SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

6 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'm curious on what the over/under would be for amount of time Biden served before resigning would be in Vegas?

Two years and a day of term is my guess on when he'd official step out. Why?

A22 says if you serve less than half of a term of President (meaning VP had to move up) you can still be elected twice. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution 

43 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Your assessment isn't wrong, but it doesn't give proper credit to the left and the direction of the country that lead to him being elected to begin with.

It wasn’t just the left; Trump repudiated the right as well.  His attractiveness as a candidate stemmed from exposing the prepackaged commodity we call politicians.  Unfortunately he’s shown himself to be the same as his predecessors.  The only difference is his divisiveness is ripping this country apart.      

He’s a conman, pure and simple.  He successfully swindled the stupid into believing a Hollywood playboy/child of privilege/shady businessman gives a crap about ‘everyday Joe’ and the direction of the country.  I'd say his hardcore base still loves him because he hates the same people they hate.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It wasn’t just the left; Trump repudiated the right as well.  His attractiveness as a candidate stemmed from exposing the prepackaged commodity we call politicians.  Unfortunately he’s shown himself to be the same as his predecessors.  The only difference is his divisiveness is ripping this country apart.      

He’s a conman, pure and simple.  He successfully swindled the stupid into believing a Hollywood playboy/child of privilege/shady businessman gives a crap about ‘everyday Joe’ and the direction of the country.  I'd say his hardcore base still loves him because he hates the same people they hate.  

You're oversimplifying his appeal so you can insult those you disagree with.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I dont see how Biden brings any sort of stability. He's expressed a willingness to expand the Court, getting rid of the Hyde Amendment, etc.

Both of those things fan division more than anything Donald Trump has done; at best, Biden MIGHT slow down some of the unrest in cities because I suspect those folks don't actually care about police brutality, but simply have a beef with who sits in the Oval Office.

That's all speculation at this point.  Fact is, not since the civil war have we been this divided; and I lived through the turmoil of the 1960s.  We at least had common ground as it pertained to discussion.  We don't even have that anymore.  This all blew-up tenfold under Trump, he set the tone.  Unlike Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, not once has he espoused anything resembling national unity.       

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

He was elected primarily to pick judges and justices, and get the gov't regulations off the backs of small businesses so this country could prosper.  He accomplished that.  3 justices on SC.  awesome.  unleashing energy to create jobs.   I would say Biden is the conman.  Hunter's money and the rest of the Biden family gaining riches off Daddy's name.

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

He was elected primarily to pick judges and justices, and get the gov't regulations off the backs of small businesses so this country could prosper.  He accomplished that.  3 justices on SC.  awesome.  unleashing energy to create jobs.   I would say Biden is the conman.  Hunter's money and the rest of the Biden family gaining riches off Daddy's name.

Any other Republican would have done the same.  

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

He does make for a good avatar against the American liberal march leftward. 

I wouldn't call his voters inherently stupid, although many on both sides are stupid. 

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's all speculation at this point.  Fact is, not since the civil war have we been this divided; and I lived through the turmoil of the 1960s.  We at least had common ground as it pertained to discussion.  We don't even have that anymore.  This all blew-up tenfold under Trump, he set the tone.  Unlike Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, not once has he espoused anything resembling national unity.       

Its not really speculation on some of it. He has said he has a goal of getting rid of the Hyde Amendment. And his refusal to answer about the Court seems pretty obvious about his intent, likely doesn't want to scare off independent voters.

Biden/Obama have a specific unity in mind that seems to be rather similar to Donald's, its a "my way or the highway" approach. Barry had his famous lines about "clingers." 

I dont think the dude is a commie or anything, but his entire campaign has sort of been structured to lead people to think of some "return to normalcy" but I dont see where that normalcy is supposed to be. If you can't straight up say "we arent adding seats to the Court, that's insane" then you aren't a unifier. If you can't promise that, then you aren't bringing stability, you are practically begging about 25-30 states to consider leaving the Union.

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Any other Republican would have done the same.  

this is very true but he was the goofy outlier in the GOP primary full or normal guys. By the time enough of them had dropped out, it was too late to really go with anyone else.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

No the establishment Rep would not have picked Judges like he has.   Too many of the Establishment are spineless.

The Federalist Society has put forth the nominations, not Trump. McConnell is the definition of the establishment and he's been pulling the strings all along. Trump is just a figurehead for electing judges.

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Either you are a hugely successful billionaire or you lost a sheet ton of money over a 20 year period and suck at business so bad you didn't pay income tax. . 

This isn't close to accurate. "Losing money" can mean multiple things and in this instance, it is being done on paper. Good luck determining the full story without all the proper information.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Unless you can show me:
- balance sheets;
- income statements;
- cash flow statements; and
- statements of equity;
you can not tell me any entity's financial condition. 

I'm not an accountant and yet I know that. 

There's plenty about a person's financial condition that can be learned from tax returns but they are just snippets in time and to your point, only tell part of the story. And with how much I'm guessing Trump pays his accountants (and forces them to push the envelope), good luck trying to decipher those snippets in time. Doesn't mean he isn't leveraged and might have some strained cash flow, but the generalizations are just guesses without the full package. 

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You're oversimplifying his appeal so you can insult those you disagree with.

I'll rephrase a quote from Animal House,

He can't do that to our cultists!  Only I can do that to our cultists!

Carry on.  Tell Dear Leader, "Thank you sir, may I have another."

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The Federalist Society has put forth the nominations, not Trump. McConnell is the definition of the establishment and he's been pulling the strings all along. Trump is just a figurehead for electing judges.

One could make an argument that a generic establishment GOP president would have backed down on Kavanaugh. 

But yes Mitch McConnell is a GOAT and will go down in history as being the American judiciary's Bismarck.

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I'll rephrase a quote from Animal House,

He can't do that to our cultists!  Only I can do that to our cultists!

Carry on.  Tell Dear Leader, "Thank you sir, may I have another."

You're living proof that idiocy knows no political affiliation.

• Like 2

Just now, Bison06 said:

You're living proof that idiocy knows no political affiliation.

So, I take it you are sticking with Dear Leader, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

It is your choice.  

Just remember to keep saying, "Thank you Dear Leader, may I have another!"

Remember, the cult expects you to do this with enthusiasm. 

LMFAO

58 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

He does make for a good avatar against the American liberal march leftward. 

I wouldn't call his voters inherently stupid, although many on both sides are stupid. 

Its not really speculation on some of it. He has said he has a goal of getting rid of the Hyde Amendment. And his refusal to answer about the Court seems pretty obvious about his intent, likely doesn't want to scare off independent voters.

Biden/Obama have a specific unity in mind that seems to be rather similar to Donald's, its a "my way or the highway" approach. Barry had his famous lines about "clingers." 

I dont think the dude is a commie or anything, but his entire campaign has sort of been structured to lead people to think of some "return to normalcy" but I dont see where that normalcy is supposed to be. If you can't straight up say "we arent adding seats to the Court, that's insane" then you aren't a unifier. If you can't promise that, then you aren't bringing stability, you are practically begging about 25-30 states to consider leaving the Union.

Policy has always been divisive.  This is nothing new.   In and of itself, our current state of divisiveness doesn't stem from policy.  It stems from Trump's intentional use of rhetoric to fan the flames of pre-existing divisions.  We have a reality TV star as president who doesn't even pretend to represent the entirety of the nation.  He's pitting us against ourselves for his own benefit.          

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

For anyone who is knowledgeable on the subject, how did things de-escalate after the Kent St. shooting and the turmoil of that era?  From what I have seen and read, that seemed like a complete tinderbox ready to blow.

Tin soldiers and Nixons coming...

Face it, cultists.  The GOP has a decision to make.  Follow Dear Leader and become a footnote in history.  

Or reject him, vote for reasonable conservatives in the GOP (If any are left) or even Libetarians and help the GOP post Trump. 

Put down the Kool-aid and decide.

FB_IMG_1601329671109.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

So, I take it you are sticking with Dear Leader, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

It is your choice.  

Just remember to keep saying, "Thank you Dear Leader, may I have another!"

Remember, the cult expects you to do this with enthusiasm. 

LMFAO

Take your lithium.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Face it, cultists.  The GOP has a decision to make.  Follow Dear Leader and become a footnote in history.  

Or reject him, vote for reasonable conservatives in the GOP (If any are left) or even Libetarians and help the GOP post Trump. 

Put down the Kool-aid and decide.

FB_IMG_1601329671109.jpg

Democrats lost 49/50 states twice in the span of 20 years. Parties change and adapt. I believe there were articles in 2008 proclaiming the GOP was dead only for the Party to win both chambers of Congress and the Presidency within 8 years. 

The GOP and Democrat Party ebb and flow. The Chicken Little nonsense is always silly. All it takes is one dumb person or policy to drive people to the open arms of the other party... until they do something dumb too.

Further, its always funny to see libs bring up the "reasonable conservative." In 2004, libs were calling W a war criminal and fascist. In 2008 they were calling McCain all sorts of names, in 2012 Mitt Romney was a sexist who wanted to enslave black folks, in 2016/2020 they call Trump a Nazi. 

The only reasonable conservative to nearly any Democrat tends to be the conservative they previously called similar names to whomever they are running against now. The "reasonable conservative" is some strawman invented that probably never existed.

• Upvote 1

Current Presidential Odds:

Trump -110

Biden -120

If you're bored, look up the prop bets for the debate, they are hilarious.  One that is oh so telling...

Who will CNN declare the winner of the debate? - Biden -700

Who will Fox News declare the winner of the debate? - Trump -700

Parlay those two bet and put down every penny you can come up with.  There is no chance either loses.

2 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

For anyone who is knowledgeable on the subject, how did things de-escalate after the Kent St. shooting and the turmoil of that era?  From what I have seen and read, that seemed like a complete tinderbox ready to blow.

Tin soldiers and Nixons coming...

It was a tinderbox.  Things erupted everywhere after Kent State.  But, life goes on, and things eventually leveled-out within a few weeks.      

The difference between now and then?  Nixon wasn't fanning the flames, nor 'trolling' protesters at every opportunity.   Trump is doing so and it prolongs, eggs-on and exacerbates problems.    

Sweet Jesus, I can only imagine the 1960s if Johnson/Nixon acted like Trump.  Wow.  

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

At some point you assclowns will figure out that whoever is loudest & most persistent about somebody doing something bad...actually more than likely did it themselves.  

It is literally one of the first chapters in the Democrat's playbook.

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Take your lithium.

You're confusing me with gooneytunes. 

But, hey, when I think of bizzzzzzzzzzzzzon and his butthurt over Dear Leader, follow these words of wizzzzzzzzzzdom..

I like it, I'm not gonna crack
I miss you, I'm not gonna crack
I love you, I'm not gonna crack

Don't do the next line.... 

Nirvana-lithium-geffen-2-s.jpg