SiouxSports.com Forum

Best Sioux hockey memories

GeauxSioux

The Sioux take on the Gofs at Mariucci Arena February 1, 2008. I was lucky enough to attend this game in person; what a great atmosphere for a college hockey game. (back when fans actually showed up for Gofer hockey) Evan Trupp with an amazing play to quiet the Minny faithful.

Note: The last 6:43 of the second period somehow got deleted/taped over; apologies!

• Upvote 3

So the Saturday game after Trupp's game winning goal, the teams play to a seemingly innocent 1-1 tie. With 3 seconds left in OT, the teams have a faceoff just outside the Minnesota zone. Looks like this game's pretty much over except for the final horn and a sportsmanlike handshake.

Note:  I love how the Gofer announcers attribute all the goonery to UND; their Golden boys certainly wouldn't be at all to blame for the dustup.:D

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So the Saturday game after Trupp's game winning goal, the teams play to a seemingly innocent 1-1 tie. With 3 seconds left in OT, the teams have a faceoff just outside the Minnesota zone. Looks like this game's pretty much over except for the final horn and a sportsmanlike handshake.

Note:  I love how the Gofer announcers attribute all the goonery to UND; their Golden boys certainly wouldn't be at all to blame for the dustup.:D

All set up by gopher guy getting his knee on Oshie.  I thought Wooger would have picked up on it after the replay, but obviously it was just Zajac making good on the bounty on......(checks notes) RJ Anderson????

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

All set up by gopher guy getting his knee on Oshie.  I thought Wooger would have picked up on it after the replay, but obviously it was just Zajac making good on the bounty on......(checks notes) RJ Anderson????

You can't put a bounty on a man's head!;)

The house of horrors continues for Doug Woog and the Gofers as their visit to the Old Ralph is highlighted by a four goal performance by Jeff Panzer. Don't have the whole game but did catch his final goal.

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, Blackheart said:

The house of horrors continues for Doug Woog and the Gofers as their visit to the Old Ralph is highlighted by a four goal performance by Jeff Panzer. Don't have the whole game but did catch his final goal.

And in today's world that's reviewed and likely a no goal.  

On 6/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, Blackheart said:

It was absolutely nuts in that building! The atmosphere was awesome.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

It was absolutely nuts in that building! The atmosphere was awesome.

How good were the Panzer brothers together?  Me and my old man always argue over which brother tandem was better between the Hoogsteens and the aforementioned. He says Hoogsteen, partially because he's got a lot of Canadian blood in him. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Blackheart, you should be on the cover of Time as Man of the year. We have been attending and/or watching Sioux hockey for 40+ years. Since March we have been devoting every Friday night to watching the games you've posted. Still embarrassed by our behavior at the "time out" game with our family (all goof fans). Went down 3-0 and we acted like babies going to the club level bar to drink away our sorrows. Family pissed as we said our boys had been battling the flu......which they had been. 

Hated Frank but loved Wooger as his color guy. RIP

Seeing the glimpse of young asst coach Blais celebrate in Providence 1982 was awesome.

Knew the Gasparinis some from Tootsie teaching Health at Central and Gino Golf 1 at UND. Had fun revisiting the memories with Gino at the St Paul Hotel following the 2012 Championship game vs the Daniel Boones'.

Thanks again for the memories!!!!!! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, thUNDer said:

Blackheart, you should be on the cover of Time as Man of the year. We have been attending and/or watching Sioux hockey for 40+ years. Since March we have been devoting every Friday night to watching the games you've posted. Still embarrassed by our behavior at the "time out" game with our family (all goof fans). Went down 3-0 and we acted like babies going to the club level bar to drink away our sorrows. Family pissed as we said our boys had been battling the flu......which they had been. 

Hated Frank but loved Wooger as his color guy. RIP

Seeing the glimpse of young asst coach Blais celebrate in Providence 1982 was awesome.

Knew the Gasparinis some from Tootsie teaching Health at Central and Gino Golf 1 at UND. Had fun revisiting the memories with Gino at the St Paul Hotel following the 2012 Championship game vs the Daniel Boones'.

Thanks again for the memories!!!!!! 

My pleasure.  I finally ran out of VHS tapes of Sioux games but found a small stack of games recorded to DVD.  Will be picking up some new editing software this weekend and will hopefully get the rest of the games uploaded.  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, burd said:

Magician that you are, BH, can you change the outcome of the 01 championship game?  I know we can't win em all, but I'd like to see Goehring do that little skippy thing a second time. 

Me too...I was lucky enough to see that game in person; it was just crazy when Dorey tied the game in the last minute with his tip shot.  Still think the Sioux would have won that game if they had played the OT right away instead of goiing to intermission.

• Upvote 1

Part 1 of 2...the Sioux face Michigan in the 2007 Western Regional at Pepsi Center in Denver.  Don't look away from the screen in the first period or you'll miss a goal!  This game was the definition of a shootout.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

The Sioux travel to the Kohl Center in Madison to take on Bucky Badger. Some highlights include a review of the famous Water Bottle Game from 1982 during the first intermission. Also, don't miss the coach's handshake at the end of the game...Mike Eaves and Dave Hakstol have a few choice words.

• Upvote 1