SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

52 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I want to offer a hearty thanks to Ira, Keikla and the others on here that are in the health care industry.

We rely on you to keep fighting the good fight.

Ok had to come back.

I have to third this. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate everyone that works in healthcare and for sharing your insight here. You are amazing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

2 positive Covid-19 in Bismarck, making 5 in ND

50+ male

20+ female

Both history of domestic travels from hot spot areas

5 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Good info- so case growth is similar, but death rate is very different.  Coronavirus deaths tracking same slope as infections where H1N1 was a very different slope on death.  This chart would indicate a lethality far greater than the overall % being described broadly.

No !@#$ sherlock. That's exactly what people have been trying to break the partisan barrier about for the last five days or so. SMH

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

It's illegal to go over to your buddies place in San Francisco.

Right! Anyone find it ironic that THAT is now illegal in that cesspool.

Guess that reduces one's risk of stepping on a needle or a pile of feces.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right! Anyone find it ironic that THAT is now illegal in that cesspool. Guess you reduce you risk stepping on a needle nor a pile of feces.

What percentage of San Francisco residents do you think leave needles in the street, or defecate in the street? Yet you generalize and call the entire metro area a cesspool? Keep it classy North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, keikla said:

Also, while I understand it here, I think they're majorly jumping the gun for you guys.  Unless you have a !@#$ ton of cases that I'm not aware of.  Those sort of cancellations didn't start happening here until early this week, and we're notably ahead of you in terms of community spread.

Agree

3 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

What percentage of San Francisco residents do you think leave needles in the street, or defecate in the street? Yet you generalize and call the entire metro area a cesspool? Keep it classy North Dakota.

We will.

#legendary

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Since we're "flattening the curve," thus prolonging how long the virus will be around.

This will last a lot longer than other pandemics.

Calls are already being made not to open schools in the fall.

Then the "regular" flu season hits........are our kids ever going back to class with their peers? 

I watched CNN tonight and got an expert lesson in Fear Mongering 101.  It was amazing.  Anyone who watched that show and the "expert" they had on should be convinced that the minimum number of deaths in the U.S. will be "hundreds of thousands, if not millions" and the administration should have been more like Hong Kong in their reaction.  

The entire show all negative, all doomsday.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Enough that the city has a designated a poop patrol.

Enough that virtually everyone knows it's a major problem in SF that many articles are written about it.

People are pooping more than ever on the streets of San Francisco

It's pretty much in areas that you wouldn't want to visit anyways.  I visit regularly and have only encountered it in/near the Tenderloin and parts of downtown.

Also, a good amount of the homeless on the west coast are vets from working class families in the Midwest/south who were lazily prescribed opiates by the VA to deal with the gift that keeps giving. Support our troops.....until their PTSD gets the best of them.

I get the politics in this thread - does show some true colors.    But, I don't get the plan ???
Something about this fast spreading Covid-19 just doesn't make sense. Can it really be all about to flatten the curve in turn for a longer torture, or will many die?
Governments making such a BIG deal of this virus along with putting the economies of the world at risk, like something really big isn't being told here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I watched CNN tonight and got an expert lesson in Fear Mongering 101.  It was amazing.  Anyone who watched that show and the "expert" they had on should be convinced that the minimum number of deaths in the U.S. will be "hundreds of thousands, if not millions" and the administration should have been more like Hong Kong in their reaction.  

The entire show all negative, all doomsday.  

That’s where the panic and misinformation posted online originates.  I just read an article posted today that again mentioned ‘Trump called the coronavirus a hoax.’   18 days after they deliberately misquoted him, they’re still pushing that lie, still pushing that narrative to lead people to think we’re all gonna die, all for the sake of maybe gaining a few votes.  Pathetic. 

50 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I get the politics in this thread - does show some true colors.    But, I don't get the plan ???
Something about this fast spreading Covid-19 just doesn't make sense. Can it really be all about to flatten the curve in turn for a longer torture, or will many die?
Governments making such a BIG deal of this virus along with putting the economies of the world a risk, like something really big isn't being told here.

If you go full tinfoil hat, there are corners of the internet that believe this is a bio weapon that leaked.  That it and other dangerous bio agents were stolen from a Canadian lab in Winnipeg and brought to a Wuhan lab.  

21 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

If you go full tinfoil hat, there are corners of the internet that believe this is a bio weapon that leaked.  That it and other dangerous bio agents were stolen from a Canadian lab in Winnipeg and brought to a Wuhan lab.  

Heard something like that as well.

9 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

No !@#$ sherlock. That's exactly what people have been trying to break the partisan barrier about for the last five days or so. SMH

There are many variables and partial pieces of information out there.  The entertainment media is not providing news.  The lethality as a whole is in question based on locations and demographics of those dying.  I was reacting to a particular chart comparing H1N1.  

It behooves us to question the narratives and to seek multiple sources of information and data in order to fully comprehend the situation.  

Your response is that of someone who is most certain they have all the answers.  I can assure you that in this case you do not and That you would do well to seek more info before passionately holding a position.  

Data and responses to this are extremely fluid.  With 100 cases nationwide (fatal cases)  and a disproportionate share impacting nursing homes, there is a lot to be discovered.  The lethality numbers look different, because the outset of the H1N1 was not centered around an assisted living facility in Kirkland, WA nor cruise ships.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Governments making such a BIG deal of this virus along with putting the economies of the world a risk, like something really big isn't being told here.

I’m not a huge conspiracy person by any means, but believing our government tells us the complete truth on anything is a fair statement to think about sometimes. Whether it’s this, other medical stuff, the economy, etc.

It feels like a real life game of Survivor with our government: “Outwit, Outlast, Outplay”. The truth is unfortunately somewhere in between the extremes. That’s just my opinion.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic