SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

Sioux vs Wisconsin at REA...Jake Brandt in goal for UND. First intermission has an interview with former UND president Tom Clifford... he had just won the state's hightest honor, the RoughRider Award. What a guy! He is the gold standard that every other UND president will be held up to.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Sioux vs Wisconsin at REA...Jake Brandt in goal for UND. First intermission has an interview with former UND president Tom Clifford... he had just won the state's hightest honor, the RoughRider Award. What a guy! He is the gold standard that every other UND president will be held up to.

Would see him at the handball courts at the fieldhouse.  He could play. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

And the quality of the video seems much better than what used to be on YouTube.

Yeah, that game and the DU semifinal game came off a DVR.  A lot of the stuff out there is from old VHS tapes.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:50 PM, siouxfaninseattle said:

I meant the '16 NC specifically. The version that used to be on Youtube wasn't very good quality. The one that's up now is much better.

Yeah, I got it from a friend who recorded it on his DVR in HD...got all 4 games from the NCAA's that year on a hard drive; watch it using the Roku; pretty sweet!

• Upvote 1

I know at the time we were all thrilled BU beat Michigan but I would have liked to see how our guys would have fared against Michigan.  I don't think Mich saw a team like that 97 Sioux team all year, and Jack Parker (whom I have a world of respect for) said the best team won.

Don't know if his quote was in response to Hobey the day before but I think it may have been on his mind. 

• Upvote 2

Another thing to add to that 97 team is they scored 18 goals in three games of the NCAA tournament.  The great Maine Paul Kariya and Monty team that only lost one game the whole year (in OT mind you) scored 15 in their three game path to the title.  

• Upvote 1

Does anyone remember the story about Aaron Schweitzer and how he ended up at UND? He was a true freshman and the highest level he had played was midget AAA in Canada. No chance that would happen these days without playing juniors.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I know at the time we were all thrilled BU beat Michigan but I would have liked to see how our guys would have fared against Michigan.  I don't think Mich saw a team like that 97 Sioux team all year, and Jack Parker (whom I have a world of respect for) said the best team won.

Don't know if his quote was in response to Hobey the day before but I think it may have been on his mind. 

Hey Brendan!  The best team scores the most goals!:D

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Blackheart said:

The Sioux begin their dominance over Hockey East in their first round NCAA game against Boston University.  Gary Thorne and Bill Clement cover the action.

That was a complete butt kicking in spite of the penalties. It was fun watching Greene, Jones and Smaby crush every BU player in sight. Will we see the follow-up game against BC?

3 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

That was a complete butt kicking in spite of the penalties. It was fun watching Greene, Jones and Smaby crush every BU player in sight. Will we see the follow-up game against BC?

That one is already out there...here you go.