SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Scrolling down to maybe the third reply to that video confirms that they weren't even Antifa, just some weirdos in an ICP-style rap group.  More likely to be Trump Trash than Antifa.

I wouldn't want the Juggalos on my side either and most are more concerned with drugs and Faygo than politics....but they have become the darlings of the left.

Juggalos Journey to D.C. in Protest of FBI's Gang Classification

If Dear Leader gets Covid in the forest, will the cultists listen? 

Doubtful.  

Wear your damn masks.  Can Chris Wallace convince you?  

Doubtful 

.https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/business/media/chris-wallace-trump-coronavirus.html

Chris Wallace, Awaiting Virus Test, Tells Fox News Viewers: ‘Wear the Damn Mask’

The anchor, who sat about 12 feet from President Trump at Tuesday’s debate, also criticized one of Mr. Trump’s pandemic advisers.

“I’m going to say something and, folks, I’m just trying to give you the truth,” Mr. Wallace said. “Dr. Scott Atlas is not an epidemiologist, is not an infectious disease expert — he has no training in this area at all. There are a number of top people on the president’s coronavirus task force who have had grave concerns about Scott Atlas and his scientific bona fides.”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I wouldn't want the Juggalos on my side either and most are more concerned with drugs and Faygo than politics....but they have become the darlings of the left.

Juggalos Journey to D.C. in Protest of FBI's Gang Classification

Fair enough. I based my opinion on the few Juggalos I grew up with and interactions I've had since then, but that's not exactly a wide sample size. 

8 hours ago, TheFlop said:

You are backing yourself into a corner.  So when the most visible 74 year old man in this nation makes it through this with relative ease......what will that say about all of the ridiculous restrictions and overreactions that have occurred since March?

Does he remain wide open at Walter Reed?  Good thing Noem was able to teach him South Dakota social distancing in Duluth!

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

How do you think he caught it? No chance it could have been the mask-less karaoke session with Noem right?

Conclusion: Wearing masks (other than N95) will not be effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE.

• N95s protect health care workers, but are not recommended for source control transmission.
  • Surgical masks are better than cloth but not very efficient at preventing emissions from infected patients. Cloth masks must be 3 layers, plus adding static electricity by rubbing with rubber glove.
  • The cloth that serves as the filtration for the mask is meant to trap particles being breathed in and out. But it also serves as a barrier to air movement because it forces the air to take the path of least resistance, resulting in the aerosols going in and out at the sides of the mask.
  • An August 2020 UCSF study suggested that the mask would decrease the absolute volume of the inoculum. (The concentrations of bacteria upstream and downstream of the test devices were measured with an aerodynamic size spectrometer) https://ucsf.app.box.com/s/blvolkp5z0mydzd82rjks4wyleagt0Ev

Everyone around him has been tested.

5 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Conclusion: Wearing masks (other than N95) will not be effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE.

• N95s protect health care workers, but are not recommended for source control transmission.
  • Surgical masks are better than cloth but not very efficient at preventing emissions from infected patients. Cloth masks must be 3 layers, plus adding static electricity by rubbing with rubber glove.
  • The cloth that serves as the filtration for the mask is meant to trap particles being breathed in and out. But it also serves as a barrier to air movement because it forces the air to take the path of least resistance, resulting in the aerosols going in and out at the sides of the mask.
  • An August 2020 UCSF study suggested that the mask would decrease the absolute volume of the inoculum. (The concentrations of bacteria upstream and downstream of the test devices were measured with an aerodynamic size spectrometer) https://ucsf.app.box.com/s/blvolkp5z0mydzd82rjks4wyleagt0Ev

Everyone around him has been tested.

So he must've magically caught it right?

Nope...

https://apple.news/A63FQt3CNQI2-JKSmCVaRmw

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Typical. Relative ease, in the hospital. Too bad he and his family refused to wear masks and mocked others for doing so. It is what it is.

So you are saying that if the Pres would have worn a mask he wouldnt have been infected?

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

How do you think he caught it? No chance it could have been the mask-less karaoke session with Noem right?

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I would assume you agree with the premise of the new recommendation as to quarantining those in close contact as stated below?  

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

In the category of masks work....the ND Department of Health changed it's tune on quarantining close contact patients.  Per the NDDH close contact individuals will no longer be recommended to quarantine for 2 weeks if the individual and the positive case to whom they were exposed wore mask when they were together.  

I'll pose this question to you then.......because you are a ND resident.

8 hours ago, TheFlop said:

You are backing yourself into a corner.  So when the most visible 74 year old man in this nation makes it through this with relative ease......what will that say about all of the ridiculous restrictions and overreactions that have occurred since March?

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Does he remain wide open at Walter Reed?  Good thing Noem was able to teach him South Dakota social distancing in Duluth!

Trump's potential "I had Covid and it's a nothing burger" talking point just went down the toilet with him being put in the hospital.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Trump's potential "I had Covid and it's a nothing burger" talking point just went down the toilet with him being put in the hospital.  

They're moving him out of an abundance of caution. 

If you were a US Navy CDR and MD and the Physician to the President, and they were ill, you too would do the exact same: Move your patient to the best facility out of ... an abundance of caution. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The NDDOH statement is out of line when comparing to the CDC's stance, no? Personally I think ND is tweaking the rules too much to the state's political liking.

Fair enough......so basically masks work only when they work and they only work in certain circumstances.

Cause I remember Redfield telling the nation masks are as or will be more effective vs the virus than any vaccine. Where does he work again?