SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I've already told you, I'd like to see the anti-ppe rhetoric come to an end. I believe it's dangerous and will cause covid to kill more people than it otherwise would. Unfortunately people are either too selfish or maybe just too stupid, so it will never end as many tie this rhetoric in with their political beliefs. There wouldn't need to be a mandate if people would just do the right thing and wear them.

Ok so if someone could snap their fingers and everyone, everywhere would be wearing a mask, would you be in favor of eliminating all restrictions on schools and businesses and letting people fight to get their lives back?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Are you insinuating that jars of peanut butter are spewing peanut droplets into the air?

if you walk through the peanut butter aisle in the grocery store with a peanut allergy, is it the stores fault or yours?

48 minutes ago, krustyklown said:

Both extremes need to come back to the middle and shut their respective mouths.

The whole country needs to come back to the middle.

Alternatively, there should be a 3rd party that is between the 2 current extremes.

13 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

People at risk should be wearing masks or better yet staying home! If they get infected it’s their own fault! 

You realize the percentage of our population at risk right? Obese, diabetes, asthma, cancer, age alone, and so on. How do all those at risk get the medical care, food, and needed supplies?

And you do realize you wear a mask to protect me and I wear a mask to protect you right?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Ok so if someone could snap their fingers and everyone, everywhere would be wearing a mask, would you be in favor of eliminating all restrictions on schools and businesses and letting people fight to get their lives back?

Sure. I'm in ND where there really are no restrictions that you speak of anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Sure. I'm in ND where there really are no restrictions that you speak of anyways. 

Well, here in Minnesota we have had a mask restriction for two weeks and schools still can’t open. So, as much as I appreciate your reasonable approach to the give and take of risk here, officials around the country don’t share your approach.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

if you walk through the peanut butter aisle in the grocery store with a peanut allergy, is it the stores fault or yours?

Can you have a reaction to airborne peanut butter from sealed containers? Never heard of that but maybe it's a thing?

Can you have a reaction to airborne peanut butter from sealed containers? Never heard of that but maybe it's a thing?

That wasn’t your argument. Your point is immunocompromised people need the rest of us to look out for them, I say they need to do what they need to to protect themselves. We can’t all shut down our lives to protect them like we have with covid.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Mask mandates will have zero to a negative reault.

I cant stand the hypocrisy in people screaming "Wear masks, its proven science they work"

Those same people are unwilling to engage in the reality that scientifically THERE ARE SPECIFIC AND NECCESSARY PROCEDURES that MUST be followed for mask to be effective.

As a scientist itbis impossible to ignor these.   99.9% of the masks ive saw people wearing are worthless, not "helps some" WORTHLESS. 

Doctorsb ont slap their masks on and off between surgeries, slop it into the cup holder, slap it back on, touch all the stuff is stores, door handles, credit card machines, grap their masks to takenoff, put it on, sit down and toss out a grumpy, touch their mask again, and then think it makes a difference.

The real study needs to be taking cultures from the inside and outside of the mask.....

Literally probably better off just licking people's faces as a greeting.

You realize that you are wrong. As far as I know there's one doctor in this thread, and he recently admitted that masks help.

If you slap your mask on after its been in your cup holder with unwashed hands and never wash your mask, that's your problem, not mine. Your mask will still prevent some droplets from hitting the air. 

The anti-mask rhetoric is only continuing to hurt us as a country, but keep it up, I'll do my best to avoid you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

That wasn’t your argument. Your point is immunocompromised people need the rest of us to look out for them, I say they need to do what they need to to protect themselves. We can’t all shut down our lives to protect them like we have with covid.

That was my argument maybe you misunderstood me? We do need to look out for others, that's the point of wearing a mask. If we had an unlimited supply of N95's we could wear masks to protect ourselves. Unfortunately that isn't the case, you wear a mask to protect others from what you might be carrying. No one's lives are being shut down by wearing a mask.

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You realize that you are wrong. As far as I know there's one doctor in this thread, and he recently admitted that masks help.

If you slap your mask on after its been in your cup holder with unwashed hands and never wash your mask, that's your problem, not mine. Your mask will still prevent some droplets from hitting the air. 

The anti-mask rhetoric is only continuing to hurt us as a country, but keep it up, I'll do my best to avoid you.

You also realize that nearly everyone wearing a mask uses it exactly in the way he described.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

That was my argument maybe you misunderstood me? We do need to look out for others, that's the point of wearing a mask. If we had an unlimited supply of N95's we could wear masks to protect ourselves. Unfortunately that isn't the case, you wear a mask to protect others from what you might be carrying. No one's lives are being shut down by wearing a mask.

You’re all over the map. Are you not seeing what life is like for people outside of north dakota? I had four friends file for bankruptcy in June, my son can’t go to school in the fall, my business took a massive hit that it will likely never recover from. Peoples lives are absolutely being shut down. Dying and/or having a loved on die, though awful, isn’t the only awful thing that a person has to endure.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You also realize that nearly everyone wearing a mask uses it exactly in the way he described.

So take some responsibility and learn how to safely handle your mask. If someone ends up with a bacterial infection from their mask, really, that's on them.

With that said I'll take someone's side  who tries to wear a mask over another's who is spewing anti-mask rhetoric and attempting to get less people wearing masks any day. 

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You’re all over the map. Are you not seeing what life is like for people outside of north dakota? I had four friends file for bankruptcy in June, my son can’t go to school in the fall, my business took a massive hit that it will likely never recover from. Peoples lives are absolutely being shut down. Dying and/or having a loved on die, though awful, isn’t the only awful thing that a person has to endure.

It sucks I know. You do realize that proper PPE use could go a long ways into lessening the pain on businesses and getting kids back to school in some fashion. It's not just the restrictions limiting businesses. Many people don't want to go dine out, go to the gym, or go back to face to face school because they do not feel safe. The anti-mask rhetoric will only fuel the fire for things to go further downhill.

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So take some responsibility and learn how to safely handle your mask. If someone ends up with a bacterial infection from their mask, really, that's on them.

With that said I'll take someone's side  who tries to wear a mask over another's who is spewing anti-mask rhetoric and attempting to get less people wearing masks any day. 

I’m fine with handling my masks. I deal with people in my business daily who are forced to wear one and trust me, the masks they wear and how they wear them aren’t helping anyone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

I’m fine with handling my masks. I deal with people in my business daily who are forced to wear one and trust me, the masks they wear and how they wear them aren’t helping anyone.

At least they are trying, if even a little, to do the right thing? I'd like to see better but based on where we are right now, I'll take it.

At least they aren't going onto facebook spouting that there is no medical evidence to support mask use and claiming masks infringe on their civil liberties.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

You realize the percentage of our population at risk right? Obese, diabetes, asthma, cancer, age alone, and so on. How do all those at risk get the medical care, food, and needed supplies?

And you do realize you wear a mask to protect me and I wear a mask to protect you right?

I chose to not go to any bar or restaurant for the last 4 months. I also choose to pick up my groceries instead of going into the store. You don’t need to go into any of those places to get the supplies you need.

i chose to play it safe and anyone who hasn’t is rolling the dice on their safety.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I chose to not go to any bar or restaurant for the last 4 months. I also choose to pick up my groceries instead of going into the store. You don’t need to go into any of those places to get the supplies you need.

i chose to play it safe and anyone who hasn’t is rolling the dice on their safety.

As have many, which has likely helped slow the spread. Of course there are things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones. But people still need to work and not everyone has the opportunity to work remotely at home. And there will be times you will need to breathe the same air as others, it's unavoidable. This is where masks are important and I count on you to protect me by wearing a mask,  just like you count on me to protect you by me wearing one.

May I ask, did you previously go to any bars or dine in facilities? How about the gym?

42 minutes ago, Goon said:

Some one posted this on Twitter. Maybe @Oxbow6 can tell us if this is about right. 

1465BCC5-12B2-47E2-8DDF-56290261C5A5.jpeg

"Chance of not dying from covid" should read "chance you have not yet died from covid"

Didn't verify the numbers but if it's from someone you are following on twitter i'd venture to guess it's un-reliable.

• Upvote 1

"Chance of not dying from covid" should read "chance you have not yet died from covid"

Didn't verify the numbers but if it's from someone you are following on twitter i'd venture to guess it's un-reliable.

It said CDC and the percentages are similar to what others have posted in here. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Redneksioux said:

People need to remember it goes both ways. Is an immunocompromised individual’s civil liberties being infringed upon if they or their family members cannot safely go out in public because no one is wearing masks? Or is requiring mask use infringing on your civil liberty to go in public without one?

There’s a simple solution and we all know it’s coming, I just don’t see the benefit in delaying it. It will fix this argument as a whole. It’s a mask mandate.

I am not responsible for immunocompromised individuals.  Why should I be required to change my behavior to accommodate them???  Notice the word required?   People with issues are responsible for keeping themselves safe. Just as I am.

ps I dont know how this meme got attached?????

image005.png

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic