SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I think it depends on whether or not the person ate Taco Bell recently.  

Hey Old Fella, this is a joke about how Taco Bell food will make you feel. Just making sure you can keep up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cratter said:

According to the following article, approximately two-thirds of ND's coronavirus-related deaths have been people in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I hadn't seen where this info had been reported before.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6484796-Gov.-Burgum-details-COVID-19-nursing-home-deaths-in-telephone-town-hall

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND92,96 said:

According to the following article, approximately two-thirds of ND's coronavirus-related deaths have been people in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I hadn't seen where this info had been reported before.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6484796-Gov.-Burgum-details-COVID-19-nursing-home-deaths-in-telephone-town-hall

From the article:

Burgum said all of those who died had underlying health conditions, and some were already in hospice care before contracting the illness — thus, they died with COVID-19, not because of it.

Just heard the revenue lost from healthcare systems in this country during the first quarter of 2020 was close to $500B. If I remember the lockdowns were done as to not overwhelm hospital system so instead the lockdown in going to kill off healthcare systems financially.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just heard the revenue lost from healthcare systems in this country during the first quarter of 2020 was close to $500B. If I remember the lockdowns were done as to not overwhelm hospital system so instead the lockdown in going to kill off healthcare systems financially.

"If we can save just one life it's worth it"

• Upvote 1

Ironic that the same health care industry that's gonna need to treat everybody as they continue to get sick from the "other" viruses that aren't as important as this one, is getting gutted right now.

• Upvote 1

Each death is individually tragic.  I would say that my parents and my wife’s parents would willingly give their lives to preserve the American way of life for their grandchildren.  

The problem here was actually compromise.  We did neither a totalitarian nor a Free will approach, because either was too politically damaging.  Instead we tried navigate the middle.  King Solomon...split the child down the middle...disaster

6 minutes ago, keikla said:

Even the hospitals that have had heavy loads of covid patients are a big part of that lost revenue.  On average, a covid patient costs just under 90k.  Reimbursement won't be anywhere near that.  Plus, we'll likely be way behind elsewhere in getting our revenue generating services back.

Just imagine that amplified in a Medicare for all world....at least the commercially insured will cover the expenses (assuming it hits an outlier clause in days or charges)...Medicare...which I’m assuming ALL of the nursing home deaths are covered by will reimburse pennies on the dollar for Covid stays.

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Just imagine that amplified in a Medicare for all world....at least the commercially insured will cover the expenses (assuming it hits an outlier clause in days or charges)...Medicare...which I’m assuming ALL of the nursing home deaths are covered by will reimburse pennies on the dollar for Covid stays.

in a bernie voice..."just tax the rich some more."

• Upvote 1