SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

12 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Again not to make this political but half of America either falls right or left. There is no typical or average American. Any poll on any political topic bears this out. So you don't have to walk something back next time don't start your point with "MAGA......"

Would it have been better if he started it off with the more accurate description of "idiot" crowd?   These protestors actually blocked access to hospitals for ambulances in Michigan and Colorado.  Is the type of behavior that you want to encourage?

15 hours ago, keikla said:

I think that definitely has to be decided on a state/regional level.  

15 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Knock off the political crap.

14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

MI, FL, VA, TX, MN, SD.........

Most citizens of this country feel the governors didn't get the memo on the bolded part. Issue is most of the frustrated citizens about how and when we get back to normal are not frustrated with all the governors. 

Above is from yesterday when topic about reopening the economy was being discussed.

WSJ/NBC News poll from April 13-15

"Will the US reopen too quickly"?

Democrats say too quickly.......77%

Republicans say too quickly.....39%

8 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Would it have been better if he started it off with the more accurate description of "idiot" crowd?   These protestors actually blocked access to hospitals for ambulances in Michigan and Colorado.  Is the type of behavior that you want to encourage?

Ok Phil Murphy

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

my definition of idiot is...anyone that thinks this lockdown should go on til it's 100% safe to go outside your house with zero chance of dying from car accidents, bike accidents, bee stings, snake bites, lawn mower accidents, hot air balloon accidents, and the cornavirus.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

my definition of idiot is...anyone that thinks this lockdown should go on til it's 100% safe to go outside your house with zero chance of dying from car accidents, bike accidents, bee stings, snake bites, lawn mower accidents, hot air balloon accidents, and the cornavirus.

I haven't seen or heard that proposed anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I haven't seen or heard that proposed anywhere.

just wait....when people start going out and some of them get the rona and start dying...."should've stayed home...where it's 100% safe...i think Virginia is on lockdown til june sometime....next july....next august...just waiting for a gov to say "indefinitely"

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, keikla said:

The current situation definitely isn't a long term option.  Is there a difference in billable services for outpatient telemedicine versus in-office visits? (maybe @yzerman19 knows). Are there outpatient specialties that have been shut down completely but could feasibly be running via telemed for the time being? I used zoom with my PCP last week.  Granted, I wish I could have had labs done, but it was still better than the office being completely closed.  I would think the overhead is cheaper with telemed than in-office.

Conversely, how do you safely implement something that can't be done via telemed and usually requires close contact like physical therapy?  Do you symptom check everyone at the door and have everyone wear masks?  Most physical therapists I know have several patient visits going concurrently, so they would have to be sanitizing or switching gloves constantly.  Or do you not implement any sort of guidelines and just hope for the best?

While many issues related to reducing restrictions will have to be decided on a local level, healthcare is one that may need a more national approach, as all hospitals share the same supply pool.  How do you get hospitals and other healthcare systems, like ambulatory surgery centers, back up and running in areas that can afford to without giving a huge middle finger to those who are in crisis mode?  Our hospital is currently spending roughly 80 hrs of manpower per week solely on drug procurement.  And even then, we've had to rely on drug donations from humanitarian organizations to help us get through.  With the biggest shortage medications needed for covid patients also being the ones used for surgery, I'm not sure how that part (the money making portion) of healthcare can get back up and running yet.

I can only speak to CA.  We have ramped up telemedicine to try and deliver more care that way.  There isn't a huge difference in reimbursement there vs E & M visits in person, but it is less.  In CA, we still have significant capitation in place, so for those groups, they are not feeling any ding.  The FFS specialty practices that rely on procedures are getting crushed, but we believe that demand is just pent up and once COVID lifts, there will be an explosion of utilization in things like ortho and cardiology.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So who is the bigger idiot? 

The one who stays home to protect themselves and their loved ones from catching the virus, which also slows the spread to the community

OR

The one who goes into public with and refuses to wear a facemask to protect others

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So nobody is an idiot to you?

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

It is going to be interesting to see when more antibody test is done (assuming they are legit) just how much the spread of this thing really is.

Now the central question to all of this will be:  How long does this immunity last for?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/5023484-Plain-Talk-The-governor-if-he-opens-up-is-not-going-to-kill-people

This guy says the governor isn't going to kill people if he opens the state back up. It should be up to the business "when they feel they can protect their employees and customers" 

I wonder how well LM felt they were protecting their employees.

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/5023484-Plain-Talk-The-governor-if-he-opens-up-is-not-going-to-kill-people

This guy says the governor isn't going to kill people if he opens the state back up. It should be up to the business "when they feel they can protect their employees and customers" 

I wonder how well LM thought they were protecting their employees.

So how long do we stay closed? Deaths are going to happen no matter what. 

16 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The one who stays home to protect themselves and their loved ones from catching the virus, which also slows the spread to the community

OR

The one who goes into public with and refuses to wear a facemask to protect others

The idiot is the man who watches his business and family be destroyed because he is afraid of getting sick.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, MrEdway said:

So how long do we stay closed? Deaths are going to happen no matter what. 

The idiot is the man who watches his business and family be destroyed because he is afraid of getting sick.

Well we could start with the president's recommendation of proving we are on the downturn for 14 days? Sorry but I have no clue when this will be as we've pretty much allowed this virus to spread like a wildfire up here.

Yeah I know the arguments, it's just a cough, it's no worse than the flu, it only affects old people with underlying conditions, yada, yada. Just please don't be a tough guy in public. Don't be a social butterfly. And please wear a mask to prevent others from catching what you might have.

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

From a CNN.com article dated 3/31....three weeks ago. I'd put money on that % increase in demand is higher now.

Screenshot_20200420-055603.png

Could you please make your font bigger, and maybe add some vivid color, like cyan or magenta maybe. I mean, I can barley read this.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

OR

the million dollar question is ..."for how long?"

• Upvote 1

idiot [ id-ee-uht ]

noun

1. A person who expects empathy from healthy persons for the sick and elderly in the form of abstention from certain activities, while abjectly failing to extend the same empathy to healthy persons adversely affected, or disproportionately impacted, by such abstention.

2. A person who will blindly adhere to government edicts without regard for their constitutionality, duration, clarity, or merits, or who would seek to deprive others of the right and opportunity to question the same.

3. A person who makes political that which is inherently non-political.

4. A person, esp. one who lacks formal training in medicine, epidemiology, or statistics, who monitors daily data from public health authorities in the midst of a global pandemic and tries to extrapolate anything meaningful therefrom.

5. A person who refuses to wear a mask in public after I start wearing one, because I'm pretty sure the crap is going to have to hit the fan big time before that happens.

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the million dollar question is ..."for how long?"

For North Dakota? I'm pretty sure Burgum is going to follow the president's recommendation and make the first step after we've proven we are on the downturn for 14 days. 

Remember though, ND and Grand Forks is still almost fully open.

15 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

Could you please make your font bigger, and maybe add some vivid color, like cyan or magenta maybe. I mean, I can barley read this.

I don’t think they’re asking for barley specifically. Any donations you can make will do. 

• Upvote 2

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic