SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

22 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

It is a twisted kind of logic, isn't it? 

Lol

Shows that frail/elderly/already sick people are vast majority that are affected. 

Unfortunately for you, real logic does seem twisted to you. 

Just now, Redneksioux said:

What percentage of covid deaths are 80 plus in mn? 

We are talking nursing homes so inevitably some of those are over 80.  Don't change the subject though, if masks work why have nursing homes been hit so hard with the high level of mask compliance they have there? (And those are real masks....not cut off tshirt sleeves).

3 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

We are talking nursing homes so inevitably some of those are over 80.  Don't change the subject though, if masks work why have nursing homes been hit so hard with the high level of mask compliance they have there? (And those are real masks....not cut off tshirt sleeves).

Throw in the fact 16% of all positives in ND are healthcare workers.

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Walz lost me when he ordered the third precinct to be abandoned. What do do with schools, I don’t have the answer.

If masks are as effective and are "proven to work" to the extent as some here and national experts claim reopening  schools should be a no brainer.

Totally with you on your first comment.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

You apparently have problems with keeping up on things.

The South lost the Civil War in case you weren't sure.

Nope, I’m keeping up.  Just wanted to be sure that you are perfectly fine with a leader changing their opinion on mask effectiveness from early on until now.  

Now that we have established that.  You should also be good with a person being perfectly fine to go to school, a restaurant or vote in person if they wear a mask.  No reason to lock things down further since “the experts” say masks are the answer.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Well my September wedding might look a little weird with masks (at least the reception will be)

oh well. 

It will more than likely be the most questionable decision you have ever made to even do it in the first place so dont worry about it.  (from a married man)

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

It will more then likely be the most questionable decision you have ever made to even do it in the first place so dont worry about it.  (from a married man)

My dad tried to warn me for many years.

I just didn't listen... lol!

• Like 1

A hospitalized patient in OH was tested 15 times over the hospital stay. Each day a positive test came back on this individual it was added to the daily "positive test" numbers.

Yesterday over half of people in ND tested who were tested before. Not sure why. If someone tested positive Friday in Bismarck, retested positive again yesterday is he/she add back in the new daily positive cases? Be interesting to know. 

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A hospitalized patient in OH was tested 15 times over the hospital stay. Each day a positive test came back on this individual it was added to the daily "positive test" numbers.

Yesterday over half of people in ND tested who were tested before. Not sure why. If someone tested positive Friday in Bismarck, retested positive again yesterday is he/she add back in the new daily positive cases? Be interesting to know. 

https://www.health.nd.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/north-dakota-coronavirus-cases

Positive Cases: Number of unique individuals who test positive for COVID-19 from state and private labs.

According to the ND DOH website, no.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So over half of all tests performed in ND have been on individuals that had been already tested.

If I were to take a guess, yes. I know most long term care facilities in GF are testing at least weekly. Higher risk units up to twice/week right now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

If I were to take a guess, yes. I know most long term care facilities in GF are testing at least weekly. Higher risk units up to twice/week right now.

So given that, do you understand why people are frustrated with representatives and the media touting increased cases as a problem and a reason to keep restrictions in place?

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

It's the one place where mask wearing has been 100% compliant, or at least closest to it.  

Shouldn't have been any deaths or at least a very low number of masks work.  

Obviously masks alone aren't the answer.

You realize there are some long term care facilities that are doing very well right? The one I know of doing exceptionally well has implemented PPE guidelines(including masks obviously), social distancing, limiting visitors, weekly testing, and the employees are taking an oath to be responsible. I don't think it would be possible to be an anti-masker and take this oath honestly.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So given that, do you understand why people are frustrated with representatives and the media touting increased cases as a problem and a reason to keep restrictions in place?

"We need to shut down for a bit. Start testing!" (understandable)

"We need to do more tests!" (understandable)

< US begins testing at higher and higher numbers >  "WE HAVE SO MANY POSITIVE TESTS! WE NEED TO SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN AGAIN." (unreasonable logic)

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, homer said:

Nope, I’m keeping up.  Just wanted to be sure that you are perfectly fine with a leader changing their opinion on mask effectiveness from early on until now.  

Now that we have established that.  You should also be good with a person being perfectly fine to go to school, a restaurant or vote in person if they wear a mask.  No reason to lock things down further since “the experts” say masks are the answer.  

Ah, "masks are the answer" seems to be the theme of those against masks.  With nothing else in mind. 

Hmmm..

Have you thought that just maybe social distancing, washing hands, and even other measures help?

And of course there are no guarantees.  These actions only decrease the odds of catching and transmitting Covid-19. 

Decreasing the chances...not a 100% solution...  that must totally blow the Trumptards minds. 

Lol

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Do question to some extent the validity of "unique" daily positives though. Know someone who registered for the testing....too long of a wait so left without getting tested.......yet got notified test was postive.

7 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ah, "masks are the answer" seems to be the theme of those against masks.  With nothing else in mind. 

Hmmm..

Have you thought that just maybe social distancing, washing hands, and even other measures help?

And of course there are no guarantees.  These actions only decrease the odds of catching and transmitting Covid-19. 

Decreasing the chances...not a 100% solution...  that must totally blow the Trumptards minds. 

Lol

Everything I mentioned can also include social distancing.  School, eating at a restaurant and voting (Id also add presidential debates) can be done keeping 6 feet apart while wearing a mask  (except when eating)

If they all work, open the things that can be done combining all of them.  

9 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Hmmm..

Lol

You say decreases risk, fine, I agree.

The question is by how much?

If it’s a significant percentage than most people will take action. Good ideas with provable value tend to take hold organically.

However, regardless of the percentage the totality of the picture needs to be assessed when you’re a mature and serious person. What is being given up to achieve this lowered risk? In the case of masks, my risk/benefit analysis point toward wearing one, but individuals have varied risk tolerances which is why I’m for individuals being able to keep that choice.

14 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I don't buy into the idea that increased testing is the sole reason for increased positives. Is it a factor, sure. But to claim increased testing is the sole reason for higher infection counts is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Everything I mentioned can also include social distancing.  School, eating at a restaurant and voting (Id also add presidential debates) can be done keeping 6 feet apart while wearing a mask  (except when eating)

If they all work, open the things that can be done combining all of them.  

I actually agree.  Provided the expectation is you follow the rules or you are asked to leave.  

The biggest problem is the "voluntary " compliance.  We may disagree on that.  Screw voluntary, make it mandatory with actual consequences. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Do question to some extent the validity of "unique" daily positives though. Know someone who registered for the testing....too long of a wait so left without getting tested.......yet got notified test was postive.

Now that is concerning.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I actually agree.  Provided the expectation is you follow the rules or you are asked to leave.  

The biggest problem is the "voluntary " compliance.  We may disagree on that.  Screw voluntary, make it mandatory with actual consequences. 

So if Minnesota announces today that masks are mandatory, than we agree there should be no problem opening schools with a normal 5 day schedule. 

• Upvote 4