SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Divisions have always existed, and politicians have always played to these divisions.    But at no time in recent history has any President exploited our divisions like Trump.

His entire Presidency is predicated on an ‘us vs them’ mentality.  Look at a Trump rally.  The vitriol he spews on a regular basis is unmatched by any President.            

At least under Obama politicians had some common ground to sit down/talk/etc to formulate a compromise.  Furthermore he at least verbally pretended to represent the entire of the nation.    4 years later this is essentially non-existent.  Trump is responsible for setting the tone, and unfortunately his divisiveness has filtered down to everything and everyone under him.  Politicians (from both sides of the isle) are now conducting themselves like 8th graders.  As such, the populace follows suit.   

And no, it’s not going away if Trump is gone.  But we need to stop the bleeding.  It will take years to recover from what Trump has done.  

I can only imagine if the speaker of the house would have torn Obama’s state of the union speech.  The tone for that behavior was set when Democrats did not show up for his inauguration.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Divisions have always existed, and politicians have always played to these divisions.    But at no time in recent history has any President exploited our divisions like Trump.

His entire Presidency is predicated on an ‘us vs them’ mentality.  Look at a Trump rally.  The vitriol he spews on a regular basis is unmatched by any President. So are his dog-whistles.             

At least under Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. politicians had some common ground whereby to sit down and formulate a compromise.  Furthermore, all previous presidents at least verbally pretended to represent the entirety of the nation for the good of the country.   This is non-existent under Trump.  Don't agree with Trump?...sorry you're a 'loser'.  Trump is responsible for setting the tone, and unfortunately his divisiveness has filtered down to everything and everyone under him.  Politicians (from both sides of the isle) are now conducting themselves like 8th graders.  As such, the populace follows suit.   

And no, it’s not going away if Trump is gone.  But we need to stop the bleeding.  It will take years to recover from what Trump has done.  

Yeah a little disingenuous to blame it all on Trump.  He definitely has contributed to it with his inability to stay off Twitter.  However for you to not acknowledge that he has been under attack for the last 3.5 years is not being honest with the situation.  If he defends himself he is being combative and divisive....if he doesn't defend himself he must be guilty.  I'm not gonna feel sorry for a millionaire president, but he has faced a level of scrutiny by a biased MSM that has not been seen in years, if ever. 

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, homer said:

I can only imagine if the speaker of the house would have torn Obama’s state of the union speech.  The tone for that behavior was set when Democrats did not show up for his inauguration.  

What?  The tone was set by the democrats who didn't show up for Trump's inauguration?   Please educate yourself.   This practice has been par-for-the-course throughout history.   Obama's was not attended by about 20 Republicans.  Big deal.  

Like I said, Trump's reality TV show governance style set the tone for where we are now.  Everybody else henceforth follows suit, including idiot Pelosi.  

23 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Yeah a little disingenuous to blame it all on Trump.  He definitely has contributed to it with his inability to stay off Twitter.  However for you to not acknowledge that he has been under attack for the last 3.5 years is not being honest with the situation.  If he defends himself he is being combative and divisive....if he doesn't defend himself he must be guilty.  I'm not gonna feel sorry for a millionaire president, but he has faced a level of scrutiny by a biased MSM that has not been seen in years, if ever. 

Trump feeds the flames by acting as such.   Notice when he defends himself he often makes outrageous statements as a means to deflect.  The media then become 'outraged' at Trump's new statement and forget the old one.  Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Trump's no dummy when it comes to PR.  He's a salesman.  He relishes being in the spotlight.   He plays the media as much as they play him.  The media love a good story ($$$).   His 'poor me' routine is calculated.  

Unfortunately for him, he has very little self-control and politically can't think outside of the box.  For some reason he panders only to his base. 

The guy is a novelty, I'll give him that.  Doesn't mean he's good for the country though.    

28 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

What?  The tone was set by the democrats who didn't show up for Trump's inauguration?   Please educate yourself.   This practice has been par-for-the-course throughout history.   Obama's was not attended by about 20 Republicans.  Big deal.  

Like I said, Trump's reality TV show governance style set the tone for where we are now.  Everybody else henceforth follows suit, including idiot Pelosi.  

I understand how it works.  10ish here and there isn’t uncommon.   60+, really unheard of but your right, It’s all on the tone that Trump set.  

49 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

His entire Presidency is predicated on an ‘us vs them’ mentality.  Look at a Trump rally.  The vitriol he spews on a regular basis is unmatched by any President. So are his dog-whistles.             

At least under Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. politicians had some common ground whereby to sit down and formulate a compromise.  Furthermore, all previous presidents at least verbally pretended to represent the entirety of the nation for the good of the country.   This is non-existent under Trump.  Don't agree with Trump?...sorry you're a 'loser'.  Trump is responsible for setting the tone...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

“Schumer Writes Letter to the FBI asking them to pause the Hunter Biden Investigation” was reported today by The Conservative Brief. Chuck Schumer is the Senate Minority Leader and he is yet again waiting for an important process to wait until after the election. First he whined that confirming Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court was wrong and needed to wait until after the election. He claimed that the American people should have a say in who fills the seat. But they already had their say. The American people elected Donald J. Trump to a four year term, in that term there have been three Supreme Court vacancies. His term isn’t over now because the election is in a matter of days, no, his term continues and he will continue to exercise the powers of his office until the day he leaves the White House.

https://www.rightwing.org/pollsf-16-1-1/?utm_source=rw-aw-cf&utm_medium=aw-disp&utm_campaign=social-security-soi-dne&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhvqE1JjO7AIV2hWtBh0v3gJUEAEYASAAEgLqLPD_BwE

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I would describe myself as an unregistered Republican that would vote for virtually any other presidential Republican candidate. There’s much more to it than Trump being a jerk. My opinion is the Republican Party has been led to a fundamental change and the whole party is scared to challenge the boss. I don’t recognize the party anymore. Too much control in one man. 

Biden - ugh   As in the previous election which I voted Republican it was a lesser of two evils. Same this year and I fear the Republican candidate more.

Right or wrong  my thoughts 

fire away

I dont agree, but respect your right to make the choice.

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Nice try cupcake.      

As I stated, politicians have always exploited divisions to some degree, Clinton is doing it here.    But Trump has made an art of it.   It's his daily mode of operation.  Repeatedly talking **** like a 5th grader is the root of why our government is a reality TV show circus at the moment.  He's made the dumbing down of government acceptable.  It was never like this before Trump, on any regular basis.   One off-hand juvenile comment by Clinton doesn't change this fact.         

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, homer said:

I understand how it works.  10ish here and there isn’t uncommon.   60+, really unheard of but your right, It’s all on the tone that Trump set.  

Yes, of course.   That single act, which was hardly novel, set the wheels in motion.  Ha!  

16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Nice try cupcake.      

As I stated, politicians have always exploited divisions to some degree, Clinton is doing it here.    But Trump has made an art of it.   It's his daily mode of operation.  Repeatedly talking **** like a 5th grader is the root of why our government is a reality TV show circus at the moment.  He's made the dumbing down of government acceptable.  It was never like this before Trump, on any regular basis.   One off-hand juvenile comment by Clinton doesn't change this fact.         

He's made the dumbing down of our government acceptable?  Right, because it was so loaded with geniuses to begin with that it was possible for an outsider to win the top spot in the country.  Open up your eyes and stop talking out of your a** for long enough to realize that the status quo led to Trump being able to win, it wasn't created by him.  

Trump is a poor public speaker, another 4 more years of him might not be great for the US, and maybe all things being equal Biden over Trump wouldn't be cause for concern, but anyone that has watched Biden for more than 5 minutes live knows in their heart that he won't be the one pulling the strings if elected. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

He's made the dumbing down of our government acceptable?  Right, because it was so loaded with geniuses to begin with that it was possible for an outsider to win the top spot in the country.  Open up your eyes and stop talking out of your a** for long enough to realize that the status quo led to Trump being able to win, it wasn't created by him.  

Trump is a poor public speaker, another 4 more years of him might not be great for the US, and maybe all things being equal Biden over Trump wouldn't be cause for concern, but anyone that has watched Biden for more than 5 minutes live knows in their heart that he won't be the one pulling the strings if elected. 

And that is the problem, WHO will be?

China, Russia, Iran, AOC, BLM, Antifa....

whoever has more dirt and evidence of the things hes done?.....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Correct. He'll be working with congress while not worrying about his personal business.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yes, of course.   That single act, which was hardly novel, set the wheels in motion.  Ha!  

It certainly doesn't help when a third of your party representation starts off a presidents term showing that disrespect.   So yeah I would say it helped set a tone for a guy that really doesn’t give a !@#$ about how things have been done before.  

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why did Mister Obama tell Mister Biden to not run? What did Mister Obama know and when did he know it? 

It is no secret that Obama thinks Biden is an idiot. This isn't the first time this corruption has come up, particularly the Ukraine. Likely part of what Hillary used to keep Biden out of race in 2016.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Nice try cupcake.      

A very nice job of triggering you.

• Upvote 4