SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Biden didn't solicit this as s clowns vote.  Trump doesn't disavow white supremists.  Biden did.

You are an absolute f&@^&ing moron. Biden been a racist for years and plenty of videos to prove it.

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

What the hell do you expect for a response after the way Dear Leader has acted over the years?

I understand the cult has guzzled his Kool-aid, but most of our country hasn't.  Feel fortunate that is all you have seen.  So far. 

You must have a short memory, Chris Matthews had a thrill up his leg. Speaking of cult behavior. 

ws

Completely useless:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html 

This chart says if you're 85+ years old you have 13x higher chance of hospitalization and a 630x higher chance of death than a 18-29 year old. 

But it doesn't say what the rates are for 18-29 year olds.

So what good is the N times comparison?

Completely useless. 

1 minute ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It's a simple question, if he wants to pollinate the board with examples of people showing glee that Trump has it, he should at least be willing to claim that his idols wouldn't do the same if Biden had it.

There'd be jerks on the left and the right.

You can't judge an entire group by its worst five percent. 

16 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Answer the question then. We all know Goon is too chicken to do so.

Speculate on a what if?  Ok, my opinion is yeah, there would be some.  I wouldn’t agree with it and it doesn’t make it right.  

Just because someone else would do it doesn’t make it right.  I have these conversations with my five year old, I guess I assumed you would understand that as well.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homer said:

Speculate on a what if?  Ok, my opinion is yeah, there would be some.  I wouldn’t agree with it and it doesn’t make it right.  

Just because someone else would do it doesn’t make it right.  I have these conversations with my five year old, I guess I assumed you would understand that as well.  

Thank you for answering the question, that's all he needed to do.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Answer the question then. We all know Goon is too chicken to do so.

Bad behavior from another group doesn't justify or make it right. It sounds like a whataboutism.  So go back to your basement, and wrap yourself in a snuggie. The left has been in a meltdown since day one of the Trump administration. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Bad behavior from another group doesn't justify or make it right. It sounds like a whataboutism.  So go back to your basement, and wrap yourself in a snuggie. The left has been in a meltdown since day one. 

You did not answer the question, but it was brave of you to finally respond. Kudos

Conclusion: Wearing masks (other than N95) will not be effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE.

• N95s protect health care workers, but are not recommended for source control transmission.
  • Surgical masks are better than cloth but not very efficient at preventing emissions from infected patients. Cloth masks must be 3 layers, plus adding static electricity by rubbing with rubber glove.
  • The cloth that serves as the filtration for the mask is meant to trap particles being breathed in and out. But it also serves as a barrier to air movement because it forces the air to take the path of least resistance, resulting in the aerosols going in and out at the sides of the mask.
  • An August 2020 UCSF study suggested that the mask would decrease the absolute volume of the inoculum. (The concentrations of bacteria upstream and downstream of the test devices were measured with an aerodynamic size spectrometer) https://ucsf.app.box.com/s/blvolkp5z0mydzd82rjks4wyleagt036

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:
  • The cloth that serves as the filtration for the mask is meant to trap particles being breathed in and out. But it also serves as a barrier to air movement because it forces the air to take the path of least resistance, resulting in the aerosols going in and out at the sides of the mask.

That's what no one can explain to me about "chin diapers" (c) South Park this week

I find myself breathing 'around' the mask (out the sides) when I have to wear one -- easier to breath and doesn't fog if you have sunglasses on. 

Want true protection? ... where's that old rad-con suit and Scott air pack with a sealed bubble mask from my days as a nuke ... 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

There'd be jerks on the left and the right.

You can't judge an entire group by its worst five percent. 

Unfortunately, the President, himself, is in that worst 5% for the right.    Here's Trump's reaction to a political opponent getting sick.