SiouxSports.com Forum

Bullying

SiouxFanatic

Just now, UND1983 said:

Of course Brad makes sure to add in at the end of the article how many great, heroic things the hockey team is doing to fight racism.  Like a good boy.  

Right? Honestly, I hold Brad up to such high esteem but he really !@#$ed up as well on sitting on this story. Gotta make sure to throw in those token statements at the end to make sure UND brass don't get mad at him for having to actually write about it. 

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Was he recruited pre-Covid? Did the coaches get some serious sit down and talk with him time? 

Definitely....he committed when he was 16.

The incident happened when he was 13.....finalized when he turned 14.  Obviously not that important but whatever.

I grew up and did some dumb stuff and saw/heard other kids do even dumber stuff. Could this have happened in my hometown growing up....absolutely 100%. Did some of those bullies end up turning out ok? It appears that way.  I'm all for second chances so I'm fine with bringing him to UND and fine with the Coyotes drafting him.  Obviously his leash is about as short as it gets.

The environment we live in today is not going to let off him anytime soon.  If I were him (or his parents/advisor), I'd get way out ahead of this because if he continues to develop this isn't going away.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Of course Brad makes sure to add in at the end of the article how many great, heroic things the hockey team is doing to fight racism.  Like a good boy.  

Glad he could slip that into the article in between chastising and calling people ignorant on Twitter who don't buy into mask and Covid stance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Same for the USHL program that let him play for their team last year too? And the team before that?

USHL...yah I suppose but nobody gives a F.  This is the best collegiate program in the country and a full ride scholarship.  If you arent absolutely appalled at what he did, then you are as big of piece of !@#$ as he is or was.

21 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

8th grade

Awful

you can’t hold this against someone that young forever 

Yes, you absolutely can. Especially if you were the victim. Many kids who are on the receiving end of being bullied will live with that trauma for the rest of their lives. I feel like many of the people here have never experienced being bullied. 

Mitchell Miller never personally apologized to the kid or family. He was forced by the court to at least write an apology letter. He could’ve and should’ve done more. If he wanted to actually show that he wanted to be a better human he would’ve gotten ahead of this before it became mainstream by personally apologizing to the kid. Everything being said or done now is just trying to mitigate the fallout.

33 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

USHL...yah I suppose but nobody gives a F.  This is the best collegiate program in the country and a full ride scholarship.  If you arent absolutely appalled at what he did, then you are as big of piece of !@#$ as he is or was.

Appalled....yes. Think his future should be ruined over something  that happened years ago at age 14....no.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Appalled....yes. Think his future should be ruined over something  that happened years ago at age 14....no.

Why does he need to represent a university after doing that to a handicapped kid?  Certainly fair for Alumni to feel both ways on the issue

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

Why does he need to represent a university after doing that to a handicapped kid?  Certainly fair for Alumni to feel both ways on the issues.

Fair points. You say "a university".....so any university or just UND?

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fair points. You say "a university".....so any university or just UND?

Any University that has pride in itself.  The tolerance people have for stuff is more than I got. 

Not only did he use the N word many times but also mocked, tortured and beat up a handicapped kid.  Cmon you guys.   

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Any University that has pride in itself.  The tolerance people have for stuff is more than I got. 

Not only did he use the N word many times but also mocked, tortured and beat up a handicapped kid.  Cmon you guys.   

I apologize, but Mentally disabled should be the preferred term here.