SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Mayor Timmy threatening to lockdown Fargo again. Yup.....that's what this community needs is a another lockdown with 6+ months of winter staring everyone in the face but at least it gives Grandma the possibility to sing "Jingle Bells" to herself in isolation in 2 months.

To quote Joey B. "dark winter" ahead.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

@Hayduke1 Still has Biden winning and this thread continuing for years to come. 

I see the circle jerk was aroused by what they believe was a "huuuuge" win by Dear Leader last night.

While in the real world, after fact checking and upon that reflection, Dear Leader was a failure...again...even though he didn't go entirely unhinged like last time. 

Now they are spewing nonsense about Minnesota going "red", mainly because they never seem to get past St. Cloud on the interstate.  Lol 

It's over, cult.  Dear Leader better lawyer up.  A new AG is coming to town en enero. 

LMFAO

Now, enjoy your circle jerk while you can. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The Debate:

The Incumbent: Much better performance. Missed a couple chances for devastating debate shots. After last performance bar was set medium-high and he met or slightly exceeded.

The Challenger: Strong start but visibly* and functionally** faded. May have put most devastating comment on the night out of his mouth on himself. Expectations were medium-low and he would've gotten a met save for the last 20 minutes moving the overall to slightly underperformed. 

The Moderator: Expectations were to try to keep a civil debate but all the fastballs would go at the Incumbent. No, a couple hard sliders and a fastball went the Challengers way also. My expectation was for a neutral-lean-left performance and Moderator exceeded expectations (meaning was better than hoped for). The only critique? The Moderator interrupted the Incumbent far more often and there were times the Challenger should've been challenged and cut off. 

Did last night change any minds? More than likely, no. 

*As night wore on you could see more and more of his thoughts on his face
**His stutter appeared after 9 pm CDT; Rudy "Jubiano" and the "Poor" Boys came out without self-awareness or self-correction

Agree except it will make a huge difference in PA.  Western PA will carry the day for Trump.  Secures Ohio as NE Ohio will not want to lose the ground they made with Trump.  They depend on oil, Natural Gas and Mfg.   In addition a congressional seat in NM will flip now as well.  NM is heavily depend on Fed Land with oil drilling fracking.  

BIDEN: Eventually we're going to have to go to oil, but we're not getting rid of fossil fuels. 

Did he really mean "go to oil" or is that another adorable Biden misspeak? 

Assuming he meant "oil will have to go", but we're not getting rid of fossil fuels? Um, ... oil is a fossil fuel. If it goes how are you not getting rid of fossil fuels? 

And can he please pick a date. At one point in the debate he says "2025"; then he rolls out a "2035"; and then in this quote it's "2050". Dan Dotson would be proud of that. Do I hear a "2075"? 

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Who knew there could be 10M coding jobs that need to be filled in this country.

Well if not coding, maybe make buggy whips since we will not be driving cars, pickups.  buy a horse before the price goes up and you have to walk.

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did he really mean "go to oil" or is that another adorable Biden misspeak? 

Assuming he meant "oil will have to go", but we're not getting rid of fossil fuels? Um, ... oil is a fossil fuel. If it goes how are you not getting rid of fossil fuels? 

And can he please pick a date. At one point in the debate he says "2025"; then he rolls out a "2035"; and then in this quote it's "2050". Dan Dotson would be proud of that. Do I hear a "2075"? 

pick a date.  just like bingo.  oh he said that about the 2nd amendment and guns.  wrong topic.

i see hayduche hasnt been out in minnesota lately....i have.  was in the cities a couple weeks ago, and tho there wasn't as many trump signs, there deffinetly wasn't very many biden signs at all.  still about 2-1 trump signs over biden signs.

Interesting article on Colin Peterson.  

This from a reader of the article and his comment.  This sums up his reelection problem.  It's more Pelosi remaining as speaker.  She and the squad are an dragging him down.

"I consider Collin Peterson a friend.  I have voted for him while I was a lifelong Democrat and continued to vote for him up to now as an Independent.  He has done a great job for our area and the people in it.  He was one of two Reps that didn't vote to impeach President Trump because his constituents didn't want that.  He actually listens to us and our concerns.

Given that, sadly I cannot vote for him this time around.  The American people cannot allow today's version of "Democrats" to maintain or grow in strength and numbers.

I am saddened by what happened to my Democratic Party and if you wonder why people like President Trump are elected and will probably win a 2nd term, look no farther than what most of today's Democrats are like."

https://www.startribune.com/only-conservative-democrat-left-minnesota-s-collin-peterson-bets-on-record-in-re-election-fight/572829332/

Just now, 1972 said:

i see hayduche hasnt been out in minnesota lately....i have.  was in the cities a couple weeks ago, and tho there wasn't as many trump signs, there deffinetly wasn't very many biden signs at all.  still about 2-1 trump signs over biden signs.

I live 35 miles north of Brainerd. Ive had to go  NW up to Clearbrook 3 times in the last month. Have been to Brainerd numerous times in the last month as well. From here to Bemidji

it is over whelmingly Trump signs. Especially in the rural areas. Brainerd area Much more Trump as well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I live 35 miles north of Brainerd. Ive had to go  NW up to Clearbrook 3 times in the last month. Have been to Brainerd numerous times in the last month as well. From here to Bemidji

it is over whelmingly Trump signs. Especially in the rural areas. Brainerd area Much more Trump as well.

man i love the Brainerd area.....would love live there, but not the way the state is going at this point

Joe Biden: (15:32)

... we’re going to invest in, for example, 500,000… Excuse me, 50,000 charging stations on our highways so that we can own the electric car market of the future.

So 50k or 500k? 
This time Mister Biden's gaf took him ... wrong. His own plan calls for 500k charging stations.

Now that that is cleared up, how does he plan to power those charging stations

Solar? Wind? I look out my window to a cloudy windless day. Those will not be viable until we have (as I've harped time and again) at-scale battery technology. 

Those will have to be baseline load as they need to be ready and available quite literally at the flip of a switch. Welcome to fossil or nuclear. That's baseline.

But the rest of the secret they don't tell you: A level 2 (L2) or level 3 (L3) charging station is some heavy, large scale power company equipment (cables, transformers). Think of the difference in supplying power to your home versus a welding shop or small factory*. So the power company has a huge infrastructure investment (for the large equipment) to sell 20-30 kWh once in a while. (Average home uses 30 kWh per day; that's about half charge of a Tesla.) Normally equipment sized like that has continuous duty load (selling at least 2 to 3 hundred kWh per day, like a welding shop). Not at L2 or L3 chargers.

Power company pays the big infrastructure investment to sell very little electricity. Who do you think makes up the difference? 

Oh, and building those larger cables and transformers? It takes a lot of energy. 

*The energy delivery is in minutes, not hours, so the cables and transformers have to be upsized to carry the high currents. 

7 minutes ago, 1972 said:

man i love the Brainerd area.....would love live there, but not the way the state is going at this point

So, you think the state of Minnesota is going red.  But, you don't like "the way the state is going at this point".

ROTFLMFAO

You Trumptards are something else.   Get back in the circle jerk.  Before it is over en enero.

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So 50k or 500k? 
This time Mister Biden's gaf took him ... wrong. His own plan calls for 500k charging stations.

Solar? Wind? I look out my window to a cloudy windless day. Those will not be viable until we have (as I've harped time and again) at-scale battery technology. 

Those will have to be baseline load as they need to be ready and available quite literally at the flip of a switch. Welcome to fossil or nuclear. That's baseline.

But the rest of the secret they don't tell you: A level 2 (L2) or level 3 (L3) charging station is some heavy, large scale power company equipment (cables, transformers). Think of the difference in supplying power to your home versus a welding shop or small factory*. So the power company has a huge infrastructure investment (for the large equipment) to sell 20-30 kWh once in a while. (Average home uses 30 kWh per day; that's about half charge of a Tesla.) Normally equipment sized like that has continuous duty load (selling at least 2 to 3 hundred kWh per day, like a welding shop). Not at L2 or L3 chargers.

Power company pays the big infrastructure investment to sell very little electricity. Who do you think makes up the difference? 

Oh, and building those larger cables and transformers? It takes a lot of energy. 

*The energy delivery is in minutes, not hours, so the cables and transformers have to be upsized to carry the high currents. 

very well stated

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, you think the state of Minnesota is going red.  But, you don't like "the way the state is going at this point".

ROTFLMFAO

You Trumptards are something else.   Get back in the circle jerk.  Before it is over en enero.

Hopefully the Omar "cultists", liberal educators, BLM, anti police and blue haired transgender batista groups can carry the day for Biden in MN.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So 50k or 500k? 

As Biden said.  We will work it out.  No Fossil Fuels no pipelines.  Get ready solyndra round two and more bankruptcy for taxpayers holding the bag.

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

As Biden said.  We will work it out.  

Here comes my biases as an engineer; strap in.

When I hear an engineer say "we'll work it out", we will and do. 

When I hear anyone else say "we'll work it out" it means they won't but will expect someone else (an engineer) to do it. 

• Upvote 3

When I hear anyone else say "we'll work it out" it means they won't but will expect someone else (an engineer) to do it. 

Great points but I thought moving forward  all we have to do as a society is "trust the data and science" and everything  will get worked out?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Biden realized he lost PA now trying to spin his way out of his comments.  Too late you said it.

Biden had a good opportunity in front of everyone to say he retracts previous statements made on fossil fuels and fracking.  I think that may have won some undecided voters over.  Instead he challenged Trump on it and now the videos are rolling on Twitter.  

Where are Biden's campaign people prepping him on this?  We know Joe slips a bit from time to time, but nobody that works for him has seen any of these clips of him saying what he's said?

• Upvote 1

You left out he part of an engineer figuring it out at much higher cost than the non engineer forecasts.   :)