SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

19 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

I couldn’t believe that tonight was Reiger’s 7th game of his career. He looks quite poised and ready to bat when needed. I kinda hope Thome gets the call tomorrow to get him some game reps early on. 

I think Berry will stay with Scheel.  Gotta get Thome in there at some point, but I think with this being the last home NCHC series with big points on the line he sticks with Scheel.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think Berry will stay with Scheel.  Gotta get Thome in there at some point, but I think with this being the last home NCHC series with big points on the line he sticks with Scheel.

I think so too.  That second goal caught him by surprise and is the closest think\g to a sieve goal he has allowed this year.   Amazing how consistent he has been.

15 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Loved the article this week about the team staying focused after a fun week and a rise in prominence, again. Would go a long way for their confidence to take care of the two-time defending Penne Rosa Cup champs at home, this weekend. 

4-2 UND

Pinto, Mash, Bowen, Michaud

Missed most of the goals, but nailed the score :)

Not a fantastic performance, but I LOVED how we locked them down in the third. Good stuff. Get the sweep.

• Upvote 1

Any guesses on line changes? Berry hinted as such in his post game. 

Not sure where though. Thought Pinto's line got better as the night went along. The top line and Senden's line were dominant in stretches. 

Bowen IMO needs to be in the lineup due to his PK ability but as extra skater? Weatherby is a center....not a wing. Like Blaisdell a lot. Who's the other wing if it's not Bowen?

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A buddy and I were texting what is the difference between this team and last year's team. We both came up with the same answer at the top of the list. What say you?

Scoring more goals, taking much better shots, digging the puck out along the boards, while controlling the puck more so through out game, and getting this board to post much more positive posts?

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

A buddy and I were texting what is the difference between this team and last year's team. We both came up with the same answer at the top of the list. What say you?

One thing that I've noticed is that Bubbs is way....way....more intense on the bench and you see the trickle down effect to the team.  Last year stretches of desperate hockey were there, but not like this year.  

#2....putting puck in the 6x4. ;)

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The obvious would be more experience and good new players. But it comes down to what Karl Goehring brings to the bench compared to who he replaced being the biggest difference!

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Any guesses on line changes? Berry hinted as such in his post game. 

Not sure where though. Thought Pinto's line got better as the night went along. The top line and Senden's line were dominant in stretches. 

Bowen IMO needs to be in the lineup due to his PK ability but as extra skater? Weatherby is a center....not a wing. Like Blaisdell a lot. Who's the other wing if it's not Bowen?

Would not be surprised to see a lineup tonight with the fourth line of Bowen-Yon-Johnson.  Could see Blaisdell sit.

That top unit would be elite ((c) PJ) if Mismash had Cole Smith's motor.  That group is tough to handle when they have control, but too many times it's one and done and as @scpa0305 mentioned nobody works to get it back.

• Like 1