SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

This is the type of thing that makes you distrust politicians 

I was intrigued when I read an earlier tweet from Trump saying that over a million more mail in ballets were counted in Pennsylvania than were mailed out. Turns out wrong election comparison but that incorrect information is now out there and is still being quoted.

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/11/28/trump-uses-data-from-wrong-election-to-claim-massive-voter-fraud-in-pennsylvania.html

32 minutes ago, Goon said:

Trending down — on 11/21/2020 we had this.

Today’s numbers. we’ve dropped 2,715 in a week. 

Something caught my attention, we conducted almost 60,000 tests in one week in ND. There are only 762,000 people in the state. Does that number seem high to anyone? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Goon said:

Something caught my attention, we conducted almost 60,000 tests in one week in ND. There are only 762,000 people in the state. Does that number seem high to anyone? 

14,000 long term care employees in the state and the 14,000 that they care for. Are we testing the nursing homes too much?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

14,000 long term care employees in the state and the 14,000 that they care for. Are we testing the nursing homes too much?

ND has an equal amount of workers and residents in long term care? That surprises me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Good Lord, that's what you gleaned from that comment? The number seemed high. 

Just now, Bison06 said:

ND has an equal amount of workers and residents in long term care? That surprises me.

That number doesn't seem right. 

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What makes you jump to the conspiracy argument? You know it’s incredibly rare for a 1/1 ratio between caregiver and patients right? They must be including administrative staff.

I don't doubt there are quite a few people in LTC facilities, I know of no facility that has 1/1 ratio of workers. You read about these facilities being short staffed. 

Defining Crisis Staffing Shortage in Congregate Care Facilities: COVID-19

'All those funerals': North Dakota nursing homes can't escape COVID-19 devastation

More than half of North Dakota’s skilled nursing homes, 55.3%, had a shortage of direct care workers, such as nurses and aides, compared to less than 30% typical nationally.

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What makes you jump to the conspiracy argument? You know it’s incredibly rare for a 1/1 ratio between caregiver and patients right? They must be including administrative staff.

Administrative, dietary, part-timers, and staffing to cover 168 hours/week may get the staff to patient ratio close to 1:1. 

• Upvote 1

Here we are approaching three weeks after the election. Dozens of cases in court of election bad stuff thrown out. Lots of stuff accused but not proven in court. We will see next week if the Venezuelan and China attorney case sticks.

it appears there are no opinions that the election was rigged changed here. 

19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Here we are approaching three weeks after the election. Dozens of cases in court of election bad stuff thrown out. Lots of stuff accused but not proven in court. We will see next week if the Venezuelan and China attorney case sticks.

it appears there are no opinions that the election was rigged changed here. 

One more:

Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court Saturday batted aside another lawsuit aimed at overturning President-elect Joe Biden’s election victory.

The state’s highest court unanimously dismissed a suit filed by a congressman and other Republican supporters of President Trump that claimed that the state’s decision to allow absentee voting on demand was illegal.

The justices noted that the lawsuit was filed only after Trump lost the election and more than a year after Pennsylvania first instituted a law allowing voting by mail.

“They would now flip the table, scattering to the shadows the votes of millions of Pennsylvanians,” Justice David Wecht wrote in a concurring opinion.’
Pennsylvania Supreme Court swats away another long shot pro-Trump election lawsuit (msn.com)

• Upvote 1

I just don’t believe the election was rigged. Tried to keep an open mind. Too bad about 40% of the country will always say it was rigged. That’s ok I guess but to have our president persist in the unproven conspiracy only confirms my fear he is unfit and dangerous to our country.

• Upvote 2

On 11/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, Teeder11 said:

Fat chance. Any rules and decorum went out the window long ago.  It’s now all about click bait to drive ad revenue now. Half the mods think it’s their Divine mission to make money for the site owners. Sad. There’re countless other sites where politics and owning the other side can be done. Wish we had more sports going on so we could use these kinds of threads for owning the Bozo Boyz from down south. Now they’re in lock step with the establishment on this board. Strange bedfellows indeed.  I fear the ugly is too far out of the box now to revert back to no politics again. Oh— the good ol’ days.  

This one needs a bump, Great Post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I just don’t believe the election was rigged. Tried to keep an open mind. Too bad about 40% of the country will always say it was rigged. That’s ok I guess but to have our president persist in the unproven conspiracy only confirms my fear he is unfit and dangerous to our country.

It’s like 4 years of Russia, Russia, Russia

• Like 1

Ok - my take on Russia and Trump. How am I to know? I somewhat will reserve judgment to see if a new administrator looks into what  happened - maybe nothing. Indications are it won’t be looked at again. But to dismiss Trump’ s behavior by saying Russia is questionable in my mind.  Again, just one man’s opinion.

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Ok - my take on Russia and Trump. How am I to know? I somewhat will reserve judgment to see if a new administrator looks into what  happened - maybe nothing. Indications are it won’t be looked at again. But to dismiss Trump’ s behavior by saying Russia is questionable in my mind.  Again, just one man’s opinion.

I don’t necessarily dismiss his behavior.  Your point though if 40% of the country believing the election was rigged is identical to 4 years of Dems crying about Russia and leading investigations.  The crying came from top officials which is not a whole lot different than this election.  Equally as damaging.  

I have learned here that people are pretty dug into what they believe. So, changing opinions isn’t my goal. I do feel somewhat obligated to state facts as I see them. I do try to look things up to try and verify. There have been numerous posts here that indicate that this wasn’t a fair election. So far, virtually nothing proven in court. So far, most can be explained. So far, misinformation spreads.

the mud slinging crosses both parties. Personally, I suspect there might be more to the Russia story but again, how do I know. There are lots of “yah buts” that seem to justify Trump’s behavior. I can see why a case could be made that it is hypocritical. But to dismiss bad behavior by stating it is par for the course is understandable but questionable in my mind. 

48 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t necessarily dismiss his behavior.  Your point though ..........

I think you and many do, just my opinion. You accept the deceit and lies of this P.

Like the Bozo toys that shop here, T is just a little rough on the edges, but but but, he's such a nice guy - and on to a point, JUST LIKE YOU DID.
What a joke, T is a lying loser. 
Oh Oh Oh other politicians lied. No P has lied like this Orange Clown.
What a mockery of our election is being played out.
necessarily ?

45 minutes ago, homer said:

I don’t necessarily dismiss his behavior.  Your point though if 40% of the country believing the election was rigged is identical to 4 years of Dems crying about Russia and leading investigations.  The crying came from top officials which is not a whole lot different than this election.  Equally as damaging.  

It’s not the same.   Trump is undermining the integrity and public trust in our innate voting process for political gain.  The Dems never went this far; at least not to Trump’s 24/7 level.  The Dems asserted Russia interfered via hacking and social media to alter opinion.  Big difference.       

Foreign influence can always be mitigated.   The fact that Trump is throwing everything at the wall (no matter how absurd), everywhere, to undermine the sanctity of our innate voting mechanisms will likely have far reaching consequences when all this is finished.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Meanwhile in PA:

"Petitioners appear to have a viable claim that the mail-in ballot procedures set forth in Act 77 contravene Pa. Const. Article VII Section 14 as the plain language of that constitutional provision is at odds with the mail-in provisions of Act 77."

That’s a judge ruling the process (Act 77) followed in PA may be unconstitutional under PA law. 

That didn't last for long(no intelligent person really thought it would). PA Supreme Court trashed this argument tonight.

Act 77 was passed by a Republican state legislature over a year ago by a vote of 138-61(Rep 105-2) in the house and 34-14(Rep 27-0) in the senate. PA state law says constitutional challenges must be made within 180 days of a law's enactment. You don't get to come in just before certification and over a half year after the deadline just because you didn't like the results of the election. SMH

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

evidence...there was none...all made up..carter page is gonna be rich man soon on our dollar and rightfully so.

voter fraud....lots of evidence......

open your eyes

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Would someone please tell me where the stock market is going? Specially, where will it be one year from now.

thanks in advance 

:cool:

Absolutely. My answer is I don't have the first damn clue.  Some days it will go up, some days it will go down.   I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about short term gyrations in the stock market.  What I am confident in is that the market will be significantly higher over the next ten years.  Now, please tell me that you are investing for the long term. 

• UNDBIZ locked this topic