SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that crazy cat lady that runs a frame shop next to sledsters has a sign on one side of her window that shows how to say "Hello" in a bunch of different languages...bonjour.  Opposite of that sign says "usps ok, thrifty white ok, appointments ok, wearing mask ok   otherwise......CLOSED

It's her business, should she not have the right to be open in the manner she chooses?

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Unemployment at 14.7%....highest since Great Depression. Just in April alone employers shed 20.5M jobs but let's keep parroting masks, testing, flatten the curve, save lives and shelter in place.

Other than our friends at 1310 knox boycotting businesses that are requiring guests to wear them, how do masks contribute to unemployment?

36 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Other than our friends at 1310 knox boycotting businesses that are requiring guests to wear them, how do masks contribute to unemployment?

dude, if you have a problem with knox, dont listen.  you are free to turn it off and find something else that tells you what you want to here

5 minutes ago, 1972 said:

dude, if you have a problem with knox, dont listen.  you are free to turn it off and find something else that tells you what you want to here

While I certainly agree with you.  I also feel if someone shares their opinion on radio, tv or print, someone else can freely have their own opinion about it.  You could just as easily not read his response.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It's her business, should she not have the right to be open in the manner she chooses?

we agree again...welcome to the libertarian party where its' "my business...my choice". you just need to be consistent on this going forward.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, keikla said:

I wonder if she is immunocompromised but can't afford to be quarantined indefinitely. I bet there would be a fair number of people in that category...self employed, can't work from home, but at higher risk.

she is most definitely immunocompromised...she has TDS.

• Upvote 1

So what % of the community am I protecting wearing a 0% effective cloth mask? As 98% of the mask wearing population is doing.

It's a hallow pointless virtue signal that has ZERO effect on any positive societal aspect. Its just another sign of how easy it is to control a poorly educated population. Do this pointless act, or you are a bad person.

If the mask thing is a real benefit, then there has to be a requirement of an effective mask. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we agree again...welcome to the libertarian party where its' "my business...my choice". you just need to be consistent on this going forward.  

Haha.

I'll be consistent with it as long as it's not putting people's lives in danger. How many other employers in town operate like LM was? Taco Bell? I truly feel for the people that need to put up with that. And with our "new normal" these horrible decisions affect all of us.

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

she is most definitely immunocompromised...she has TDS.

Come on now. Keikla gave some perfectly fine direct reasons she could be operating the way she is. Maybe she has an at risk family member? Maybe she has a spouse that works in a skilled nursing facility or hospital. Or maybe she just wants to make the right decision. No clue who she is, don't like cats myself, but I applaud her.

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

So what % of the community am I protecting wearing a 0% effective cloth mask? As 98% of the mask wearing population is doing.

It's a hallow pointless virtue signal that has ZERO effect on any positive societal aspect. Its just another sign of how easy it is to control a poorly educated population. Do this pointless act, or you are a bad person.

If the mask thing is a real benefit, then there has to be a requirement of an effective mask. 

What makes it 0% effective? We've all seen people wearing the masks wrong, maybe not covering their nose. That's still going to block cough droplets. Still better than someone refusing to wear a mask.

18 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

bingo! gotta love the bandana wearing crowd...I think the WHO recommends bandanas actually per their chinese sources.

21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Haha.

I'll be consistent with it as long as it's not putting people's lives in danger. How many other employers in town operate like LM was? Taco Bell? I truly feel for the people that need to put up with that. And with our "new normal" these horrible decisions affect all of us.

so would someone walking into a bakery and wanting a certain cake with a certain motif on it and the owner denied them their request you ok with that as long as their lives (or soul) aren't at risk....welcome...lp.org.

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

point blank keikla...and this is for rednecksioux...if you are not wearing a N95 mask you are not protecting either yourself or the employee at hugo's from the 'rona?

What?

If I wear an N95 it protects me and you. 

If I wear a cloth mask, it protects you.

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

What makes it 0% effective? We've all seen people wearing the masks wrong, maybe not covering their nose. That's still going to block cough droplets. Still better than someone refusing to wear a mask.

Science. Fact. 

Sorry I'm not sure what facebook meme you got your info from but that cloth mask is IN FACT useless for both parties from aerosol spread of normal breathing and speaking * It MAY stop a percentage of large globlets but unless you're a shitforbrains idiot you dont sneeze at people like you're trying to pant them with nose jizz. 

So to recap, cloth mask 0% effective for both parties breathing amd speaking, (actually more dangerous for the wearer in contracting a million other germs).

May stop a small percentage of snot projectile from someone sneezing or coughing like a moron in public while wearing.

Telling healthy people they are Orange Man badlike for not wearing a face pantie in public is absurdly unintelligent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Science. Fact. 

Sorry I'm not sure what facebook meme you got your info from but that cloth mask is IN FACT useless for both parties from aerosol spread of normal breathing and speaking * It MAY stop a percentage of large globlets but unless you're a shitforbrains idiot you dont sneeze at people like you're trying to pant them with nose jizz. 

So to recap, cloth mask 0% effective for both parties breathing amd speaking, (actually more dangerous for the wearer in contracting a million other germs).

May stop a small percentage of snot projectile from someone sneezing or coughing like a moron in public while wearing.

Telling healthy people they are Orange Man badlike for not wearing a face pantie in public is absurdly unintelligent.

Might want to tell the hospitals and even the department of health that non n95 masks are non-effective. Glad you were able to uncover such.

Go ahead and watch the plandemic again.

• Upvote 1

Since the ND DOH and Forum Communications feels these numbers are still relevant.....54 new positives and  2 deaths today. Believe 1700+ tests were done.

My wife is Romanian, we visit there regularly.  Returning home always illuminates how regulated American life is.   A permit is required for this, no parking here, a license is needed for that, no boobies on TV,  don't go over the limit, you need registration for that, city approval required for this, wanna start a business?...here's mounds of regulation for you, etc. etc.  etc,  And I haven't even started on privacy issues.    

In light of all this ridiculous and all-encompassing restrictive nonsense (that people rarely question), the notion of temporarily wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic is what gets the "it's my right" crowd riled up in this country?  Yea ok kids.  Obviously, for many, not wearing a mask is a political statement above and beyond anything else.    

16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

In light of all this ridiculous and all-encompassing restrictive nonsense (that people rarely question), the notion of temporarily wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic is what gets the "it's my right" crowd riled up in this country?  Yea ok kids.  Obviously, for many, not wearing a mask is a political statement above and beyond anything else.    

"Temporary."  Deja vu all over again.  As with lockdowns, maybe it's the indefiniteness that really bothers people.  Just as there appeared to be no real end game for lockdowns, there's also no stated or objective criteria for when the masks might come off.

Why can't people who choose to wear a mask simply give it a rest on judging those who don't?

• Upvote 1

If only there was a way to measure the aerosol filtration efficiency of different materials.
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252

lGbYSL4.png

Surely there have't been any rigorous peer review studies with an airborne disease or flu strain such as H1N1 with specifically N95 masks? 
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23571366

bwgtlLV.png

There is definitely no way we could know if masks were somehow implemented that it would reduce the impact of covid.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/2004.13553.pdf
T84jLQ1.png

Perhaps the notion that masks can be used to protect against aerosols if applied correctly is just too daunting to study. 
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f215/d2555255314e9afe44b0e47a33e318775e81.pdf

For now, without vetted research, it is easier to say they are completely ineffective if they are not 100% effective or worn wrong. 

• Upvote 1