SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #3-CC (Home games?????)

Wilbur

10 hours ago, Godsmack said:

As far as I know, Cruikshank is still on the shelf. Appendicitis. Big blow to a team already in need of scoring depth. 

Per Greg Cameron "Colorado College head coach Mike Haviland says F Grant Cruikshank will not be available for this weekend's series at North Dakota. Cruikshank got his appendix removed earlier this month." 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One opinion:

The original post was fine.

Why?

I've seen that meme commanding the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701D, Picard era), in the show Friends, ringside when Ali put down Frazier(?), with  Deadpool on the overpass, and countless other places. Mitten Bernie has become its own thing. 

The follow up comment about "free" was a political jab. That's the line. 

That said: I can't be everywhere all the time. First I've seen this thread. So, no politics. And as there was no report, just a reply, I'm just giving this warning to all. 

See a problem? Put in a report or you become part of the problem. 

Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Per Greg Cameron "Colorado College head coach Mike Haviland says F Grant Cruikshank will not be available for this weekend's series at North Dakota. Cruikshank got his appendix removed earlier this month." 

This is the most useful and important information in this thread. He makes CC go, or at least he did at the pod. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The follow up comment about "free" was a political jab. That's the line. 

18 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The real question is whether they let everyone park right up next the rink with only 3,000 spectators allowed. :lol:

Per communication with The Ralph management parking will be readily available around the building and will be, dare I say,.........."free". 

Hopefully this "free" post won't get scrubbed or cancelled like the last one.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Per communication with The Ralph management parking will be readily available around the building and will be, dare I say,.........."free". 

Hopefully this "free" post won't get scrubbed or cancelled like the last one.

No just another warning to all.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is the most useful and important information in this thread. He makes CC go, or at least he did at the pod. 

Cruikshank is not only our best offensive player, he’s the leader and heart and soul of the team. His motor is always running and he sets an example for everyone else, including the dozen or so freshmen in the lineup. It stinks not having him and will make things challenging for sure.

The one guy I was really expecting more out of this season is junior defenseman Bryan Yoon. He’s a very gifted skater with lots of skill and the hope was that he’d elevate his offensive production, he only has 2 points thus far. 

Freshman goalie Dominic Basse has been encouraging. His numbers don’t jump out at you but I like his game. He’s steady in net and doesn’t flop around, getting himself out of position like Vernon has a tendency to do. I think he will be the future regular starting goalie going forward this year and the next few years to come. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Roughly about 300 tickets available if anyone is still interested in attending. 

Yeah, I threw out the option to my wife and it got shot down harder then the walk from the library on campus to the Ralph when its -30 below with a northerly wind.  She isn't a conservative spender by any means, but 140 plus taxes for two upper level tickets for one hockey game.....:unsure:

Love the team, love the program, but I'll be back when things are a bit more normal.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Will these games be the first this season to be played in front of fans for all college hockey? 

Omaha is having fans also. I know it’s the first NCHC games to have fans, but I’m not sure about the rest of the NCAA. I’d be surprised if any fans are allowed at games out East. 

16 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Having watched the CC/Omaha game on Tuesday, CC outplayed Omaha and out shot them by a wide margin. To say that losing with 0.9 seconds left in overtime was crushing would be an understatement.

Many good teams would use that experience as motivation the following weekend but under Haviland, CC has proven to be a very fragile team, psychologically, when something like that happens to them.

UND would be best served to come out hard out of the blocks and try putting in a couple of goals in the first ten minutes or so. It’s likely CC will struggle if they have to chase the game especially given their lack of goal scorers. 

16 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Having watched the CC/Omaha game on Tuesday, CC outplayed Omaha and out shot them by a wide margin. To say that losing with 0.9 seconds left in overtime was crushing would be an understatement.

Many good teams would use that experience as motivation the following weekend but under Haviland, CC has proven to be a very fragile team, psychologically, when something like that happens to them.

UND would be best served to come out hard out of the blocks and try putting in a couple of goals in the first ten minutes or so. It’s likely CC will struggle if they have to chase the game especially given their lack of goal scorers. 

This. Absolutely.

Even without their key skater, don't look past CC. 

And score early and often. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Cruikshank is not only our best offensive player, he’s the leader and heart and soul of the team. His motor is always running and he sets an example for everyone else, including the dozen or so freshmen in the lineup. It stinks not having him and will make things challenging for sure.

The one guy I was really expecting more out of this season is junior defenseman Bryan Yoon. He’s a very gifted skater with lots of skill and the hope was that he’d elevate his offensive production, he only has 2 points thus far. 

Freshman goalie Dominic Basse has been encouraging. His numbers don’t jump out at you but I like his game. He’s steady in net and doesn’t flop around, getting himself out of position like Vernon has a tendency to do. I think he will be the future regular starting goalie going forward this year and the next few years to come. 

Watching the series last weekend, I can tell you that CC was a tape to tape or a shot ON goal from several chances. Missed the net all series and it makes you wonder why. Struggled to connect on 20 plus plays on the power play. Confidence seems low but several of the top 6 should have buried pucks. I call a rebound and a tough game 1 with the result dictating game 2...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, I threw out the option to my wife and it got shot down harder then the walk from the library on campus to the Ralph when its -30 below with a northerly wind.  She isn't a conservative spender by any means, but 140 plus taxes for two upper level tickets for one hockey game.....:unsure:

Love the team, love the program, but I'll be back when things are a bit more normal.  

Mine too. We have a 65 inch tv it’s not with the price I was informed. 

CC recently added a new player to their roster. Matthew Gleason from the Chicago Steel. He was a 2020 finalist for the Mr. Minnesota Hockey Award and named the Star Tribune Metro player of the year. I’m guessing he was called up to fill in the vacancy left by Cruikshank due to his surgery.