SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #3-CC (Home games?????)

Wilbur

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good solid win.

CC's goalie was really good tonight. Number of point blank saves. 

Generated a ton of chances and seemed like the puck barely left the CC zone in the 1st.

Few times got stuck in the d zone and it seemed like every one started with just a weak clear attempt. It is a little picky but gotta be stronger at times on the clear.

Glad to hear Berry talk about the penalty issues in the postgame on Midco. Said it is becoming an issue and they have to clean it up. Hurts not only having to use the killers for more minutes but hard to get guys involved.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I wonder if Havlund throws Basse back out there tomorrow.  Kid had to empty the tank to keep it close.  Made at least 7 point blank grade A saves.  That toe save in the 3rd showed how good of an athlete he is too.  

Basse was CC’s best player tonight. While I think he deserves to start tomorrow, I wouldn’t be surprised if Haviland started Vernon tomorrow to give Basse a rest. 

20 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Basse was CC’s best player tonight. While I think he deserves to start tomorrow, I wouldn’t be surprised if Haviland started Vernon tomorrow to give Basse a rest. 

Basse is their best chance to win, but I don't think you should put a young guy out there into the shooting gallery consecutive nights.

Makes sense that he has all of CC's wins this year.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Basse is their best chance to win, but I don't think you should put a young guy out there into the shooting gallery consecutive nights.

Haviland seriously has nine lives. How he still has his job (or RJ Enga for that matter) is beyond me.

It’s not that CC lacked effort or hustle tonight, it’s that they simply lack the kind of talent needed to compete in this league. They can’t keep up with teams like UND. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

They have been playing one one night and the other the next night.

47 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

This may have been addressed, but how did attendees feel about the atmosphere?

People were really spread out, but it seemed pretty loud in our section.  Video from last year's seniors was well received, band was there, I thought it was good. 

• Upvote 1