SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

33 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Look at all of our opinions. How many hundreds of millions of $ have you donated to the program? (with continued support) -  Ya'll are Nit Picking because we lost and you want to blame it on someone. People just love to rag on someone with lots of money. SNORE

Nope, I think this university and REA in particular do more than enough to kiss the a** of its long-deceased biggest donor.  The old pregame light show with 23’s flying all over the ice was over the top early on, now it continues 20 years after the man’s death with his name and number on the back of jerseys worn for 15:00 of pre-game warmups.  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Look at all of our opinions. How many hundreds of millions of $ have you donated to the program? (with continued support) -  Ya'll are Nit Picking because we lost and you want to blame it on someone. People just love to rag on someone with lots of money. SNORE

Far from nit picking because of a lose. I'll say it again in case you missed it but my disdain for her comes from the fact that her stubbornness and unwillingness to adapt has kept the advancement of the nickname of the university. If they want to use the nickname and culture as an excuse than we should have stayed as the flickertails.

Also, when I donate to the University, I don't dictate to them how to use the funds and if they don't use them the way I want or fire the people I want, that I will withhold funds.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Note that the Engelstad family didn't donate the arena to the University; it is still owned by the Engelstad Foundation, and his daughter runs that foundation.

Well then they are free to do with it what they'd like.

1 hour ago, mikejm said:

Note that the Engelstad family didn't donate the arena to the University; it is still owned by the Engelstad Foundation, and his daughter runs that foundation.

They signed a new usage agreement here back in 2020 due to the university being unable to run it the way it should be ran, which is the big problem. I know the arena needs money to stay up to date but after all the bills are paid and some money goes to a rainy day fund, the rest of the money goes elsewhere and this is where the rest of the teams get screwed. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

They signed a new usage agreement here back in 2020 due to the university being unable to run it the way it should be ran, which is the big problem. I know the arena needs money to stay up to date but after all the bills are paid and some money goes to a rainy day fund, the rest of the money goes elsewhere and this is where the rest of the teams get screwed. 

Yeah - I am not a fan of the state running the REA..so...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Yeah - I am not a fan of the state running the REA..so...

That's fine and neither am I but other sports programs get screwed out of the deal and it sucks. Not sure why you downvote my post over my statement when we basically agree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

That's fine and neither am I but other sports programs get screwed out of the deal and it sucks. Not sure why you downvote my post over my statement when we basically agree.

Because it’s like saying that at University of Alabama,  the football team gets the majority of the sports funding and thinking there’s something wrong with that. Yeah. It’s the marquis sport for that school.. it’s a football school. We are a hockey school. I don’t think the Alabama Lacrosse program should get equal funding to the Bama Football program. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, FightingSU said:

Because it’s like saying that at University of Alabama,  the football team gets the majority of the sports funding and thinking there’s something wrong with that. Yeah. It’s the marquis sport for that school.. it’s a football school. We are a hockey school. I don’t think the Alabama Lacrosse program should get equal funding to the Bama Football program. 

Now that you mention it, have you ever seen the Crimson Tide run onto the football field with their school’s biggest donor’s name on the back of their jerseys?  Just curious. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Now that you mention it, have you ever seen the Crimson Tide run onto the football field with their school’s biggest donor’s name on the back of their jerseys?  Just curious. 

I agreed with you earlier that I said it was a bit cheesy. 

On 10/31/2022 at 8:37 PM, FightingSU said:

No but they should be able to keep all of their ticket revenue money.

1 hour ago, Green Banner said:

I bought a sweatshirt and it was very high quality, logo is legit and stitching was excellent. 

It can all be high quality but it’s still not authentic. All his jerseys are reproductions by other companies who didn’t make them in the first place. Again, good stuff for the average fan but for people who want the real deal, not that great but better than that Chinese crap.