SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

FYP :) ha ha 

Hilarious.

Additionally, the Keyboard Warrior Service (KWS) has issued a "Blowout Watch"  for this weekend.  This means conditions are right for the clowns to get boatraced by UND at least one of the games, with Hrenak being pulled.  

• Like 1

These are the weekends where you see what you're made of when the program appears to be rebounding after a couple dismal years.  Conference play against a not very good squad.  Will it be foot on throat?  Or will it be believe the hype?  I say we sweep.

15 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Home or away sweeps are tough to come by in this conference. Let's ease up on the "must"sweep talk.

Big weekend, important points, yes. Must sweep, no.

I disagree. League points are precious and hard to win. A loss this weekend will bite us in the backside come March when we are (hopefully) fighting for the Penrose Cup.

33 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Home or away sweeps are tough to come by in this conference. Let's ease up on the "must"sweep talk.

...and St. Cloud isn't exactly a pushover.  Yes, they have struggled a bit, but they needed to replace a lot of skilled players, and I am sure it takes a while to find out who can fill what roles.  Hopefully they wait until after this weekend to continue their learning curve.  If we can stay out of the box and make them play us 5 on 5 I like our chances because we have very good depth that we need to utilize.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I disagree. League points are precious and hard to win. A loss this weekend will bite us in the backside come March when we are (hopefully) fighting for the Penrose Cup.

By the same token, the points are just as precious to St. Cloud. After getting humbled at home by CC, I expect a desperate Huskies team to show up this weekend. We have to match their level of desperation and intensity. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Agree. Must sweeps are the Michigan Techs and Canisius of the world. 3+ points will be a good weekend. Their record may not show it but this SCSU team could sneak up on people at any time, they’re not going to throw in the towel easily. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Agree. Must sweeps are the Michigan Techs and Canisius of the world. 3+ points will be a good weekend. Their record may not show it but this SCSU team could sneak up on people at any time, they’re not going to throw in the towel easily. 

In the new world of conference points, there are six on the line each weekend in NCHC action. I know what you mean, though. :)

Dave