really tailed off for revenues and sale prices.... 

There should be a lot more to hit the auctions as now that Adidas has ceased making hockey sweaters... id imagine a slight redesign will be due for next season.

I wonder what company won the contract for UND?

16 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

One holdover Reebok from the Brien days... wonder how many they have left squirreled away to spice up the auctions.

There should be a lot more to hit the auctions as now that Adidas has ceased making hockey sweaters... id imagine a slight redesign will be due for next season.

I wonder if the whole athletic department will change to a new company or will it be just hockey?

56 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Call the marketing department at Scheels headquarters in Fargo and ask how the UND Hawks merchandise sells in stores and online and the answer will be one or two words...."poorly" or "not well".

It sells.  That's why they have it in stores.  That is why you keep seeing new merchandise.  If it didn't, the section would be smaller.  I guy Fighting HAwks gear with the logo on it.  I: know many people that do.  I've seen many people that do.  If you choose to ignore that, I can't help you.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

I wonder if the whole athletic department will change to a new company or will it be just hockey?

That's actually a very good question... I'd bet any contractual tie to addias would remain for the dept.... itbwould be interesting to find those details on contract... Im sure a FOIR could obtain it.

If I were a bettin' man, ... 

Adidas is done with NHL jerseys after 2023-24. (New NHL vendor for 2024-25.) 
Last time the NHL changed suppliers one year later UND changed to the same supplier. 

I'd guess UND goes to the new NHL vendor in about 2025-26. 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/adidas-inks-seven-year-university-of-north-dakota-deal/ 

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

....but I've never understood why anybody would buy a jersey and not customize it.

I've never understood the jersey wearing crowd.
I didn't earn the right to wear it. 

(Heck, I barely earned the right to wear the jerseys I did! :D ) 

Full disclosure: I was gifted one by friends and feel obliged to wear it with them once a season. 

Edited by The Sicatoka

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've never understood the jersey wearing crowd.
I didn't earn the right to wear it. 

(Heck, I barely earned the right to wear the jerseys I did! :D ) 

Full disclosure: I was gifted one by a friends and feel obliged to wear it with them once a season. 

When you pay for it....you earn that right!:)

13 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

That's actually a very good question... I'd bet any contractual tie to addias would remain for the dept.... itbwould be interesting to find those details on contract... Im sure a FOIR could obtain it.

I see Nike coming back to hockey. Although, DU has New Balance, which is just a very random hockey supplier. One I would’ve never guessed. The team gear makes sense. But jerseys is just different. 

AHL still uses CCM, but UND moved to adidas from CCM. Time will tell. 

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Call the marketing department at Scheels headquarters in Fargo and ask how the UND Hawks merchandise sells in stores and online and the answer will be one or two words...."poorly" or "not well".

I don't doubt that it sells "poorly" compared to the old Fighting Sioux but according to a "white shirt" that I know who works there, they move a decent amount of product. I mean they have to order minimums and if they don't sell you would see that stuff on the clearance rack and whenever I go into Scheels, it doesn't seem like there is a lot on the clearance rack.

16 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Someone will likely over pay for that jersey in the auction for what it is. It’s ultimately no different than one that could’ve been bought at the SiouxShop, but customized nicely. Obviously they’re impossible to find for sale. I’m curious how high it will go. 

I also would love to see the room where all the auction ready jerseys are. Would be fun to view them all. 

4 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I see Nike coming back to hockey. Although, DU has New Balance, which is just a very random hockey supplier. One I would’ve never guessed. The team gear makes sense. But jerseys is just different. 

AHL still uses CCM, but UND moved to adidas from CCM. Time will tell. 

I agree with you about Nike coming back and how weird it is to see New Balance on a hockey jersey. However, it could be a different company who makes the jersey but Denver might have a deal with NB so they put their name/logo on them.