SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

16 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

That mean's we're next.  Right?

There's no way it will be Italy-level nationally.  Seems like Italy was the victim of a 'perfect storm' of factors (some controllable, some not).  But who knows.  I wouldn't rule out pockets of this country getting hit extremely hard.  Hope I'm wrong though.:sad:

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

We were just talking about this at work yesterday.  We thought the same thing.
In late January something went around the shop that took each of us out for a couple days.  One of the guys couldn't stop coughing.  Another one had difficulty breathing and had to go to urgent care.  We're convinced that like 4-5 of us have already had corona and recovered from it.

same thing where i work. 

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

What's clear is that those that voted for Trump (and a reminder they were in the minority of Americans in the election) think he's doing a bang-up job on everything. 

It's not uncommon for a President to have less than 50% of the vote lol, you know that right? Would be interested to see if a loser ever got over 50% of the vote though.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Christ almighty, Italy is getting wrecked.  Nearly 500 dead today; 1,537 the last 4 days.  That's ridiculous for a country their size.

From what I'm understanding, it's double the rate of the next highest cause of death over there.          

For every four people that have recovered, three have passed away.

Let's hope it's nothing like that here in the ext 7-14 days.

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Christ almighty, Italy is getting wrecked.  Nearly 500 dead today; 1,537 the last 4 days.  That's ridiculous for a country their size.

From what I'm understanding, it's double the rate of the next highest cause of death over there.          

Which is driving Fiats?  Or angry husbands?

5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

What's clear is that those that voted for Trump (and a reminder they were in the minority of Americans in the election) think he's doing a bang-up job on everything. 

And boom goes the dynamite!  If only Hillary had won the imaginary National Popular Vote, right?  She’d be distributing free unicorns to every man, woman and child in the country instead of worrying about this!

Please go read the Constitution of the United States of America and brush up on how a republic works.

• Upvote 4

Ackman might have it right: 

We tried to level and shorten the curve by shutting colleges, but students and people in their 20’s and 30’s filled the bars, clubs, and in some cases the streets as though it’s eternal spring break (Hoboken NJ for example) Which in turn is moving the peak outward until summer and killing the economy in the meantime. He called for a nationwide 30 day remain in place and shutdown of everything except essentials. 

in 30 days the infection rate and existing cases would be near zero, then we’d be mostly open for business except international travel.

Markets hate uncertainty; this reduces uncertainty. The markets know a prolonged halt is disastrous; this plan for the most part, shortens the length to 1 month 

I ran the idea by a physician involved with a county health Dept and he agrees the math works. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It's not uncommon for a President to have less than 50% of the vote lol, you know that right? Would be interested to see if a loser ever got over 50% of the vote though.

Samuel Tilden had over 50% in the 1876 election, maybe the most controversial in our history.

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Game theory in full effect.  There is no “win” there are only degrees of loss.

Well........Trump might give Fauci a 9" trophy when this is over.

........and unfortunately that trophy will probably be bigger than most of the citizens of this county's future dreams.

https://www.newsweek.com/testing-coronavirus-cure-set-start-australia-weeks-first-participant-us-vaccine-trial-due-1492437

This is good news. --As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, scientists in Australia and the U.S. believe they are a step closer to developing a vaccine and treatment to fight the new coronavirus.

Professor David Paterson, director of the University of Queensland Centre for Clinical Research, told Australian website News.com.au that his team used two existing drugs to deactivate the new coronavirus named SARS-CoV- 2 (not to be confused with the virus which causes SARS), in test tubes. One drug is used against HIV and the other, called chloroquine, treats malaria.

Paterson said the HIV drug was given to some of the first patients to be diagnosed with COVID-19 in Australia, and caused the "disappearance of the virus." The patients have since recovered, he said.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

It is truely sad that you belive that.

It is sad how you spell truly.  

Should I believe that death is unnatural or that viruses are unnatural?  

Is your position that nobody should ever die from a virus?  

12 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

It is truely sad that you belive that.

Going forward, would you propose screening stations at REA and anyone with a sniffle or a slight fever being removed from the premises immediately?  

Or should we just play all future sporting events with no fans to ensure that not a single person gets a cold?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

"they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population"

Christmas and pandemics evidently bring out the best and worst of people. Called my kids to be sure they are helping out their neighbors; it appears if nothing else I raised them right. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, CarpeRemote said:

Christmas and pandemics evidently bring out the best and worst of people. Called my kids to be sure they are helping out their neighbors; it appears if nothing else I raised them right. 

Curious what you/they are doing to help out their neighbors?  

current line of thinking would be leaving them alone and staying around your own house

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic