SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, CarpeRemote said:

I think the current line of thinking is calling your single old man neighbor who can barely walk his dog and offer to go to the drugstore. 

In the other case offering the people in their mid 80’s a few houses down to call if there is an immediate issue. 

Absurd right?

No- that’s all good.  Be careful not to accidentally kill them though.  Like GI’s giving food to concentration camp victims.  Good intentions sometimes kill.

3 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Christmas and pandemics evidently bring out the best and worst of people. Called my kids to be sure they are helping out their neighbors; it appears if nothing else I raised them right. 

It amazes me to hear circumstances where people get into fights over trying to hoard supplies.  Getting enough to get you by isn't enough, some people think they need enough to live in a bunker for a year.  This society scares me should there actually be a circumstance where people have to sacrifice a bit.  It speaks volumes that people can't even sacrifice for a couple weeks now!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, keikla said:

The quote in your post makes it seem like using these drugs is a no brainer, but while results are promising (especially for chloroquine)...

There's always an Elon tweet...

Edited by Cratter

12 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I've finally done what I should have done a few days ago when I was first called an idiot for daring to spread the truth on the internet.  Here's the entire speech.  It's impossible to find a short clip of what Trump actually said, because the main stream media has edited them all to convince their followers that Trump called corona virus a hoax.  Starting at the 10 minute mark, listen for about a minute of the speech.  Anyone capable of reading and comprehension above a third grade level will clearly understand what he said.  

And to anyone so biased due to TDS; don't bother listening to the speech, and keep claiming you know what you're talking about while the rest of us laugh at your ignorance.    

Trump didn't directly call the coronavirus a hoax. He refered to Democratic criticism to his early response to the virus a hoax. Given the disconnection between Trump and the recommendations of the chief epidemiologist in his own administration,  it's not a stretch at all to say Trump's downplaying of the seriousness of the virus was unwarranted.  Splitting hairs between saying the significance of something is improperly minimized and calling it a hoax is also unjustified. 

13 hours ago, CMSioux said:

What's clear is that those that voted for Trump (and a reminder they were in the minority of Americans in the election) think he's doing a bang-up job on everything. 

In 1992 Bill Clinton won the presidency with 43% (and a reminder they were in the minority of Americans in the election).I guess that makes him an illegitimate president also.

Unemployment rate 3.6 in January.  New report estimates, from this crisis and at a minimum certain recession, 7.4M jobs lost from restaurant industry. Hotel industry loses a 1M+ in a few months with more thereafter.

3.6 + 2.5.....6.1%. That's the tip of the iceberg.

What's the over/under timeline when Mnuchin runs out of $1000 checks?

7 hours ago, TBR said:

Trump didn't directly call the coronavirus a hoax. He refered to Democratic criticism to his early response to the virus a hoax. Given the disconnection between Trump and the recommendations of the chief epidemiologist in his own administration,  it's not a stretch at all to say Trump's downplaying of the seriousness of the virus was unwarranted.  Splitting hairs between saying the significance of something is improperly minimized and calling it a hoax is also unjustified. 

Lol. The lengths some people will go to to avoid admitting they were wrong   Unbelievable.

image.gif.2fa735c6b5c7a96c88cb79a6a29f2686.gif

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Unemployment rate 3.6 in January.  New report estimates, from this crisis and at a minimum certain recession, 7.4M jobs lost from restaurant industry. Hotel industry loses a 1M+ in a few months with more thereafter.

3.6 + 2.5.....6.1%. That's the tip of the iceberg.

What's the over/under timeline when Mnuchin runs out of $1000 checks?

If he does run out and the group gathering restrictions are still in place, there will be some sort of revolt. Millions will be crippled financially during these 8 weeks. 

23 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Burgum goes from facts not fears to closing rest stops in record time.

Really? Bathrooms closing.

Worlds gone mad.

TP thieves. He wants to control civil unrest at those places.

This just in.....Depends sales are way up. Kimberly-Clark stock is in the buy now category.

• Upvote 1

Hey, we're all dependent on truckers to continue running their routes so we can continue stocking up on toilet paper.  Let's close all the facilities they use and shut down restaurants so they have nothing to eat.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

The lengths some will go to defend him considering how wrong he was on this is frightening.

Who had it right?  Biden?  The democrats?  Laughing at trump cutting off travel with China on feb 1st?  

Amazing how it doesn’t bother you at all to find out the main stream media has been lying to you over and over again, fanning the flames of fear, all in the name of tearing down the administration.  Consequences of over reacting to the virus be damned.  

NY Gov Cuomo just said the fear is more dangerous than the virus.  I couldn’t agree more. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

NY Gov Cuomo just said the fear is more dangerous than the virus.  I couldn’t agree more. 

CNN interviewed Cuomo the other night - you could actually see the disappointment on her face when Cuomo said that he had a good conversation with Trump regarding how things were going in New York.

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

CNN interviewed Cuomo the other night - you could actually see the disappointment on her face when Cuomo said that he had a good conversation with Trump regarding how things were going in New York.

It’s nice to hear federal and state officials setting differences aside and working together on this.  But that doesn’t fit the narrative of conflict and orangemanbad that cnn’s business model is based on. 

We have become a society where the loud minority is now more powerful than the silent majority. 

You guys can disregard conspiracy theories all you want but the fact is it doesn't take much these days to send our country into a complete tailspin. Other countries are well are of our political discord and climate.  

3 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Lol. The lengths some people will go to to avoid admitting they were wrong   Unbelievable.

image.gif.2fa735c6b5c7a96c88cb79a6a29f2686.gif

Show me where I've been wrong.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic