SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is a clear indication the election was stolen.  Will the crimes be proven or the states had crimes of fraud pick new electors.  Slim chance.  Have see what 5 justices have to say.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This is because it’s the Republicans who are fishing for fraud.  So of course every anomaly they bring to the public conversation will reflect their objective.   The Democrats are not doing the same.    

That said, there have been plenty of instances of lost ballots, recounts, etc. that actually increased Biden’s lead.  

Fair enough, that makes sense. What is your take on the article posted pointing out all the historically unique voting trends that took place in order for Biden to win. I’m not claiming they point to fraud, just more evidence of how odd this election was in comparison to history.

31 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yeah I would think the goal would be to highlight the cases benefitting my argument. 

Oddly enough, the whole liberal talking point of "Trump's judicial nominees are awful and unqualified and biased" seems to be getting #rekt lol

For sure, the Dems played ridiculous politics with Trump appointees.  It was laughable.  

That said, every judge has a bias.  But this bias reveals itself when actual evidence (or solid arguments) are presented.   Few judges, no matter how biased, are gonna give Trump the time of day with the arguments he's presenting.  It's why he's something like 1-40 in post election litigation.        

SCOTUS will act no differently.  Just because it's Right-leaning does not mean they're so partial they'll overrule decisions based on such laughable arguments.  I mean you actually need to make a case to SCOTUS.        

‘A Beautiful End’ to the ‘Grift’: Lawyers Celebrate Third Circuit’s ‘Devastating’ Rejection of Trump Pennsylvania Case

Colin Kalmbacher  1 hr ago

The Third Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously rejected the 45th president’s efforts to stop the certification of the Keystone State’s 2020 election results. In an opinion penned by Trump-appointed U.S. Circuit Judge Stephanos Bibas, the three-judge panel upheld a prior ruling by U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann which castigated the president’s attempt “to disenfranchise almost seven million voters” under the cover of “strained legal arguments without merit.”

Using equally cutting rhetoric, Judge Bibas excoriated the Trump campaign’s continued efforts to throw out valid ballots and swing the election for the current occupant of the White House.

“Charges of unfairness are serious,” the judge wrote. “But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”
‘A Beautiful End’ to the ‘Grift’: Lawyers Celebrate Third Circuit’s ‘Devastating’ Rejection of Trump Pennsylvania Case (msn.com)

Seems like it’s now guilty until proven innocent. Prove you got 80 million votes. Not trying to be a jerk.

I wonder if the court system thing isn’t the end game. Almost seems like it’s more of a public relations thing. Again, just observing what is going on in the court. Maybe something will stick. Idk

one consolation for Trump is that there were probably more in attendance at his inauguration than Biden’s scaled back inauguration.

53 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Fair enough, that makes sense. What is your take on the article posted pointing out all the historically unique voting trends that took place in order for Biden to win. I’m not claiming they point to fraud, just more evidence of how odd this election was in comparison to history.

It's certainly unique.  But it fits in with this entire election cycle being nuts; in addition to Covid, race riots, economic hardship, an exceedingly divided citizenry, etc. 

I mean 4 years ago Trump shocked the world, unprecedently.   But, in the following years, we made sense of why this occurred by actually embracing and studying anomalies.  The same will occur with 2020's results.  And we'll have a understanding of America because of it.          

If my opinion counts for anything, I think many of these anomalies stem from high turnout.   Non-politically minded individuals, traditional non-voters and high minority turnout had a great affect on altering traditional voting demographics.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It's certainly unique.  But it fits in with this entire election cycle being nuts; in addition to Covid, race riots, economic hardship, an exceedingly divided citizenry, etc. 

I mean 4 years ago Trump shocked the world, unprecedently.   But we, in the following years, were able to make sense why it occurred by actually studying anomalies.  The same will occur with 2020's results.         

If my opinion counts for anything, I think many of these anomalies stem from high turnout.   Non-politically minded individuals, non-voters and high minority turnout had a great affect on altering traditional political demographics.  

nope.

As said here often. Many people do not love Trump and many love him. Very polarizing man. IMHO that helped drive many to vote. Many first time voters. Most of the campaigning was done in swing states. To me, again imho, additionally explains why high turnout happened in swing states. I am not surprised with the number of votes cast in this election.

44 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I mean 4 years ago Trump shocked the world, unprecedently.   But, in the following years, we made sense of why this occurred by actually embracing and studying anomalies.  The same will occur with 2020's results.  And we'll have a understanding of America because of it.          

If my opinion counts for anything, I think many of these anomalies stem from high turnout.   Non-politically minded individuals, traditional non-voters and high minority turnout had a great affect on altering traditional voting demographics.  

But what’s even more odd, per the article, is the places where Dems traditionally crush, Trump made in roads. You’d think that with the higher voter turnout in those areas Biden would have gained the extra votes in those areas instead of others. 

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

But what’s even more odd, per the article, is the places where Dems traditionally crush, Trump made in roads. You’d think that with the higher voter turnout in those areas Biden would have gained the extra votes in those areas instead of others. 

Well it made sense that Biden would pick up some of the voters who might identify as moderates who don't like Trump. Biden is also a much more likable person than Hillary, some who stayed home as a protest may have come out this time too. 

Trump is polarizing, that probably drove some turnout too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Well it made sense that Biden would pick up some of the voters who might identify as moderates who don't like Trump. Biden is also a much more likable person than Hillary, some who stayed home as a protest may have come out this time too. 

I agree and understand that assessment, but with how poorly Biden performed in traditional Democratic strongholds, it just seems unlikely for him to then have had a record amount of votes. Higher voter turnout, I get it, but you’d think the ratios for certain areas would have been more consistent than they were.

• Upvote 2

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/935730100/how-biden-won-ramping-up-the-base-and-expanding-margins-in-the-suburbs

this article seems to be pretty neutral. 
found this interesting about Philadelphia:

“Biden actually won Philadelphia by thousands fewer votes than Clinton. But he more than made up for it in the suburbs. In just four counties — Montgomery, Delaware, Chester and Bucks — Biden improved on the 2016 margin by about 100,000 votes.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/935730100/how-biden-won-ramping-up-the-base-and-expanding-margins-in-the-suburbs

“Biden actually won Philadelphia by thousands fewer votes than Clinton. But he more than made up for it in the suburbs. In just four counties — Montgomery, Delaware, Chester and Bucks — Biden improved on the 2016 margin by about 100,000 votes.”

Consistent theme with Donald is that 2018 and 2020 seem to indicate suburban voters (aka white married women) didn't like him. 

It is what it is. Giving women the right to vote was truly stupid if you think about it from a male perspective....why on earth would you give someone power when you don't have any reason to?

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Consistent theme with Donald is that 2018 and 2020 seem to indicate suburban voters (aka white married women) didn't like him. 

It is what it is. Giving women the right to vote was truly stupid if you think about it from a male perspective....why on earth would you give someone power when you don't have any reason to?

totally offset by white married men voting for the first time in years/decades......for trump

FOX
Trump claims Biden must prove votes weren't 'illegally obtained' in order to enter White House
Trump claims Biden must prove votes weren't 'illegally obtained' in order to enterFO White House | Fox Newsy

President Trump on Friday claimed that President-elect Joe Biden must prove that the votes he received in the presidential election were not “illegally obtained” in order to enter the White House -- the latest sign that Trump is not giving up his efforts to challenge the result.

Trump tweeted that Biden can only enter the White House as president if he can prove that his "ridiculous 80,000,000 votes were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I agree and understand that assessment, but with how poorly Biden performed in traditional Democratic strongholds, it just seems unlikely for him to then have had a record amount of votes. Higher voter turnout, I get it, but you’d think the ratios for certain areas would have been more consistent than they were.

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Only doing better in four key urban centers is most curious of a result. And just the right four no less. Such good fortune for Mister Biden. 

First, accurate information is needed before any analysis can be done.    It took a 5 second google search to find out that "Biden underperformed Clinton everywhere except Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta and Philly" it patently false.  

The info stemmed from Townhall.  Erika Haas, a spokesperson for Townhall Media, told USA TODAY its story “jumped the gun” and has since been corrected.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/11/20/fact-check-biden-outperformed-clinton-most-major-metro-areas/6349084002/

EDIT:  Biden did better than Hillary  in most major metro areas.  This is easily verifiable with info obtained by state/county election websites, if you care to compare that to Hillary's results.  Cmon people, let's not be sheep here.     

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Giving women the right to vote was truly stupid if you think about it from a male perspective....why on earth would you give someone power when you don't have any reason to?

12 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

FOX

President Trump on Friday claimed that President-elect Joe Biden must prove that the votes he received in the presidential election were not “illegally obtained” in order to enter the White House -- the latest sign that Trump is not giving up his efforts to challenge the result.

Trump tweeted that Biden can only enter the White House as president if he can prove that his "ridiculous 80,000,000 votes were not fraudulently or illegally obtained. When you see what happened in Detroit, Atlanta, Philadelphia & Milwaukee, massive voter fraud, he’s got a big unsolvable problem

You & T are losing it. 

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

And yet, only 1 of those 4 counties use Dominion voting machines, touted as possibly hackable by some cesspool website admin that skimmed over the owner's manual. 

"Dominion voting equipment is used by 1.3 million voters in 14 Pennsylvania counties: York, Erie, Montgomery, Bedford, Armstrong, Carbon, Crawford, Clarion, Fayette, Luzerne, Fulton, Jefferson, Pike and Warren."

Source

• Upvote 2