SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I doubt there was widespread fraud. Put up or shut up time.

Let's say your right....just how much voter fraud is ok with you?  Any should be covered by every media outlet, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Let's say your right....just how much voter fraud is ok with you?  Any should be covered by every media outlet, and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Agreed. Didn’t they uncover some pro-Trump fraud this week? Like two votes or something?

and if there isn’t fraud to the extent Trump has claimed - what then? What should we do then? Any repercussions for all this posturing and insanity?

13 minutes ago, 1972 said:

My gut says the amount of actual fraud this year is in line with prior years. This year it is being scrutinized a lot more than before. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

My gut says the amount of actual fraud this year is in line with prior years. This year it is being scrutinized a lot more than before. 

If the fraud is in line with prior years, and the voter turnout was much higher, wouldn't that indicate there was much more fraud?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 1972 said:

Voter fraud occurs every election.  But almost all of it is single individuals.  All fraud is prosecuted.  What raises big flags are coordinated efforts to change large amounts of votes.  That's exceedingly rare though, at least nowadays.    

Database of proven fraud:

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Voter fraud used to be rampant. Now it’s an anomaly.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/11/voter-fraud-used-to-be-rampant-now-an-anomaly/

3 hours ago, Kab said:

I read sturgis caused Covid cases in Minnesota

maybe Minnesotans brought Covid to sturgis  and others brought it home from them

no one knows how many Covid cases spread because of people on vacation 

people looking for scapegoats

who would cuomo blame, certainly not himself or his brother 

It’s political the left wants to blame Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota because they hate her. 

16 minutes ago, Goon said:

It’s political the left wants to blame Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota because they hate her. 

I don’t think they hate her as much as they strongly disagree with her handling of the virus and the lack of mitigation measures she’s implemented. She’s definitely gone all-in on currying favor of the Trump wing of the GOP, that’s for sure. 

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Voter fraud occurs every election.  But almost all of it is single individuals.  All fraud is prosecuted.  What raises big flags are coordinated efforts to change large amounts of votes.  That's exceedingly rare though, at least nowadays.    

Database of proven fraud:

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Voter fraud used to be rampant. Now it’s an anomaly.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/11/voter-fraud-used-to-be-rampant-now-an-anomaly/

Russia!!!  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Agreed. Didn’t they uncover some pro-Trump fraud this week? Like two votes or something?

and if there isn’t fraud to the extent Trump has claimed - what then? What should we do then? Any repercussions for all this posturing and insanity?

Can't really punish someone for thinking they were wronged. Could do attorneys' fees and court costs I think, I could be missing some other stuff. I dont think you'll see much happen though. 

I dont think making an idiot out of yourself is generally considered a punishable offense. 

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

This year should probably be scrutinized a lot more. There was a lot more mail-in stuff so this election was different than past ones.

But yeah I have no reason to think anything terribly fishy was up.

7 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I think it had to do with increased voter turnout due to the pandemic, voter registration efforts, and increased mail-in balloting. Voting against the worst President of anyone's lifetime might have played a role as well.

running against the worst candidate in anyone's lifetime...yeah, ok.

Pfizer submitted emergency use authorization for its vaccine to the FDA yesterday. The FDA will meet December 10 to discuss approving the vaccine for emergency use. With the FDA being a government  agency with the political climate we are in I'm not holding my breath they approve it and get the distribution started. We'll see if this is really about "saving lives" or having a "dark winter" ahead of us. Let's not kind ourselves  that there is a certain group that wants nothing more to continue its narcissistic control and bring more hopelessness to this country.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pfizer submitted emergency use authorization for its vaccine to the FDA yesterday. The FDA will meet December 10 to discuss approving the vaccine for emergency use. With the FDA being a government  agency with the political climate we are in I'm not holding my breath they approve it and get the distribution started. We'll see if this is really about "saving lives" or having a "dark winter" ahead of us. Let's not kind ourselves  that there is a certain group that wants nothing more to continue its narcissistic control and bring more hopelessness to this country.

Agreed.  It amazes me how the government reacts to an emergency.  It might have a solution, we'll see you in a couple of weeks.  Case numbers increase, in 48 hours businesses will be closed, no one from outside your house can be in your house. Come on man.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/americas/toronto-lockdown-covid-intl/index.html

I can’t believe how reckless and irresponsible Justin Trudeau has been with Covid. Cases soaring, deaths to follow, he should be put in trial for murder.

Did I do that right?

You forgot to say “Dark Winter”....;)