SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

16 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

For the kid, yes.  But I believe you can't test and have it count until a couple days after the close encounter because of the virus taking a couple days to manifest.  At least I thought there was a couple day delay built in.  

Then you make up a date to tell your contract tracer you’ve developed symptoms. 10 days after that date you’re good to go. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDHD is caught up on tracing after a back log. Announced the contact tracing focus will be mostly on 4 groups.....elementary/HS schools, higher ed/colleges, healthcare workers and LTC facilities. Again gotta quarantine all those 6-18 year old superspreaders and let's make sure we are testing the s@@t coming out of the dorms at UND and NDSU.

M daughter works at the Med School, there is some Corona chatter.

Heard something like this, migh be a rumor?
The state dropped contact tracing, article in the Heraldo.
Pressure from CDC (or something Federal, can't remember) made it's presence and the State modified contact tracing and continued with it.
Like mentioned a few days ago, with grandson's 2nd Q - unlike the 1st one, contact tracing was left to my daughter. Just a GF County Health letter from the school as a guide.

7 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Then you make up a date to tell your contract tracer you’ve developed symptoms. 10 days after that date you’re good to go. 

Correct....symptoms drive the 10 day clock regardless when you are confirmed  positive.  

Asymptomatic positive....clock starts when you are positive. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's be honest.......if Trump loses the election it's because millions will vote against him for being a complete jerk half the time and his lack of perceived Presidental characteristics and decorum. Just look at the two debates. 

Millions of people aren't going to be voting "for" Biden but "against" Trump.

I'm somewhere in there  ^^^

41 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Correct....symptoms drive the 10 day clock regardless when you are confirmed  positive.  

Asymptomatic positive....clock starts when you are positive. 

Yep and if you want to get out of purgatory a day or two earlier you tell your contract tracer you developed symptoms a couple of days before your positive test, because then it reverts back to when your ‘symptoms’ first started developing. They don’t ask you any questions about your health when you test so you can make up anything to your contract tracer. If you test negative you’re screwed. Let that sink in. Your quarantine is the longest if you’re a completely healthy person who doesn’t have Covid. 

• Upvote 2

I would describe myself as an unregistered Republican that would vote for virtually any other presidential Republican candidate. There’s much more to it than Trump being a jerk. My opinion is the Republican Party has been led to a fundamental change and the whole party is scared to challenge the boss. I don’t recognize the party anymore. Too much control in one man. 

Biden - ugh   As in the previous election which I voted Republican it was a lesser of two evils. Same this year and I fear the Republican candidate more.

Right or wrong  my thoughts 

fire away

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I would describe myself as an unregistered Republican that would vote for virtually any other presidential Republican candidate. There’s much more to it than Trump being a jerk. My opinion is the Republican Party has been led to a fundamental change and the whole party is scared to challenge the boss. I don’t recognize the party anymore. Too much control in one man. 

Biden - ugh   As in the previous election which I voted Republican it was a lesser of two evils. Same this year and I fear the Republican candidate more.

fire away

Out of curiosity, what do you fear as it pertains to four more years of Trump?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

fire away

I'm pretty much on the same page, voted for the T circle jerk 4 years ago. I've voted for B earlier this week.
Till they prove B was wrong on this mid October Giuliani fire cracker, I'm comfortable with my vote.
To me if this story had some horsepower, it would of been brought out way earlier - and then been proven. This is a political ultimate of worst tactics, somewhat sinilar to 4 years ago. This has to stop; these lies, false accusations, repeating false stories knowing that aren't true, and etc.
There's that gourp of the electorate on each end of the voting spectrum that never crosses the line , but there's getting to be a bigger group in the middle that will vote either way or for an I. Just look back in our life time how the party of the P is bouncing back and forth? It has somewhat been going on for a while, but now at a more intense level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm pretty much on the same page, voted for the T circle jerk 4 years ago. I've voted for B earlier this week.
Till they prove B was wrong on this mid October Giuliani fire cracker, I'm comfortable with my vote.
To me if this story had some horsepower, it would of been brought out way earlier - and then been proven. This is a political ultimate of worst tactics, somewhat sinilar to 4 years ago. This has to stop; these lies, false accusations, repeating false stories knowing that aren't true, and etc.
There's that gourp of the electorate on each end of the voting spectrum that never crosses the line , but there's getting to be a bigger group in the middle that will vote either way or for an I. Just look back in our life time how the party of the P is bouncing back and forth? It has somewhat been going on for a while, but now at a more intense level.

Ironically, a large part of Trump’s initial appeal was his outsider/non-politician shtick.  However 4 years later he’s steeped in the mechanisms of political sleaze as much as anybody else.  But on top of that, under his leadership, we’ve become a far more divided country than any other time in recent history.         

We can overcome and correct bad policies; we always have.   Overcoming internal division is not as easy.   Immense internal fracture is what I fear most with 4 more years of Tяump.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Ironically, a large part of Trump’s initial appeal was his outsider/non-politician shtick.  However 4 years later he’s steeped in the mechanisms of political sleaze as much as anybody else.  But on top of that, under his leadership, we’ve become a far more divided country than any other time in recent history.         

We can overcome and correct bad policies; we always have.   Overcoming internal divisions isn't as easy.  This is what I fear with 4 more years of Tяump

The division isn’t all on Trump and isn’t going to just go away if he is gone.  Dems started the division before he was even in office.  

Actually see it getting worse if they give all the money promised during campaigning by both Biden and Harris if they happen to win the nomination.  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, homer said:

The division isn’t all on Trump and isn’t going to just go away if he is gone.  Dems started the division before he was even in office.  

Actually see it getting worse if they give all the money promised during campaigning by both Biden and Harris if they happen to win the nomination.  

What's missing is compromise. The all-or-nothing, sweepstakes style politics have just completely turned off most center-minded folks, who struggle to identify with either "party."

We are in an era not of progress but circularity.  Presidential priorities seem out of whack.  It seems the new norm is to expend considerable energy undoing - often by executive order - the policies of the previous administration.  Trump was never shy about this, but he never was able to deliver on some of his loose promises.

Frankly, I would have liked to have seen Trump without his GOP enablers in Congress, and particularly the Senate.  Hard to imagine less gridlock than we already have.  When was the last time the US accomplished something meaningful?  Are term limits the answer?

I believe that the US can no longer be defined by a single, American ideology.  There are probably at least 5-6 factions in the country, struggling to find any common ground whatsoever.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, homer said:

Divisions have always existed, and politicians have always played to these divisions.    But at no time in recent history has any President exploited our divisions like Trump.

His entire Presidency is predicated on an ‘us vs them’ mentality.  Look at a Trump rally.  The vitriol he spews on a regular basis is unmatched by any President. So are his dog-whistles.             

At least under Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. politicians had some common ground whereby to sit down and formulate a compromise.  Furthermore, all previous presidents at least verbally pretended to represent the entirety of the nation for the good of the country.   This is non-existent under Trump.  Don't agree with Trump?...sorry you're a 'loser'.  Trump is responsible for setting the tone, and unfortunately his divisiveness has filtered down to everything and everyone under him.  Politicians (from both sides of the isle) are now conducting themselves like 8th graders.  As such, the populace follows suit.   

And no, it’s not going away if Trump is gone.  But we need to stop the bleeding.  It will take years to recover from what Trump has done.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

What's missing is compromise. The all-or-nothing, sweepstakes style politics have just completely turned off most center-minded folks, who struggle to identify with either "party."

We are in an era not of progress but circularity.  Presidential priorities seem out of whack.  It seems the new norm is to expend considerable energy undoing - often by executive order - the policies of the previous administration.  Trump was never shy about this, but he never was able to deliver on some of his loose promises.

Frankly, I would have liked to have seen Trump without his GOP enablers in Congress, and particularly the Senate.  Hard to imagine less gridlock than we already have.  When was the last time the US accomplished something meaningful?  Are term limits the answer?

I believe that the US can no longer be defined by a single, American ideology.  There are probably at least 5-6 factions in the country, struggling to find any common ground whatsoever.

Term limits in everything from Supreme Court all the way to State governors.  

A third party would also help.  It’s too bad after Perot got 20% of the vote in the early 90s that nothing formed from that.  

• Upvote 3