SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

15 hours ago, jdub27 said:

"if the caregiver get sick".......So what happens when caregivers are in the window where they are contagious but not yet showing any symptoms or end up being completely asymptomatic but are still carrying and shedding the virus?

Point being, you can't just claim isolating the vulnerable and those who need care will be a simple fix.

I'm afraid this is going to be an ongoing problem until such time as a rapid-result test is available, and long-term care facility employees can be tested daily. 

I read somewhere that 84% of Minnesota's 485 coronavirus deaths have occurred in long-term care facilities. And obviously, their lockdown has been longer and more stringent than ND's. 

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

That's concept is well over his pay grade.

.....and considering Cass is home to the largest group of the "elderly and vulnerable" in the state it's the caregivers fault.

Does Cass County have over 50% of the elderly and vulnerable in the State?  Would never assume that is over your pay grade.

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Do you recall a war the US had lost 75,000 people to? Or one that had 2,000 US citizens dying daily?

Actual "wars" generally spare the elderly and vulnerable and take the lives of those with a future ahead of them yet are willing to sacrifice for the greater good......but as far as the history of war casualties I'll defer to our resident expert dlsiouxfan.

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

405k in WW2...and none of that was fought on our home soil

A quick google search shows 291,557 US lives were lost in WW2. And this spanned over 4 years. 

We've lost 75,000 so far to Covid19 with 2,000 daily still dying.

Thankfully it has been mostly elderly with no future ahead of them though eh?

46 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

You can start with size of population.

Add in demographics and elderly population/care facilities.  13 of 35 long term care facilities are in Cass.  I don't have the numbers, but the retirement communities have to be at least that percentage, probably more.  Just makes sense to have those facilities are located with adequate medical and other services available.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

A quick google search shows 291,557 US lives were lost in WW2. And this spanned over 4 years. 

Nevermind the demographic group of those 24 and under that die at a vastly higher rate from influenza. Hopefully this country will have a daily clicker and press conferences for those individuals on an annual basis as we move forward.

5 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yep...I’d die for my children’s future.  

and my quick google search cane in at 405k

2 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Add in demographics and elderly population/care facilities.  13 of 35 long term care facilities are in Cass.  I don't have the numbers, but the retirement communities have to be at least that percentage, probably more.  Just makes sense to have those facilities are located with adequate medical and other services available.  

Can you break that down into a % for Old Fella to spare him the math?

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Just read an article on a 29 woman who passed away with/from Covid.  Seemed like an absolutely wonderful person.  She was beyond morbidly obese, HBP and likely diabetic.  May she rest in peace, but at some point we also have to take responsibility for our decisions.  In the end, her death will be used to show that this is killing young people...

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Nevermind the demographic group of those 24 and under that die at a vastly higher rate from influenza. Hopefully this country will have a daily clicker and press conferences for those individuals on an annual basis as we move forward.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Vastly higher?

19-20 US Covid deaths under 24 years of age - 58

19-20 US Influenza deaths under 24 years of age  - 126

Add in the 25-34 year olds and Covid deaths are more than influeza.

Keep in mind the first documented Covid death in the US was just 3 months ago. To top that off we now have children dealing with Kawasaki disease after recovering from Covid.