SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not questiining the overall death total but IIRC the CDC has noted a decrease in weekly death totals the past 10 weeks. 

I think everyone would like to hope that covid is becoming less deadly but we have no solid data to back up that hope yet. 

If you take a look at the NCHS Mortality Surveillance Data Chart the weekly US death average has dipped below 7,000 deaths per week five weeks ago. But many deaths from the past several weeks have not yet been counted...

"Data for recent weeks are incomplete, and the PIC percentage may increase as more death certificates representing deaths during these weeks are processed."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/07172020/nchs-mortality-report.html

99.96% of Americans have not died of/from/with Covid. 99.99% under 65.

98.8% of Americans have not tested positive for Covid.

Of those currently  positive for Covid, 1% are in serious/critical condition.

All of this inspite of large gatherings to protest, some people refusing to wear masks, varying degrees of social distancing...

Saying it this way won’t generate clicks though....Not saying it isn’t a nasty virus, not saying you shouldn’t take precautions, just saying...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

99.96% of Americans have not died of/from/with Covid. 99.99% under 65.

98.8% of Americans have not tested positive for Covid.

Of those positive for Covid, 1% are in serious/critical condition.

All of this inspite of large gatherings to protest, some people refusing to wear masks, varying degrees of social distancing...

Saying it this way won’t generate clicks though....Not saying it isn’t a nasty virus, not saying you shouldn’t take precautions, just saying...

So, about 1% of US population tested positive for Covid.

Of that 1% that tested positve, 1% are in a serious/critical condition.

So how high can we let the serious/critcal condition #'s go before the hospitals cann't handle the sick?

5 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So, about 1% of US population tested positive for Covid.

Of that 1% that tested positve, 1% are in a serious/critical condition.

So how high can we let the serious/critcal condition #'s go before the hospitals and handle the sick.

Some of the positive tests are dead or recovered.  1% of active are serious/critical

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

What country do you live in? Covid started killing US citizens in March. It’s now mid July. 140 days and 140k deaths later, here we are. Would you like to look at the past month? Past week? Or would you like to see yesterday’s numbers that haven’t been fully counted yet? Here’s the data but warning it may be too difficult to understand.....

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths?country=~USA

When is the last day we had over 1000 deaths?

51 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I think everyone would like to hope that covid is becoming less deadly but we have no solid data to back up that hope yet. 

If you take a look at the NCHS Mortality Surveillance Data Chart the weekly US death average has dipped below 7,000 deaths per week five weeks ago. But many deaths from the past several weeks have not yet been counted...

"Data for recent weeks are incomplete, and the PIC percentage may increase as more death certificates representing deaths during these weeks are processed."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/07172020/nchs-mortality-report.html

Are you hoping for more deaths to be processed, not sure of your tone. 

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

July 15 and death certificates from the last several weeks are still coming in causing these numbers to rise.

You sound excited.  Aroused perhaps?

Where are the death certificates from the weeks before the weeks before then?  Shouldn't those new deaths have been pouring in over the past few days?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Are you hoping for more deaths to be processed, not sure of your tone. 

Absolutely not. I’m doing my part to hopefully help reduce the deaths by wearing a mask. You should ask the buffoons who refuse to wear masks this question.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Absolutely not. I’m doing my part to hopefully help reduce the deaths by wearing a mask. You should ask the buffoons who refuse to wear masks this question.

I live in ND where nobody dies and nobody visits.  We good.

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

This is the tone I can’t get on board with. Name calling and judgement. Four months ago, the “most knowledgeable person on the planet” on this subject told people not to wear masks, not four years ago, not four decades ago, four months. Now that advice has changed, but could change back at any moment it seems given the consistency of the message we get from our medical community.

If you want to be upset with someone, and call anyone buffoons, be upset with the “experts” for their lack of a consistent message, not at the people who are fed up with a government that consistently lies to them and changes “facts” depending on which way the political winds are blowing.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Gotta speak the truth and repeat.  Cuz, well, true medical professionals know that advocating face mask usage for all is the right thing to do. 

If they do not advocate their usage, they shouldn't be considered professionals and should probably become pizza delivery drivers.  Although they'd still have to wear a mask. 

Agree with your mask position, but due to your ridiculous lack of civility, respect, and social skills I’ve become a Great White groupie and volunteering at nursing homes. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

This is the tone I can’t get on board with. Name calling and judgement. Four months ago, the “most knowledgeable person on the planet” on this subject told people not to wear masks, not four years ago, not four decades ago, four months. Now that advice has changed, but could change back at any moment it seems given the consistency of the message we get from our medical community.

If you want to be upset with someone, and call anyone buffoons, be upset with the “experts” for their lack of a consistent message, not at the people who are fed up with a government that consistently lies to them and changes “facts” depending on which way the political winds are blowing.

I apologize for calling them buffoons:)

Why do you think the experts advised against masks initially?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Redneksioux said:

Why do you think the experts advised against masks initially?

I know exactly why they did it. Doesn’t matter, in fact that makes it worse, they told a bold faced lie. 

So they flat out lied to us and you think they have our best interests in mind? Whose to say they aren’t giving us more BS half truths in July that will later be justified by “we know what’s best for you”

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

REALLY?   so you're happy to wear a mask everywhere during the covid pandemic because it's the "RIGHT" thing to do as a human being and not an infringement on your liberty?  (guessing NOT)

A man is dead and some lives shattered.

Get your virtue signalling rage chubby in the dumpster fire thread.

The many people who disapproved of his job performance in ND are 0.0 percent responsible for the what 2 criminals did in SC.

I don't like the Gophers. I mourn and feel empathy towards them and their families when real tragedy strikes. Thats huamanity.

Its not about you or your cause of the week. A man died.

Take it to the dumpster or log the heck off.

Be a better human. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

Agree with your mask position, but due to your ridiculous lack of civility, respect, and social skills I’ve become a Great White groupie and volunteering at nursing homes. 

Well, as long as you are social distancing and wearing a mask...

There are few to respect here.  So, why should I care? 

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I know exactly why they did it. Doesn’t matter, in fact that makes it worse, they told a bold faced lie. 

So they flat out lied to us and you think they have our best interests in mind? Whose to say they aren’t giving us more BS half truths in July that will later be justified by “we know what’s best for you”

I 100% agree with you. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

They lied, we know that. This is Fauci explaining why the Surgeon General and CDC lied. Both need to find a new job for that. They pushed containment off the rails. 

Doesn’t change that fact that stats and studies are showing it makes a difference. I’m not trying to convince anyone to change their minds because studies also tell us that’s as rare as a unicorn. 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/06/dr-fauci-confirms-early-in-pandemic-america-was-lied-to-about-face-masks/

Lies have consequences. If their ultimate goal was to earn the nation’s trust when they roll out recommendations, beginning with a lie is the opposite of what should have been done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Went to a local grocery store early this morning (with a mask on).......half the employees not wearing masks. Store policy doesn't mandate masks at this point. In the future what should be my verbal and/or physical response to those "buffoons"? 

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Lies have consequences. If their ultimate goal was to earn the nation’s trust when they roll out recommendations, beginning with a lie is the opposite of what should have been done.

Agree 100%. The moment the SG made the statements it felt like PT Barnum was in charge. The reactions from my friends in the healthcare community were virtual horrified laughs out loud 

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Went to a local grocery store early this morning (with a mask on).......half the employees not wearing masks. Store policy doesn't mandate masks at this point. In the future what should be my verbal and/or physical response to those "buffoons"? 

If you are in a store that doesn’t require masks why would you care? 

10 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

If you are in a store that doesn’t require masks why would you care? 

Hmmmmmmm.....interesting. It has been reiterated repeatedly here not wearing masks everywhere in public kills people. Just looking for advice from the mask warriors.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hmmmmmmm.....interesting. It has been reiterated repeatedly here not wearing masks everywhere in public kills people. Just looking for advice from the mask warriors.

A real health care professional would advocate the use of masks.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic