SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #3-CC (Home games?????)

Wilbur

Alright, if my research is correct the last time we had a game at REA was.....February 29th, 2020.  Leap Year???  No kidding?  When they step on the ice Saturday night it will have been 330 days since their last home game.  The current NCHC standings have us in first place with 29 points, and the highest winning percentage, which may or may not be what they end up going by to award a league champion?

Played "okay" against CC two weeks ago and got a sweep.  Playing at home in front of however many fans they are going to allow (plus cardboard cutouts of the dogs) should give the team a boost.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Alright, if my research is correct the last time we had a game at REA was.....February 29th, 2020.  Leap Year???  No kidding?  When they step on the ice Saturday night it will have been 330 days since their last home game.  The current NCHC standings have us in first place with 29 points, and the highest winning percentage, which may or may not be what they end up going by to award a league champion?

Played "okay" against CC two weeks ago and got a sweep.  Playing at home in front of however many fans they are going to allow (plus cardboard cutouts of the dogs) should give the team a boost.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable. :whistling:

League champion will be awarded by points per game if teams have not played the same amount of games. 

Plenty of 'great seats' available - secured a pair for Sunday Night's game (NFL Playoffs Shmayoffs).   Since my season tickets seats are upper deck (personal preference), I went with top row upper deck (302, I think) to save a little vs lower bowl with fees for J.P. Ticketmaster. 

No one to our left or right or the row ahead or behind me.  I don't mind paying the premium price and the atmosphere will be lacking but if this is going to be a Championship team, I'd like to see them play. 

30 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

League champion will be awarded by points per game if teams have not played the same amount of games. 

Thanks for the heads up!  Wasn't sure how they were deciding things if the teams didn't get all their games in.

28 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Plenty of 'great seats' available - secured a pair for Sunday Night's game (NFL Playoffs Shmayoffs).   Since my season tickets seats are upper deck (personal preference), I went with top row upper deck (302, I think) to save a little vs lower bowl with fees for J.P. Ticketmaster. 

No one to our left or right or the row ahead or behind me.  I don't mind paying the premium price and the atmosphere will be lacking but if this is going to be a Championship team, I'd like to see them play. 

Be loud as I guarantee the boys will appreciate it more than ever.

Not knowing how they will award NCAA Tournament spots, I really do believe the Regular Season Champion will be one of the automatics. You need to Sweep teams at the bottom of the standings at home. That simple. Some other keys to this weekend.

• Will Cruikshank be available for CC? He's an elite NCHC player. Not having him is a huge blow to CC.
  • Travel: When games started to get pushed back, you knew someone would be losing a day as they try to correct and get back on Friday / Saturday (not there yet). CC plays tonight (at home) and then travels and plays on Saturday. UND gains a day of rest / preparation. I know before last years first round, CC flew to Minneapolis and they bus to GF. I'm not sure with Covid if they will Charter. If they don't, that's a bad travel day on top of losing a day of preparation. 

Alright, so no Mismash for Saturday as he serves his suspension......what to do.....what to do....

Gaber-Pinto-Judd

Budy????-Adams-Gooch

Hain-Senden-Jamernik

Keane-Weatherby-Ness

You could put Weatherby up there, but then you really don't have a center for the fourth line unless you go with Albrecht or Ness, and I can't remember which one of them has time at center.  You could throw Jamernik up there for a top six audition which moves Gooch over to left wing but his line was really good against Denver on Monday so I keep them together.  Judd had one of his better games with Pinto and Gaber, so I leave that line alone as well.  

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Gaber-Pinto-Judd

Budy????-Adams-Gooch

Hain-Senden-Jamernik

Keane-Weatherby-Ness

If Budy was a top 6 guy for 10+ games according to the coaching staff has to be this....you nailed it.

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

So...anyway...how about this CC series?
Any word on if Cruikshank will be playing for CC, or is he still out?

As far as I know, Cruikshank is still on the shelf. Appendicitis. Big blow to a team already in need of scoring depth. 

Having watched the CC/Omaha game on Tuesday, CC outplayed Omaha and out shot them by a wide margin. To say that losing with 0.9 seconds left in overtime was crushing would be an understatement.

Many good teams would use that experience as motivation the following weekend but under Haviland, CC has proven to be a very fragile team, psychologically, when something like that happens to them.

UND would be best served to come out hard out of the blocks and try putting in a couple of goals in the first ten minutes or so. It’s likely CC will struggle if they have to chase the game especially given their lack of goal scorers.