SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I was told by the Minnesota governor that 74,000 would perish in that state alone...

That's only if you come out of your house...he plans to shelter in place until 2025.

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I was also told by our president that Covid deaths would instantly be zero and it would miraculously be behind us.

I was also told by WHO that the virus wasn’t transmittable from human to human.  We can do this all day... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I was also told by WHO that the virus wasn’t transmittable from human to human.  We can do this all day... 

I'm sure we can!

When did the WHO claim covid19 was not transmittable from human to human?

6 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

January 14th at 5:18 AM

You see, that's incorrect.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/factchecking-trumps-attack-on-the-who/

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,"

Nowhere did they claim it was not transmissible from human to human. They stated chinese authorities found no clear evidence of it. Should we start basing our decisions based on what China tells us? Know of any hospitals that don't put precautions in place for a respiratory virus? Maybe only in China? 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

You see, that's incorrect.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/factchecking-trumps-attack-on-the-who/

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,"

Nowhere did they claim it was not transmissible from human to human. They stated chinese authorities found no clear evidence of it. Should we start basing our decisions based on what China tells us? Know of any hospitals that don't put precautions in place for a respiratory virus? Maybe only in China? 

Dude, if this is the hill you want to die on, then be my guest.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

A quick google search shows 291,557 US lives were lost in WW2. And this spanned over 4 years. 

We've lost 75,000 so far to Covid19 with 2,000 daily still dying.

Thankfully it has been mostly elderly with no future ahead of them though eh?

So, what is your solution then, cryogenically freeze them and stuff them away somewhere until 2022.   The people who are dying are the people that are being protected the most.  Short of isolating them and have them fend for themselves, I don't know what else you propose to do. 

10 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The hill I want to die on? Simply replying that there is false information being shared here.

Believe what you will though.

Right....masks were bad. Now they are good. Kids neglected, abused and hungry no problem. Great grandma at 92 on O2 with emphysema due to 50 years of smoking not being to try to blow out a single candle on her birthday unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right....masks were bad. Now they are good. Kids neglected, abused and hungry no problem. Great grandma at 92 on O2 with emphysema due to 50 years of smoking not being to try to blow out a single candle on her birthday unacceptable.

When were masks bad?  It's unfortunate we don't have enough N95's to protect people and we have leaders that want people to not wear them.

How will kids forced to grow up with one parent or possibly no parent affect their neglect, hunger and abuse?

Having an underlying health condition never was an instant death sentence until Covid19. Keep in mind this isn't just smoking grandma. 40% of the US population has a chronic disease according to the National Health Council. 

47 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I was also told by our president that Covid deaths would instantly be zero and it would miraculously be behind us.

I was told by Dr. Fauci that American's should live their lives as the Corona virus won't have much impact on our lives.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

When were masks bad?  It's unfortunate we don't have enough N95's to protect people and we have leaders that want people to not wear them.

How will kids forced to grow up with one parent or possibly no parent affect their neglect, hunger and abuse?

Having an underlying health condition never was an instant death sentence until Covid19. Keep in mind this isn't just smoking grandma. 40% of the US population has a chronic disease according to the National Health Council. 

See we agree on this since those kids have a better chance of losing a parent to alcohol drugs cancer or suicide than COVID. 

Unless of course you're under the assumption most over 65 still have "kids" at home.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

See we agree on this since those kids have a better chance of losing a parent to alcohol drugs cancer or suicide than COVID. 

Unless of course you're under the assumption most over 65 still have "kids" at home.

We have no idea how many will lose their parent or even their own lives due to Covid. We at least have past trends to go off of for cancer, alcohol, drugs, suicide, cancer.

16 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Are you making an assumption that this woman KNEW she had been potentially exposed thru her husband and STILL went to work?

It is not an assumption,  heard she was fired. Look I understand that political views will never allow many to see the other sides perspective. 

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Wrong.  Having an underlying condition is not an automatic death sentence, it only increases your risk.  And out of those 40% of Americans that have chronic conditions....how many of them are a condition that actually makes them more at risk as it pertains to Covid?  All 40% isn't heart disease.  

As for obesity....the morbidly obese person never wore a mask to save themselves from eating too much food but now healthy people should wear masks to save them?

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Condolences go out to Rednek and a few others.  This news isn't going to help the narrative. 

32 currently are hospitalized if that helps.