SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

US COVID-19 hospitalizations surpass 90,000 in new record
The U.S. reached the grim milestone on Thursday as the nation celebrated Thanksgiving, and health experts expect the holiday gatherings to cause a massive uptick in new cases and hospitalizations.

The country currently has 90,481 people hospitalized for coronavirus - a record-breaking number for the 17th day in a row, according to the COVID Tracking Project. Out of hose, 17,802 people are in the intensive care unit, which is the highest amount documented during the pandemic. A total of 5,979 people are on ventilators.
US COVID-19 hospitalizations surpass 90,000 in new record (msn.com)

22 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Calling Biden a Catholic is like calling me an athlete because I played sports in high school. Technically true but..... man lol what a disaster. I'm assuming they'll blame his s-s-s-stutter or something

No blaming, respect will be brought back to the WH. 54 more days of continual lying, etc.

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

No blaming, respect will be brought back to the WH. 54 more days of continual lying, etc.

The guy who lied about how his wife died so he could score political points for decades is going to bring respect back to the WH?

The guy who lied about his grades in law school? We talking about the same guy? 

The guy who got busted for plagiarism during an earlier run at the White House? That guy? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

The guy who lied about how his wife died so he could score political points for decades is going to bring respect back to the WH?

The guy who got busted for plagiarism during an earlier run at the White House? That guy? 

None of that matters, because Biden isn’t a meany. Apparently, being a full of !@#$ politician is a virtue to some.

22 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

LOL, you really do not know who the "pants on fire" guy is? do you?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

the guy and his family, who are still under investigation in the dealings in ukrain?  that guy?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

You can read the Gerald without a subscription on PC (not mobile) using Firefox. Press F9 for reader mode before the pop up locking the article appears. Not sure it works with Apple/Linux. Works with 90% of paywalls. WSJ, Substack and the Athletic don't work.

Honestly, I don’t have a problem paying $9.99 a month or what ever it is. We have some good people working at the Herald. My wife reads the paper on her phone, too. 

• Upvote 1

I think there are a few more court hearings going on today. Should be interesting.

idk. I am not surprised about the number of votes in the election. I thought it was expected. Was the percentage around 60%?

Edited: I believe here are the numbers 

Turnout statistics
Election Voting eligible population (VEP) % Turnout of VEP
2008 229,945,000 57.1%
2012 235,248,000 54.9%
2016 230,931,921 59.2%
2020 239,247,182

66.4% - 72.1%

39 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

LOL, you really do not know who the "pants on fire" guy is? do you?

It seems like you approach pretty much everything is binary.

It seems like in your brain it goes "Trump lies and is bad; Joe Biden beat Trump, therefore Joe Biden is honest and good."

Biden is a exceptionally bad liar even by political standards. There really isn't a way around it. 

A rational person would just say "I think Trump is worse so I voted for Biden and think he'll do a better job," at least then you arent feeding yourself or anyone else some nonsense about him being some white knight who is going to bring truth and dignity back to the white house, because he isn't lol.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

A rational person would just say "I think Trump is worse so I voted for Biden ......

T loser again:

POLITICS    PUBLISHED FRI, NOV 27 202012:52 PM ESTUPDATED 9 MIN AGO

Trump loses appeal of Pennsylvania election case
 A federal appeals court on Friday rejected an attempt from President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign to keep alive its effort to undo the result of Pennsylvania’s presidential election.

• Upvote 1

From raw story today. 

“In a ruling released on Friday, United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas shot down the campaign’s appeal of its Pennsylvania lawsuit seeking to nullify the state’s entire election results.

In his ruling, Bibas chastised the Trump campaign not only for failing to present evidence, but for failing to even make specific allegations of voter fraud.

“Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy,” Bibas wrote. “Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

T loser again:

POLITICS    PUBLISHED FRI, NOV 27 202012:52 PM ESTUPDATED 9 MIN AGO

Trump loses appeal of Pennsylvania election case
 A federal appeals court on Friday rejected an attempt from President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign to keep alive its effort to undo the result of Pennsylvania’s presidential election.

Leftist logic: trump is mean and bullies people, so I’ll continuously call him names. The hypocrisy of the tolerant left is continuously on display.

• Upvote 2

source Washington post concerning voter turnout in 2020

“Records from 1980 have been surpassed in 41 states. Another 3 and D.C. are projected to reach at least 40 year highs once all votes are tallied. Only 6 states do not look like they will end up with record-breaking turnout.“ 

looks like turnout was quite high almost everywhere. Texas had a record by over 5% the article said.

sorry - I have trouble with linking articles.

46 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You must think Joe won the election.

It’s not up to me. What happens will happen. We’re all pedestrians here. Or observers. Today, I will spend my day off watching college football and doing household tasks.