SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Not scared just aware. Settle down everything’s going to be ok.

You are finally figuring it out?  Yes, relax and everything will be ok.  Don't need shutdowns.....masks (aka security blankets)....etc.  Kids are back in school and not dropping like flies.  Sports are even being played.   So what were you so scared of?  

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Hopefully they mostly confine the rate increases to the Minneapolis metro area to recoup their losses.  The "woke" people should be allowed to experience all facets of what their actions can lead to.  

This didn't take long. I am not sure anyone thought this wouldn't happen. Less police by defunding, or moving moneys to other area =  more crime. 

Minneapolis City Council alarmed by crime surge after defunding police

Minneapolis City Council members, who just two months ago moved to eliminate the police department, sounded the alarm during a Wednesday meeting about a surge in crime seen by their constituents.

Council members pressed Police Chief Medaria Arradondo about the uptick in crimes that included daylight carjackings, robberies, assaults, shootings and street racing.

“Residents are asking, ‘Where are the police?’” said Council Member Jamal Osman, noting that constituents’ calls to the Minneapolis Police Department have gone unanswered. “That is the only public safety option they have at the moment. MPD. They rely on MPD. And they are saying they are nowhere to be seen.”

1 minute ago, Goon said:

This didn't take long. I am not sure anyone thought this wouldn't happen. Less police by defunding, or moving moneys to other area =  more crime. 

Minneapolis City Council alarmed by crime surge after defunding police

I thought the BLM crowd wanted the job of protecting Minneapolis?  Reminds me of the coworker that b*tches and moans all day about how the job sucks but is never willing to put his money where his mouth is and switch jobs.  

1 hour ago, mikejm said:

Our present fossil fuels are heavily subsidized, too.

"Conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year; with 20 percent currently allocated to coal and 80 percent to natural gas and crude oil. European Union subsidies are estimated to total 55 billion euros annually."
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjaqeH8zvDrAhXPKs0KHaYjAykQFjACegQIDBAG&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eesi.org%2Fpapers%2Fview%2Ffact-sheet-fossil-fuel-subsidies-a-closer-look-at-tax-breaks-and-societal-costs&usg=AOvVaw19hoVerhdeT2ikCdjE4CH6

You want to bet if we cut all subsidies who will be left standing?  It won't be the color green.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So they had 22 cases June 30 and a month later said there were over 80 cases.  Are you saying there were no additional cases a month later?

They don't want to comment because they've been blaming bars and restaurants for spread when, with 80 cases out of 20,000, that's not the case.

If I read correctly.  They misstated the 80 VS the 22 on June 30.  New reporter questioned the 80+ a month later.

For Antifa deniers like Jerald Nadler

FBI Director Wray: 'Antifa is a real thing,' FBI has cases against people identifying with movement

FBI Director Chris Wray made clear that Antifa is not a made-up, right-wing conspiracy theory and that the FBI has cases involving those connected to it.

Appearing at a House Homeland Security Committee hearing Thursday, Wray explained that while Antifa is not an organization in the traditional sense, it is a movement and there have been suspects who claimed to be a part of it.

"Antifa is a real thing. It's not a group or an organization. It's a movement, or an ideology may be one way of thinking of it," Wray said. "And we have quite a number -- and I've said this quite consistently since my first time appearing before this committee -- we have any number of properly predicated investigations into what we would describe as violent anarchist extremists and some of those individuals self-identify with Antifa."

1 hour ago, mikejm said:

Our present fossil fuels are heavily subsidized, too.

"Conservative estimates put U.S. direct subsidies to the fossil fuel industry at roughly $20 billion per year; with 20 percent currently allocated to coal and 80 percent to natural gas and crude oil. European Union subsidies are estimated to total 55 billion euros annually."
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjaqeH8zvDrAhXPKs0KHaYjAykQFjACegQIDBAG&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eesi.org%2Fpapers%2Fview%2Ffact-sheet-fossil-fuel-subsidies-a-closer-look-at-tax-breaks-and-societal-costs&usg=AOvVaw19hoVerhdeT2ikCdjE4CH6

Should a business not be allowed to deduct the cost of production from the revenue to determine its profit?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

If I read correctly.  They misstated the 80 VS the 22 on June 30.  New reporter questioned the 80+ a month later.

Ignore junior and whatever that blog was.  The actual Fox coverage (still questionable, as is all news) only talks about a cover-up and hiding of info.

16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Ignore junior and whatever that blog was.  The actual Fox coverage (still questionable, as is all news) only talks about a cover-up and hiding of info.

I wasn't referring to just I was following the email chain the reporter had.

UH Oh. 

Leaked 2016 Call Reveals Joe Biden Risked National Security To Sabotage Trump

A recently leaked phone call between then-Vice President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko directly after the 2016 presidential election shows that Biden sought to sabotage the incoming Trump administration before Donald Trump even took office, and much worse.

During the course of the call, Biden badmouthed the incoming administration, saying, “The truth of the matter is that the incoming administration doesn’t know a great deal about [Ukraine]” and that they were unprepared for the transition. This in itself is inappropriate, but it was meant to set the stage for Biden’s next statement and future plans.

Biden then told Poroshenko, “I don’t plan on going away. As a private citizen, I plan on staying deeply engaged in the endeavor that you have begun and we have begun.” In a matter of moments, Biden undermined the incoming administration, branded them as not knowing anything about Ukraine, and attempted to set up a foreign policy backchannel for himself after he left office as a private citizen, which could violate the Logan Act.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2020 at 12:51 PM, Hayduke1 said:

Twitler at his "best".

But the cult doesn't care.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/16/trump-doctored-video-joe-biden-twitter-415863

Trump shares doctored video of Biden with ‘manipulated media’ Twitter tag

The social media platform has taken a more aggressive approach in recent months to countering misleading posts by the president.

Like tweeting misleading videos of their own.  Face it, both sides do it   

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ap-fact-check-biden-distorts-174922754.html

On 9/16/2020 at 2:48 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Why doesn't the left enact their ideas at the state level in the states they control? Why does it need to be federally imposed on the rest of the country? 

Even if the US goes 100% green will it be enough when many other countries are failing to meet the Paris Climate agreement levels? It will just make our country even less competitive while China continues to pollute the world...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Because it would be too efficient, too economical, and too reliable. 

There would be nothing for the radicals to complain about.......

The

Are nuclear plants really that economical? They keep shutting them down across the country citing it is too expensive to keep them running. When you research renewables they are supposedly multiples cheaper than nuclear plants. Something isn’t adding up right. I know there are new mini nuke plants that have been proposed but do we know that they are cheaper than wind and solar?

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Even if the US goes 100% green will it be enough when many other countries are failing to meet the Paris Climate agreement levels? It will just make our country even less competitive while China continues to pollute the world...

Did you mean to mean to quote my post?  

21 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Are nuclear plants really that economical? They keep shutting them down across the country citing it is too expensive to keep them running. When you research renewables they are supposedly multiples cheaper than nuclear plants. Something isn’t adding up right. I know there are new mini nuke plants that have been proposed but do we know that they are cheaper than wind and solar?

My understanding is most of the cost is in navigating the red tape. 

22 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

We out the direct government subsidies both plants (wind) in Fargo and GF would shutdown.

• Upvote 1

In north Minneapolis, a 17 year old (whose life matters, Inc.) is shot dead
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8743623/Campaign-staffer-17-Ilhan-Omars-Republican-opponent-shot-killed-Minneapolis.html 

And the Minneapolis City Council wonders ... where are the cops (after they defunded them). 
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/09/15/with-violent-crime-on-the-rise-in-mpls-city-council-asks-where-are-the-police 

The Onion couldn't do a better job. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:
45 minutes ago, homer said:

Minnesota is in play for Trump.  

I don’t see it flipping... outstate will really have to vote out in record numbers. Possible, but odds are against.  Will have to see what the October surprise is!