SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

17 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Some of this is fear of liability more so than concern for public health....

The problem with this issue is regardless of any narrow limited view for whatever reason it is and always will be because of fear which is sad. 

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The problem is regardless of any narrow limited view for whatever reason it is and always will be because of fear which is sad. 

When all those bar patrons disperse from Frank’s, do they decide to not drive drunk because of...

1. Fear of being pulled over 

2.  Fear of a fatal accident

3. Or because it’s just the smart choice to make?

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

They canceled The Brick Invitational in Edmonton in July.  They canceled the Ivan Hlinka.  The Ontario Hockey Federation has ordered the suspension of tournament planning for the 20-21 season...just insanity.  

Canada is in total panic mode from border to border.  Heard they may shut down the CFL entirely.  

21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

When all those bar patrons disperse from Frank’s, do they decide to not drive drunk because of...

1. Fear of being pulled over 

2.  Fear of a fatal accident

3. Or because it’s just the smart choice to make?

Well......since drinking beer thru a mask is equivalent to waterboarding oneself not sure how much effort those folks want to put into getting drunk.

• Upvote 2

I did some quick sneeze research lol.

Comes from both with most being from the mouth. But people can sneeze different ways.

So a non 95 mask doesnt make any difference if it isn't covering the nose unless you sneeze (or cough)?

If you feel a sneeze come on just pull it up over the nose.

MOSTLY-FALSE-1.jpg

This and other similar charts are behind the social media mask push. Snopes says the percentages are all made up.

As for the CDC changing its mind to recommend masks, I'd say either they were recommending against them at first to preserve supply for medical professionals and they were always good, or they're recommending them now in a TSA-like move to simply make people feel safer. 

Tough to know what to believe in today's environment.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

MOSTLY-FALSE-1.jpg

This and other similar charts are behind the social media mask push. Snopes says the percentages are all made up.

As for the CDC changing its mind to recommend masks, I'd say either they were recommending against them at first to preserve supply for medical professionals and they were always good, or they're recommending them now in a TSA-like move to simply make people feel safer. 

take almost everything the government tells you and the truth is the opposite.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Eden Prairie Wally Mart needs one as well.  They should have social distancing regardless of any pandemic in that store.

You can include Brooklyn Center’s too.  Just horrible.

8 minutes ago, Ranger said:

You can include Brooklyn Center’s too.  Just horrible.

I’m with you guys, Walmart’s have been nasty and this started well before the pandemic. When in the twin cities I’ve avoided those $hitholes as there’s targets all around that are much cleaner. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

MOSTLY-FALSE-1.jpg

I'm curious what the percentages would be for without masks if they werent coughing or sneezing.

Essentially the same?

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Why don’t you ask the LM workers?

Or all the kids statewide that missed any amount of school due to illness prior to this virus.

• Upvote 1

I'm just curious if we just pull up our shirt and cover our nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing it would "essentially be the same" as wearing a mask?

Minus of course people touching their face all day. Which I know masks are a good deterrent for.

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Any other outbreaks in Grand forks since that one?

It will be interesting to see if there will be a spike in the positive testing rate in a week since ND loosened things up somewhat on May 1.

Why would anyone want to go back to work when you get an extra $2,400 a month on top of your unemployment benefits.

Forum headline: Vinyl Taco staff walk out, protesting unsafe conditions

Most of the article was complaining about thin masks.

Wanting to only have takeout after 4 pm.

Free health insurance and a higher wage.

Wanting temperature checks and sanitizing pens.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Why would anyone want to go back to work when you get an extra $2,400 a month on top of your unemployment benefits.

fire their asses....if this "lockdown" keeps up they will be begging for their jobs back in three months.

15 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I saw some commies in DC we’re pushing for $2000 per family member per month up to $10,000 per month.  $120k per year puts you at roughly the top 10%...so 90% of families (albeit with 3 kids) would be better off getting government money than working...

• Upvote 3