SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

More textbook performances from Karl.  May be my favorite Sioux player of all time.  

Karl was great in this game...Maine had tons of chances and two 5x3 pp’s and couldn’t pop one.

Sioux take on Michigan State in the 2001 Frozen Four Semifinals in Albany, NY.  Michigan State goalie Ryan Miller won the Hobey that year (Panzer was robbed!) and was nicknamed "Un-Score-on-able" by his teammates as they had a hard time getting a puck by him even in practice.  Unfortunately for them, the best goalie this day was Karl Goehring of North Dakota.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Sioux take on Michigan State in the 2001 Frozen Four Semifinals in Albany, NY.  Michigan State goalie Ryan Miller won the Hobey that year (Panzer was robbed!) and was nicknamed "Un-Score-on-able" by his teammates as they had a hard time getting a puck by him even in practice.  Unfortunately for them, the best goalie this day was Karl Goehring of North Dakota.  Enjoy!

Nice! I’ve been wanting to rewatch this game for a long time. Track down that 2007 Michigan tourney game and I’ll kiss you on the mouth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nice! I’ve been wanting to rewatch this game for a long time. Track down that 2007 Michigan tourney game and I’ll kiss you on the mouth.

Thats gonna have to be a 'NO' for me, dog.;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Thanks Blackheart. One of my favorite games.

7 minutes ago, Speez said:

Thanks Blackheart. One of my favorite games.

Yeah, I loved the fact that it was all about how nobody could score on Miller and then UND pots one right away.  I've considered adding the final game for 2001 against BC; the Sioux comeback was outstanding...of course the end didn't go UND's way; had they not done a full intermission and played the OT right away I would have loved our chances.

32 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I would really like to rewatch the 2005 Frozen Four Semifinal against Minnesota. Anyone have a copy of that game?

That was the game in Columbus, right?  I would love to see that game again.  Erik Fabian and Travis Zajac each scored twice iirc.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

That was the game in Columbus, right?  I would love to see that game again.  Erik Fabian and Travis Zajac each scored twice iirc.

Yep, that’s it. Hoping someone here still has it. 

Is @AZSIOUX still around? Maybe I’m wrong but I swear he had a pretty good archive of games. Pretty sure he was the one I bought dvd copies of old games from years ago.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Yep, that’s it. Hoping someone here still has it. 

Is @AZSIOUX still around? Maybe I’m wrong but I swear he had a pretty good archive of games. Pretty sure he was the one I bought dvd copies of old games from years ago.

He last visited October 20, 2018. I hope he is okay.

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our little goalie that could who got ZERO mention coming into the game.  Outplayed Hobey Miller. 

• Upvote 3

The Sioux take on Bob Motzko and the Huskies of St Cloud State in the opening round of the 2012 WCHA Final Five. North Dakota's 'Broadmoor Bullies' go for their 3rd straight playoff title.

• Upvote 2

Things were looking pretty tough for the boys in this matchup with Minny during the 2012 WCHA Final Five.  Aaron Dell held the fort until Hakstol could rally the troops for another unforgettable finish.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Things were looking pretty tough for the boys in this matchup with Minny during the 2012 WCHA Final Five.  Aaron Dell held the fort until Hakstol could rally the troops for another unforgettable finish.

I think this is the one everybody was waiting for!

• Upvote 3