SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

And now, North and South Dakota lead the nation in Covid-19 outbreaks per capita. 

Look what your ruling could do to the USA, oh great Chief Justice of the Soopreme Court of the internets. 

You should have stuck to crappy college hockey columns. 

Maybe you should stick to wearing your Snuggie  eating s’mores and acting brave as an internet warrior in your mother’s basement. 

58 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You just spelled it out.
Authority --> Justification --> Mandate --> And they'd have to make their argument because there's nothing on the books. 

At this point, it must be noted that if they have to make a legal argument for it, they don't presently have authority to mandate. 

Because there's no past precedence for something ('nothing on the books') doesn't mean something is illegal.  A legal argument only needs to be made in court if challenged.  I mean Trump could issue a mask mandate tomorrow, the Dems would certainly legally agree with such.  Boom, instant mask mandate.  There you go.         

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 1972 said:

see, its repeating stuff like this that makes you look stupid...positives do NOT mean hospitilization or for that matter, sick.   we have more positives because we tested a record 10k+ people, witch, in it self, means nothing!

Hospitalizations and deaths are what matters. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Goon said:

The Governor that Isn’t interested in your mask mandate could turn around and tell you to pound sand up your ass. What are you going to do to him or her?

South Dakota Governor  Christie Noem didn’t shut down South Dakota and the Democrats had a stroke. 

Good.  I think mask mandates should be a state decision.  

43 minutes ago, 1972 said:

see, its repeating stuff like this that makes you look stupid...positives do NOT mean hospitilization or for that matter, sick.   we have more positives because we tested a record 10k+ people, witch, in it self, means nothing!

No.  Saying things like this actually makes you look stupid. 

But, you get a pass here because you are a cultist.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

In the game of pin the tail on a moving donkey the CDC reverses course (for the 19th time) to recommended anyone in close contact with someone of documented Covid positive status needs to get tested even if the close contact individual is asymptomatic. 

#pickaf***inglane

#noendgameinsight

It's almost like the revision from a few weeks ago came from somewhere outside the CDC and was put in place despite some controversy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/09/17/report-controversial-cdc-guidelines-discouraging-covid-19-testing-were-imposed-on-agency-by-hhs-and-white-house/

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It's almost like the revision from a few weeks ago came from somewhere outside the CDC and was put in place despite some controversy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/09/17/report-controversial-cdc-guidelines-discouraging-covid-19-testing-were-imposed-on-agency-by-hhs-and-white-house/

Could be.........kind of like Redfield  suggesting masks will still be more efficacious than a vaccine when it becomes available.

A positive test means that the criteria defined by the testing protocol have been satisfied. Nothing more, nothing less.

Things a positive, qualitative test does NOT mean:

- correlation with sickness

- correlation with any particular symptom

- correlation with infectiousness/contagiousness

- whether one is on the up-swing, peak, or down-swing of infection

- depending on sensitivity, whether there is any active infection present at all

- depending on specificity, whether a particular organism is present

- location, manner, or time of transmission

- infallibility (the test, methodology, and human participants can each introduce error)

- controls were properly followed

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

A positive test means that the criteria defined by the testing protocol have been satisfied. Nothing more, nothing less.

Things a positive, qualitative test does NOT mean:

- correlation with sickness

- correlation with any particular symptom

- correlation with infectiousness/contagiousness

- whether one is on the up-swing, peak, or down-swing of infection

- depending on sensitivity, whether there is any active infection present at all

- depending on specificity, whether a particular organism is present

- location, manner, or time of transmission

- infallibility (the test, methodology, and human participants can each introduce error)

- controls were properly followed

exactly, its a snapshot in time...thats it

53 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Because there's no past precedence for something ('nothing on the books') doesn't mean something is illegal.  A legal argument only needs to be made in court if challenged.  I mean Trump could issue a mask mandate tomorrow, the Dems would certainly legally agree with such.  Boom, instant mask mandate.  There you go.         

But because there's no past precedence for something ('nothing on the books') doesn't mean something is legal either. 

What you're saying is we'd be in uncharted waters with no precedence. 

Was a kid that was sick and tested  positive. He went back to school yesterday. Friends in "close contact". Quarantined. All those kids tested negative after 7 days. All asymptomatic the whole quarantine. First day back to school for them.....Monday. 

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup....time for another lockdown?

That's not what I said.  I was against the first lockdown and I doubt ND will lock down again in the next 30 years.  But pretending ND isn't going through a little surge right now isn't going to help keep it contained.

41 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

If only Trump supporters felt the same as it pertains to the wall.  

"The Wall" is a foreign relations matter (the wall would go up between Arizona and sovereign Mexico, not Arizona and California).

Foreign relations is Constitutionally (Article II) the Federal domain. 

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

That's not what I said.  I was against the first lockdown and I doubt ND will lock down again in the next 30 years.  But pretending ND isn't going through a little surge right now isn't going to help keep it contained.

But a surge in what?  Illness, or testing?  Reporting positives and comparing to other locations (e.g., per 100k population) is meaningless if the other locations aren't testing at comparable levels.  I'd put ND's numbers against anyone's so long as we're all willing to have a full and honest assessment with all cards on the table.

Soundbite journalism is going to be the death of us all.

• Upvote 2