SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's what I questioned.
It's 24 days, for residents in home outside of the grandson.
Something like 10 days plus 2 weeks. I'll try get a better explanation today.

10 days while the kids is active.....plus you tack on 14 days at the end because they assume you could have caught it on day 10.....and it would take you 14 days to be clear yourself.

Enjoy the asymptomatic lockdown. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

10 days while the kids is active.....plus you tack on 14 days at the end because they assume you could have caught it on day 10.....and it would take you 14 days to be clear yourself.

Enjoy the asymptomatic lockdown. 

Know multiple people who have tested  positive and that has yet to apply to those living in same household (spouse and kids). Must be something new......again. Or arbitrarily  designated.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Know multiple people who have tested  positive and that has yet to apply to those living in same household (spouse and kids). Must be something new......again. 

It's for sure a school policy.  The kid is 10 days from start of symptoms....or if no symptoms the date of the test.  For the back end, 14 days assumes you stayed in contact with the kid during his/her 10 days.  If you remove yourself from the situation your 14 days starts sooner.....and I believe can cut down to 10 days if you test negative.

It's all such a pile.  That's why the mask change policy by Burgrum was a godsend.  As long as both kids had masks on your kid isn't considered a close contact.  Don't be an idiot and test a healthy kid.  

• Upvote 1

Wisconsin will have 1000's available for coding jobs if Biden wins.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/10/23/carney-joe-bidens-energy-plan-would-eviscerate-wisconsin-sand-miners/

“Companies involved in Wisconsin’s sand mining industry employ thousands in family-supporting jobs and are making significant, multimillion-dollar investments in areas across Wisconsin, generating hundreds of millions of dollars in overall economic impact to the state and in local communities,” according to the Wisconsin Industrial Sand Association.

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Please do. Makes no sense. 

Daughter's explanation. 

Grandson is on a 10 day Q.
Contact with grandson for people out of household is 14 day Q for them since that contact date, as long as they do not come into contact again.
Household is on Q for entire time grandson is on 10 day Q and then 14 additional days.
If another household member tests + at a later date, then that person moves to a 10 day Q. That senario may extend time frame even more for rest of household.

24 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It's for sure a school policy.  The kid is 10 days from start of symptoms....or if no symptoms the date of the test.  For the back end, 14 days assumes you stayed in contact with the kid during his/her 10 days.  If you remove yourself from the situation your 14 days starts sooner.....and I believe can cut down to 10 days if you test negative.

It's all such a pile.  

Again know families of HS kids that were positive and none of that applied. Kid  gets sick on a Monday, tests positive.  He's back in school following Thursday....10 days. Parents back 2 weeks from that Monday....14 days. Been that way every  time and every incident  I know of no one else in household got sick/tested positive. 

6 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It's all such a pile.  That's why the mask change policy by Burgrum was a godsend.  As long as both kids had masks on your kid isn't considered a close contact.  Don't be an idiot and test a healthy kid.  

Crazy thing on most of these school policies is you could pull a Nick Saban and test negative three days in a row and it wouldn’t matter.  In some cases you can’t test out of your 10 or 14 day quarantine. 

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

24 days. How'd they come up with that number?

Going through the same thing. Wife is positive and symptomatic. She can go back to work 10 says after first symptoms. I am asymptomatic and have to quarantine for 14 days + the 10 days after her first symptoms, hence the 24 days. I got tested yesterday and am hoping for a positive so I can start living my life sooner. 

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Daughter's explanation. 

Grandson is on a 10 day Q.
Contact with grandson for people out of household is 14 day Q for them since that contact date, as long as they do not come into contact again.
Household is on Q for entire time grandson is on 10 day Q and then 14 additional days.
If another household member tests + at a later date, then that person moves to a 10 day Q. That senario may extend time frame even more for rest of household.

Another kick in the nuts is that if your grandson has a brother or sister that is negative....they still have to serve out a quarantine......the first day back if they get labeled a close contact again the quarantine for then starts all over again. 

9 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Bingo

Just now, TheFlop said:

Another kick in the nuts is that if your grandson has a brother or sister that is negative....they still have to serve out a quarantine......the first day back if they get labeled a close contact again the quarantine for then starts all over again. 

Yes more siblings, this Q could last a while.

10 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

I’ll just add that if a kid is a close contact it makes sense to get them tested and hope for a positive so they can get back to school sooner. 

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

As I mentioned a couple  days ago the new CDC close contact guideline is an overt attempt  to basically close schools.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Again know families of HS kids that were positive and none of that applied. Kid  gets sick on a Monday, tests positive.  He's back in school following Thursday....10 days. Parent back 2 weeks from that Monday....14 days. Been that way every  time and every incident  I know of no one else in household got sick/tested positive. 

I can't speak for what the people you know did.....but I know where I'm at it's a pretty tough sell (and impossible to enforce) expecting a healthy asymptomatic/someone that only had symptoms for a day or two to stay at home for 24 days straight....just saying. 

And the ones I know of weren't Trumptards to quote Heydouche.  The Covid fatigue is affecting both sides despite what many will say in public. 

2 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

I’ll just add that if a kid is a close contact it makes sense to get them tested and hope for a positive so they can get back to school sooner. 

If they are backed into a corner like that, then yes you are correct.  

2 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Testing is hard to get done on a close contact asymptomatic child.  You have to be able to pull some strings at this point.

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

I can't speak for what the people you know did.....but I know where I'm at it's a pretty tough sell (and impossible to enforce) expecting a healthy asymptomatic/someone that only had symptoms for a day or two to stay at home for 24 days straight....just saying. 

To way to shorten that up is get the kid tested +, now you have 10 day Q to get the kid back to school.

10 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Yup.......in my example  that's what the  parents in the household were told to do......just 14 days. Not 24. I know of spouses that basically told the NDHD to F off. They aren't  losing pay for 2 weeks when they aren't  even sick. Right or wrong that happens  a lot.

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

To way to shorten that up is get the kid tested +, now you have 10 day Q to get the kid back to school.

For the kid, yes.  But I believe you can't test and have it count until a couple days after the close encounter because of the virus taking a couple days to manifest.  At least I thought there was a couple day delay built in.  

Biden the genius on how to kill the nation's economy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/10/24/biden_ok_to_frack_for_natural_gasnot_ok_to_burn_it_144521.html

This Green New Deal goal would never get congressional approval, but that may not matter. Biden promises to achieve his clean energy goals by fiat, issuing executive orders of “unprecedented reach that go well beyond the Obama-Biden Administration platform.” A Biden administration would move to achieve its goal of “carbon-free” electricity generation through an even more aggressive version of President Obama’s “Clean Power Plan” regulations. This Clean Power Plan 2.0 would require utilities to idle, then dismantle, their natural gas power plants. 

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

And a vote for Biden will open up the door to more of this going forward.  Think about it, even of "just" 10 days, that could be close to 2 weeks of school sitting at home feeling fine, missing out on the social experience of school, and all extra curriculars.  There are only what 38/39 weeks of school each year?  Anytime your kid is considered "infected".....not sick but "infected" with anything that happens to be part of someone's agenda then that kid will keep missing weeks of school.  

Sometimes the slippery slope risk is overeggeragted, but in this case look out.  

Another thing that I've noticed is that even the people that say they are all on board with quarantining, masks, the whole rigamarole......typically have a sudden change of heart when it affects their situation.  When little Jonny has a select away hockey tourney, suddenly the "rules" don't apply to them.....some of the same old people that have bought into this and think keeping kids at home to stop the spread is ok.....are the first people to cram into their booth at Perkins every morning.  They want to be able to tell you what you should do but they don't always want to live what they preach.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Testing is hard to get done on a close contact asymptomatic child.  You have to be able to pull some strings at this point.

It was easy for us. Mass testing event. Just had to fill out the registration forms. I was a little leery too but myself and the two kids were in and out in 15 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, homer said:

Crazy thing on most of these school policies is you could pull a Nick Saban and test negative three days in a row and it wouldn’t matter.  In some cases you can’t test out of your 10 or 14 day quarantine. 

So, the testing policies basically ram due process up the ass and don’t even offer a reach around. Presumed “guilty,” on the strength of a single positive, with no chance for rebuttal.

But the penalties for violating “quarantine” would be inherently criminal, right? Then you would have every right to a trial, defend yourself, introduce evidence of negative tests, challenge the testing methodology used against you, argue false positive rates, etc. The government would literally have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you were infectious - and a threat to public health, not just a random “positive”.  

Do I have this wrong? Or is this essentially how the people will need to assert themselves over this pseudoscientific tyranny?