SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

38 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It will be closer than some think... but I think MN Stays Blue

In '24....  I think it finally flips.

Be interesting to see who runs in '22 for Governor, AG, and the other senate seat. 

Minnesota will also lose a house seat to Colorado post census. 

Several former aides from the current administration have been coming forward for Biden.    This is just another of many aides and associates.

Ignore it or dismiss it, that's fine.  The Trump base probably wont shrink, but it also won't grow.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/former-pence-aide-coronvirus-task-force-slams-trump/index.html

Olivia Troye, who was a homeland security adviser to Pence and his lead staffer on the White House's coronavirus task force, charged in the two-minute video that Trump failed to protect the American public because he only cared about himself and getting reelected. Troye's criticism is particularly striking because of her role working on the coronavirus task force, which Pence leads.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/politics/us-election-biden-gop-endorsements/index.html

Joe Biden is attracting more crossover endorsements from prominent members of the opposing party than any other presidential candidate from either side in decades. That doesn't guarantee the former vice president victory in November, but history suggests it could signal a lasting break in the Republican coalition that provides new opportunities to Democrats for years to come.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Now Walz has two new benchmarks he's going to follow before ending his MN COVID emergency......positivity rate and % of "infections" from community spread. Both of which are at best educated guesses based on how the MDH handles testing, data and metrics. I thought it was just 14 days to flatten the curve. Then I thought it was deaths and hospitalizations. Then it was some dumba## dial system. Now it's another obscure set of benchmarks. He spent millions on a refrigeration warehouse for his 74000 death count model. He watched downtown Minneapolis burn and turn into a mini lawless 3rd world country. Glad I'm not a resident of MN under the "leadership' of that clown who's only objective is moving the Covid goalposts so his executive power stays in tact.

I agree, Walz is a circus clown, he keeps moving the goal post around. 

Six months after issuing the emergency order, Walz said he is looking for declines in both the positivity rate of COVID-19 diagnostic testing and the rate of infections that can't be traced to community sources.

"If we could get community spread under 20%, and we could get the test positivity rate under 4, you've got a really good chance of doing most things," Walz said in an interview at the half-year milepost of his pandemic response.

As of Thursday, the rate of cases from unknown community transmission was 35%, an indicator that the virus is spreading beyond the state's ability to track it. The positivity rate was 4.8%, an improvement from 6% late last month.

• Upvote 2

Remember when Trump said “slow the testing down” and the CDC agreed; then Trump lauded them for it?  

Controversial CDC Guidelines Discouraging Covid-19 Testing Were Imposed On Agency By HHS And White House

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/09/17/report-controversial-cdc-guidelines-discouraging-covid-19-testing-were-imposed-on-agency-by-hhs-and-white-house/#fd9778831077

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Remember when Trump said “slow the testing down” and the CDC agreed; then Trump lauded them for it?  

Controversial CDC Guidelines Discouraging Covid-19 Testing Were Imposed On Agency By HHS And White House

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2020/09/17/report-controversial-cdc-guidelines-discouraging-covid-19-testing-were-imposed-on-agency-by-hhs-and-white-house/#fd9778831077

Remember when the Obama administration decided to just stop testing all together for H1N1?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

does it makes sense to you to get tested for something that you have zero symptoms?

"hello doctor I think i might have the Ebola virus...can i get a test?"

• Upvote 1

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

Remember when Trump said “slow the testing down” and the CDC agreed; then Trump lauded them for it?   Hmmm....

I wonder who the minister of propaganda was in Twitler's inner circle? 

You know the cult will find some bizarre talking point to discount this. Wonder what they will choose?

A.  All administrations prior to Twitler's did this.

B.  They wanted to make sure the message was accurate and/or clear.

C.  So what?  Why would this even matter?

D.  CDC didn't have the time or resources to give any messaging. 

I'll get some popcorn and wait.  They are getting more creative in their lies. Maybe they will surprise us with something new!

Why do some believe we have a deity-monarch? 

The President of the United States has no god-like power.
And they are not a monarch as they are not there for life (contrary to an theories attributed to Misters Obama or Trump). 

The President can not waive a scepter, preach an incantation, and make a virus go away.

Yet some believe they can. 
Mr. Obama couldn't; Mr. Trump couldn't. 

The President is a human, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why do some believe we have a deity-monarch? 

The President of the United States has no god-like power.
And they are not a monarch as they are not there for life (contrary to an theories attributed to Misters Obama or Trump). 

The President can not waive a scepter, preach an incantation, and make a virus go away.

Yet some believe they can. 
Mr. Obama couldn't; Mr. Trump couldn't. 

The President is a human, nothing more, nothing less. 

Ah, this falls under the "so what" category.  

But, special consideration for the prior administrations category.

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

does it makes sense to you to get tested for something that you have zero symptoms?

"hello doctor I think i might have the Ebola virus...can i get a test?"

You can carry Covid despite having no symptoms.   It's prudent to be regularly tested if you're in regular contact with 60+ year olds.    But, for obvious reasons, this Admin doesn't want this.  They want lower Covid numbers.    

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You can carry Covid despite having no symptoms.   It's prudent to be regularly tested if you're in regular contact with 60+ year olds.    But, for obvious reasons, this Admin doesn't want this.  They want lower Covid numbers.    

maybe don't have close indoor close contact with 60 year old and maybe the rest of the world can get back to living???? just a thought?

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm saying quit expecting Presidents to do things that are clearly beyond their human control. 

Exactly, Biden actually thinks presidents can control a virus. It’s not possible. 

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

Exactly, Biden actually thinks presidents can control a virus. It’s not possible. 

He didn't say that presidents can control a virus.  He also didn't say that nobody would have died if he would have been president 

He did say that setting mask requirements, social distancing and closing of businesses early in this pandemic would have slowed the spread of the virus and lessened fatalities, probably by quite a bit.

But, go ahead and deny all of this.  In spite of data proving otherwise.  Remain willfully ignorant and play with your water cannons or write gibberish on college hockey. That seems to make you happy.

• Upvote 1