SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

20 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Listen to and stop demonizing this guy.  

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3703

Listening to health officials is important. Here's where it's important to understand what Fauci is and what he isn't. He isn't responsible for ANYTHING other than public health, so his advice has the narrowest of focus. His advice is to be considered as part of a wide breadth of knowledge that includes long term effect, economic factors, psychological factors etc. Fauci is in an easy position, all he has to say is nobody do anything even if it's extreme and draconian and he has fulfilled his duty as a health care professional, not as a representative who controls the final decision.

9 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

the actual 6% that had Covid of 200,000 and math guy here, that is 12K give er take. 

I’ll take my chances. 

Science can be wrong. Not math, not my math! Fact. 

You really think Covid has only killed 12,000 Americans?

No wonder ND is ranked so high in believing the conspiracy theories.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

the actual 6% that had Covid of 200,000 and math guy here, that is 12K give er take. 

I’ll take my chances. 

Science can be wrong. Not math, not my math! Fact. 

They all had Covid.     6% of deaths didn't have underlying conditions.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

ND leads the country in Covid cases per 100,000 residents.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

image.png.5f91153cd457c9abfa648467d1576d1c.png

Let's keep up with the carelessness and maybe we can stay atop. Don't be a close contact though Floppy or you may end up with a class b misdemeanor on your hands for staying wide open and not quarantining. Can we get another tantrum on how this is infringing on your precious civil liberties?

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/09/23/close-contacts-ordered-to-quarantine-too/

im gonna say this one more time for the cheap seats....POSITIVES DO NOT MEAN SICK, HOSPITALIZED, DEAD, OR EVEN SYMPTOMS....  what freaking number is gonna make you guys happy? zero?  because if its zero, that will never, i repeat, never, happen.  face it already, the only sure thing in life is that you dont get out of it alive.  been that way forever, and will be that way forever.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

They all had Covid.     The 6% were the deaths that didn't have any other underlying conditions.  

I understand how these numbers work and that most people in our country have underlying conditions. So the kickback on the 6% number coming out a month or so ago was overdone to an extent. But it does highlight an interesting point that merits discussion. How many people actually did die from Covid? Meaning that it played a role in their death. We all know that this number is something smaller than the growing total being reported in the media, but how much smaller? I'd like to know.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You really think Covid has only killed 12,000 Americans?

I haven't followed the "excess deaths", how many MORE people have died this year than have died in previous years. That is your answer for how many died right? Or is that simplifying it too much?

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I haven't followed the "excess deaths", how many MORE people have died this year than have died in previous years. That is your answer for how many died right? Or is that simplifying it too much?

I don’t know that answer but that would be nice to measure. Can you provide data that suggests deaths are equal or less to previous years?

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I understand how these numbers work and that most people in our country have underlying conditions. So the kickback on the 6% number coming out a month or so ago was overdone to an extent. But it does highlight an interesting point that merits discussion. How many people actually did die from Covid? Meaning that it played a role in their death. We all know that this number is something smaller than the growing total being reported in the media, but how much smaller? I'd like to know.

When the 6% stat excluded those that died with covid and pneumonia or covid and respiratory failure, it lost all credibility.

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I don’t know that answer but that would be nice to measure. Can you provide data that suggests deaths are equal or less to previous years?

I don't know either and the stats can be mind numbing to sift through. Let's simplify it, which may make it inaccurate, but for discussion's sake wouldn't it make sense to look at total deaths in 2020 and compare it to other years? As the baby boomers get older, we were already going to see an increase in death rate from projections I've seen. So that may complicate things, but shouldn't the number of deaths be much higher in a year that we're having an epidemic?

14 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Compared to the 3 previous years, excess deaths are already over 200,000 this year.  The number of deaths through July 2020 is 8 percent to 12 percent higher than it would have been if the coronavirus pandemic had never happened.

https://www.sciencealert.com/2020-has-killed-up-to-200-000-extra-people-in-the-us-so-far

This is because the will of all citizens in our country is not being reflected in the electoral college.  Again, the GOP steadfastly goes against the will of the people.  As usual. 

1 citizen.

1 vote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517926-gallup-61-percent-support-abolishing-the-electoral-college

Gallup: 61 percent support abolishing the Electoral College

Eighty-nine percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents support replacing the Electoral College system, while only 23 percent of Republicans favor moving to a popular vote system.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I don't know either and the stats can be mind numbing to sift through. Let's simplify it, which may make it inaccurate, but for discussion's sake wouldn't it make sense to look at total deaths in 2020 and compare it to other years? As the baby boomers get older, we were already going to see an increase in death rate from projections I've seen. So that may complicate things, but shouldn't the number of deaths be much higher in a year that we're having an epidemic?

UND Law beat me to it, we have seen 200,000 plus excess deaths already

9 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Excess deaths are already over 200,000.  The number of deaths through July 2020 is 8 percent to 12 percent higher than it would have been if the coronavirus pandemic had never happened.

https://www.sciencealert.com/2020-has-killed-up-to-200-000-extra-people-in-the-us-so-far

Not refuting your information, simply asking the question. How are they distinguishing these excess deaths, which in this article are attributed to Covid, with deaths that are occurring because people are avoiding necessary and in many cases life-saving medical treatments?(which I know from personal knowledge of medical facilities in my area is a very real reality, chemo, dialysis etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

This is because the will of all citizens in our country is not being reflected in the electoral college.  Again, the GOP steadfastly goes against the will of the people.  As usual. 

1 citizen.

1 vote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517926-gallup-61-percent-support-abolishing-the-electoral-college

Eighty-nine percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents support replacing the Electoral College system, while only 23 percent of Republicans favor moving to a popular vote system.

You can have a 100% of citizens of NY, CA and other east and west coast.  means nothing.  You need a majority in 38 states. 

It doesn't make death any less sad, but I think people overlook that once one enters a nursing home (where many of these deaths seem to be occuring) there are no sure things anymore.  It's an older study, but one that was pre-Covid.  50% of people that enter a nursing home don't make 6 months....and the average stay is about 13 months.  Puts dying because of Covid vs dying with Covid into perspective for that demographic.  

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/08/98172/social-support-key-nursing-home-length-stay-death#:~:text=The average age of participants,study died within six months.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

1 citizen.

1 vote.

Womp womp lol 

47 minutes ago, homer said:

Good for that guy.  I hope he was paying attention when Beto said “hell yes we will take your AR.”   I heard it and also heard Biden state Beto will help him on gun control.  

56 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

FB_IMG_1600979378792.jpg

“my” Social Security and Medicare.  

Yes, you paid for both of those yourself.  

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic