SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND... 82/3739/1. 2.2%. Active cases down too.

Oxbow, You like the stats.
You are probably watching Rt already but here’s the link. Dr Scott Gottlieb (former head of FDA) has consistently been the most reliable source throughout imo. He says Rate of Transmission plus hospitalizations are the two most important stats state and local governments should use to make decisions, rather than actual positives or % positives.

He thinks for the most part schools should open, and says the economy should open, but pause, not revert, in hot spots with very high Rt or high hospital usage. 

Some of the big population states have moved to green or are almost green. The highest red states tend to have lower populations so despite the massive numbers it can be seen as glass half full.

https://rt.live

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not so fast.

Trump has previously downplayed the importance of wearing masks and has only worn one a handful of times in public during the four-plus months of the pandemic.

But everyone was downplaying it til recently.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

I don’t get talking points from any media, I watch the democrats and see what they do, if you think they aren’t for open borders or having felons vote you live somewhere else.

im for the rule of law, want to come here do it legally, want to vote, stay out of trouble, want a job go find one.

open borders didn’t take legislation, Obama did it by not allowing border patrol to do their job.

how do i know this, I talk to them.  They told me once Obama was gone the moral in the border patrol went up 1000%.

in a 2 week period in Arizona there were over 300 illegals from China picked up trying to get in the country, just what we want with the virus coming from China.

how do I know this, it’s called research, something left wing media won’t report on.

don't trust my numbers, do the research yourself.

You are for the rule of law but you don't want to read the legislation that makes the rules?  I posted the HR1 link.

Oh, no.  The feelings of the poor Border Control were hurt during Obama's presidency :(  I'm sure you have the same concerns for the scientists that have been sidelined by the current administration.

If we want to keep from falling too far behind China and eventually India, we need to dramatically increase legal immigration.  At least 1% of the total population per year, which is about triple of the rates now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

But everyone was downplaying it til recently.

Ummm.

Nope.  Health care professionals, dismissed by the ignorant, have been advocating their use for a few months...at least.  

If you ignored it, maybe your orange leader will guide you down the right path.  Provided he thinks it now helps him politically. 

Lol

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

You are for the rule of law but you don't want to read the legislation that makes the rules?  I posted the HR1 link.

Oh, no.  The feelings of the poor Border Control were hurt during Obama's presidency :(  I'm sure you have the same concerns for the scientists that have been sidelined by the current administration.

If we want to keep from falling too far behind China and eventually India, we need to dramatically increase legal immigration.  At least 1% of the total population per year, which is about triple of the rates now.

I’m related to border patrol so don’t give me any of that bull$%!#

you aren’t putting your life on the line everyday

the only thing you said that’s true is LEGAL immigration

congress can change immigration but won’t

I hope some of these illegals come live right next to you and you can feed them, educate them and give them medical care , especially ms13

now the democrats want to give them welfare right away, free education and healthcare And not deport any of them 

i worked all my life to support myself so,they can kiss my behind 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

I think most everyone on here would be all for legal immigration of 1% per year......assuming of course that buckling down hard on illegal immigration goes right along with that.  

1% might be a tad high but most don't have an issue with immigration done the right way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Ummm

Nope. 

You somehow ignore Fauci saying dont wear a mask during the first peak of the virus.

A guy that has been a expert in the field for over a 100 years. 

When he "changed his mind" he claimed "ppe".

He could have simply said "if you cant socially distant and everyone pulled up their shirt above their nose and we all do this for two to four weeks, we can have this coronavirus under control."

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

You somehow ignore Fauci saying dont wear a mask during the first peak of the virus.

A guy that has been a expert in the field for over a 100 years. 

When he "changed his mind" he claimed "ppe".

He could have simply said "if you cant socially distant and everyone pulled up their shirt above their nose and we all do this for two to four weeks, we can have this coronavirus under control."

One side definitely made their stance on masks and social distancing political and it wasn’t from fauci.

it was only a few weeks ago the right wingers were touting their rallies where they were intentionally not social distancing or wearing masks.

14 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

One side definitely made their stance on masks and social distancing political and it wasn’t from fauci.

it was only a few weeks ago the right wingers were touting their rallies where they were intentionally not social distancing or wearing masks.

And everyone at BLM did wear masks and keep their distance?  

• Upvote 1