SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Fauci said yesterday we remain in the first wave since cases never declined significantly to a good baseline.

1918 cases broke out in the spring, then literally disappeared in the summer, and then an explosion of cases in the fall

EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Fauci said yesterday we remain in the first wave since cases never declined significantly to a good baseline.

1918 cases broke out in the spring, then literally disappeared in the summer, and then an explosion of cases in the fall

We better shut down businesses and school again then. We'll all be broke and living on the streets, but at least many people won't get a runny nose.

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Does this mean that the third wave isn't going to occur as previously scheduled?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

We better shut down businesses and school again then. We'll all be broke and living on the streets, but at least many people won't get a runny nose.

Herd immunity, right bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon?

You like to politicize science.  How narcissistic of you. 

Just now, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Don't include me in your we.

Ahhhh, here we have it. It doesn't affect you financially so screw everybody else right? I love to hear from the people who have lost NOTHING during this time on how badly this has affected them.

43 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we don't have an explosion. Talk about being perinoid.
I was using a comparison Fauci used, makeing the point we are in the first wave, not that there is going to be an explosion. 

Seems like you and your & Puttin's buddy want the EXPLOSION. Let her rip, right?

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Actually if you want to remember, they actively downplayed it and held news ... pr events in places like China town trying to make the President's travel restrictions look bad.

Zero plan just whatever is opposite of President Trump.

I agree on the D's plan is to do the opposite of Trump, but that's no different than Trump's literal agenda being the exact opposite of whatever Obama did, regardless of whether it was the right decision or not (some were, some weren't). Do you think the government's initial reaction is different if someone other than the Obama administration had put together the pandemic playbook that was completely disregarded?

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Nearly five months later, I stand by every word in this post. Especially the last paragraph. Real-time COVID stats serve no purpose whatsoever, except to divide.

No agrument that too many people have too much information they don't understand, but considering how people refuse to believe the actual experts who have a better understanding than the average person, what is your solution on who should have and be able to interpret that info?

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

In most years this wouldn't be much more than "there is a nasty crap or a nasty gunk" going around.  It would have gone through a majority of the population in the spring....like this stuff usually does.  Instead by taking this new political approach of trying to cure a virus, we have managed to only prolong it much like throwing log after log on a fire instead of just having one initial bonfire that would have burnt itself out.  

The fact that death totals have been well above the "excess death" threhold for almost 6 months (despite unprecendented steps taken) disagrees with this take. 

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Yes, herd immunity you science denying clown.

You aren't a scientist, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

You are a narcissistic cultist.

Scientists have stated it isn't a good idea.  But, your dear leader, Herr Twitler may want a lot of people to die..  He made sure our country leads the world.

But, that's all "fake news" to the feeble minded cult. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/who-warns-that-waiting-to-achieve-herd-immunity-to-the-coronavirus-will-kill-a-lot-of-people.html

WHO warns that waiting to achieve herd immunity to the coronavirus will kill a lot of people

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Another classic example of the media taking something that was not said and reporting it as if Trump did say it.

People, go to the actual video or audio of what Trump ACTUALLY said on the peaceful transfer of power and stop being manipulated by the media.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/elections/100000007359070/trump-refuses-to-commit-to-peaceful-transfer-of-power-after-election.html

Please, someone tell me what part of this is anywhere near what is being reported.

This drives me nuts.  The reporter asks an incredible stupid and condescending question.  Every part of the question would fall under the legal objections of assuming facts not in evidence, lack of relevance, and being argumentative.  It would be like a reporter asking Berry, "When you get swept by the gophers, will you peacefully leave the ice?"    I hope in that situation Berry would also give a flippant answer.

Then the left leaning media outlets spins it into something that simply didn't happen.    

This is all the children's story about crying wolf.  When everyone is a racist, no one is a racist.  We're so numb to the name calling and labeling that it has no impact anymore when it is actually warranted.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Correct. You should stick with your rants about a governor of a state of which you do not reside, and your creepy obsession for children and adolescent sports. I choose to remain neutral in these discussions, mostly because much of what’s said here is nonsensical and has pushed away those with expertise and helpful opinions, but also because of Hatch Act issues (regarding the political tug-of-war)...something Goon should be more concerned with too.

"Hatch Act"......wow. Goggle is a wonderful tool for the uneducated and ignorant. Thumbs up to you. 

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"Hatch Act"......wow. Goggle is a wonderful tool for the uneducated and ignorant. Thumbs up to you.

I know.

For example, I prefer medical professionals that studied the science of viruses and don't rely on right wing conspiracy theories they find online to guide their decisions. 

So, I guess we are in agreement.  

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

You aren't a scientist, bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

You are a narcissistic cultist.

Scientists have stated it isn't a good idea.  But, your dear leader, Herr Twitler may want a lot of people to die..  He made sure our country leads the world.

But, that's all "fake news" to the feeble minded cult. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/29/who-warns-that-waiting-to-achieve-herd-immunity-to-the-coronavirus-will-kill-a-lot-of-people.html

WHO warns that waiting to achieve herd immunity to the coronavirus will kill a lot of people

You don't even read the articles you post do you? They plainly state that herd immunity is necessary to get through this. They simply believe it needs to be done with a combination of natural cases and vaccination. So for now the best approach is to protect the vulnerable and let everybody else get it. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So for now the best approach is to protect the vulnerable and let everybody else get it. 

BS bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzon.

Wear masks.  Everyone

Social distance. Everyone.

Avoid large crowds, especially in buildings.  Everyone.

Wash your freaking hands.  Everyone. 

Do this now.  

Instead, we see the cult not doing most if not all of these protective measures, causing massive spikes in our country.  All due to the leadership of Herr Twitler.

Feel proud?  

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

Wear masks.  Everyone

Was your freaking hands.  Everyone. 

Do this now.  

Instead, we see the cult not doing most if not all of these protective measures, causing massive spikes in our country.  All due to the leadership of Herr Twitler.

Feel proud?  

well you got 1 out of 4 correct......

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

Wear masks.  Everyone

Do this now.  

Feel proud?  

The article you posted disagrees with you. He plainly states we will never be completely rid of this and we will need to achieve herd immunity at some point. People who aren't vulnerable to this virus should be doing the opposite of what you say. Why post an article if you are planning to disagree with it?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Wear masks.  Everyone

Do this now.  

Feel proud?  

I actually know plenty of people who will likely vote for Biden that have kids in school and playing sports.  They even attend their sporting events with their children’s grandparents.   I don’t feel it makes them bad and being in public certainly doesn’t make them Trump supporters.  Heck, they aren’t even wearing masks. 

• Upvote 2