SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

At least Biden didn't say he will pardon him?

You’re kidding right? 

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just before midnight, The Supreme Court ruled, voting 5-4 to bar NY from limits again on religious gatherings.

Of Course Chief Justice John Robert’s dissents. This judge was a horrible pick by George W. Bush. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Show me a 104 page document without editorial problems and I’ll show a book never written.

The best tech manuals I’ve ever seen were US Navy reactor operations manuals and their goal was one mistake per 25 pages.

PS - if you want to divert the attention to edits, why don’t you want to talk about the substance? 

Spelling district incorrectly twice in the opening line of the GA lawsuit doesn’t exactly set a stage in which some basic fact (and spell) checking was conducted.  

Substance? Where is it in these hastily thrown together lawsuits in which previously debunked conspiracy theories are mashed up into a Gish gallop? Just like her busking website or these lawsuits were something that was thrown together at the last minute.  
She’s go her grift going and will probably have a book out as soon as this is over.  All potatoes and no meat. 

As Clara Peller so eloquently stated, “Where’s the beef?”

Why has one of the plaintiffs listed (Shepherd) already come out and say that he has bit agreed to take part in the lawsuit? 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, clh741 said:

Spelling district incorrectly twice in the opening line of the GA lawsuit doesn’t exactly set a stage in which some basic fact (and spell) checking was conducted.  

Substance? Where is it in these hastily thrown together lawsuits in which previously debunked conspiracy theories are mashed up into a Gish gallop? Just like her busking website or these lawsuits were something that was thrown together at the last minute.  
She’s go her grift going and will probably have a book out as soon as this is over.  All potatoes and no meat. 

As Clara Peller so eloquently stated, “Where’s the beef?”

Why has one of the plaintiffs listed (Shepherd) already come out and say that he has bit agreed to take part in the lawsuit? 

Awwsum!!!!

27 minutes ago, sioux rube said:
27 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Take a break on this Thanksgiving Day fellas. Sheesh 

Fat chance. Any rules and decorum went out the window long ago.  It’s now all about click bait to drive ad revenue now. Half the mods think it’s their Divine mission to make money for the site owners. Sad. There’re countless other sites where politics and owning the other side can be done. Wish we had more sports going on so we could use these kinds of threads for owning the Bozo Boyz from down south. Now they’re in lock step with the establishment on this board. Strange bedfellows indeed.  I fear the ugly is too far out of the box now to revert back to no politics again. Oh— the good ol’ days.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Found it!

He wouldn't be the only president that cheated in golf. 

“It’s just amazing that people call him a cheat in golf,” John Daly said. “If you want to call a cheat in golf, I’ll tell you, Bill Clinton, he took a mulligan on putts, chips, when I played with him. I don’t think Bill Clinton could of broke 100. At least the President, Mr. Trump, he can shoot 80. Seventy-eight to 84, probably.”

John Daly isn’t the only high-profile player to play a round with the President. Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus and Lexi Thompson have also teed it up with Trump in recent months.

One in 10 North Dakotans may have had COVID-19.

BISMARCK —The North Dakota Department of Health reported 952 new COVID-19 cases and 10 deaths Thursday, Nov. 26, bringing the number of active cases down to 8,345. This is the fourth day straight where active cases have decreased.

Although active cases have been slowly declining, a total of 76,442 people have tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic, which means 1 out 10 North Dakotans have had COVID-19.

Is this what people want? Some left-leaning politicians are suggesting we do this. I sure as hell don’t want that kind of tyranny. Some will say that’s in Canada. That can’t happen here. Or can it? 

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Because:

Refinery29
Trump can't Pardon Himslef, Here is Why.

According to Article II of the Constitution, a sitting president “shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” That may sound like we have already answered the question; however, therein lies a small yet important technicality within that phrase that requires some unpacking. The operative word? Grant.

ecause of this, we are actually asking the wrong question: It’s not about whether Trump can pardon himself, but whether he can grant himself a pardon. This may sound like the exact same question but bear with us. According to context clues from the text of the Constitution and the word’s meaning at the time it was written, the answer is no. He cannot pardon himself. The president only has the power to grant pardons. For context, the same word appears multiple times in various clauses of the Constitution. Every time the word appears, “grant” is a transmissive term meaning it is from one entity to another, reports The Atlantic. It is not used reflexively as in “to grant oneself” a pardon — it is always used interpersonally. 

Comparing a word to its uses in other instances within a historical or legal document is a common technique used by judges and legal scholars to surmise the intended meaning in context. If a court were to base its judgment solely on the context of the word in the Constitution, it would be reasonable to determine that the president cannot, in fact, grant himself a pardon. 
No, Trump Can’t Pardon Himself — Here’s Why (msn.com)

The joke, dimwit, when I asked why Kamala Harris would pardon Trump, is that Biden steps down (or is pushed aside) about 15 minutes after being inaugurated, hence President Kamala Harris being in charge...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Good.....sets a precedent for all the other blue governors moving forward. 

Does Roberts even have one nut anymore?

I didn't read his dissent but im pretty sure his point wasn't that the religious regulations were legal, but rather the point was moot because the restrictions are not in place anymore. 

• UNDBIZ locked this topic