SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana St GDT

southpaw

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Great defensive game plan from Bubba and Schmidt.

With the kids we have hurt to pull that game off with the offense pulling a Rudolph type performance.  

Credit to Cloyd on the blocked punt.  A buddy of mine broke his wrist blocking one of those.  

Sure wasn’t Rudolph performance to me. UND would’ve been shut out with Rudolph. Did you see UND’s offensive TD? Not a Rudolph play for sure. 

But the offense needs to be more consistent. Too many mistakes to maintain drives. Fumble in first half by Gee didn’t help either. Running game is still absent putting a lot of pressure on misdirection and smoke & mirrors.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Never would have thought the two phases that would play the best would be defense and special teams. 

Offense made timely plays too, but need to be more consistent. 

Really a great all around team win.

Good job, guys. Go UND!

If you told me the special teams would have more TDs than Kett I would say we lose the game by 20.  Special teams with due praise. 

1 minute ago, Feff said:

I still can't help but think, having just watched this game and thinking back to earlier in the year, what would this offense be like with either Schuster or Zimm playing QB? Coaches seem to like Kett but the offense has no down-field threat with him play QB, there's no real threat of a QB run, and no progression of a passing attack other than the quick hit/first read.

That’s also a function of the receivers. UND has no deep ball threat on the perimeter. 

This offense could be much more explosive with better quarterbacks AND receiver play. The short to intermiediate routes are run really well by UND’s guys, though (Wanzek, Toivonen, Maag).

Wow!!! Great win good guys!!

D came up big time. It felt that they wanted to prove themselves and they did. They bailed the O numerous times. 

offense needs to get on the same page. Heard from announcers too many time that miscommunication occurred on some plays. Those can be drive killers. But, they did enough to get the W. 

ok, still just not a kett fan. His mechanics are slow and clunky. Just terrible to watch. Lastly, I don’t like his attitude. Yes, I understand emotions, but he was barking at his teammates too much and it appeared negatively. Can’t wait till he graduates and we get someone else at QB. 

I’ll take the win but we left points on the field offensively. Gotta clean that up. Good win UND FOOTBALL!!!

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure wasn’t Rudolph performance to me. UND would’ve been shut out with Rudolph. Did you see UND’s offensive TD? Not a Rudolph play for sure. 

But the offense needs to be more consistent. Too many mistakes to maintain drives. Fumble in first half by Gee didn’t help either. Running game is still absent putting a lot of pressure of misdirection and smoke & mirrors.

I agree, but we're also looking at first and 10 from the 25 if that PI gets rightfully called. Instead, it's 3rd and 10 from the 40.

The offense went a bit too deep into the flea flicker well but those are fun to watch. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That’s also a function of the receivers. UND has no deep ball threat on the perimeter. 

This offense could be much more explosive with better quarterbacks AND receiver play. The short to intermiediate routes are run really well by UND’s guys, though (Wanzek, Toivonen, Maag).

It's hard to dink and dunk all day.....and have to have 10 play drives to score TD's.   We definitely lack a deep passing game.  Seems like at least once a game we need to do a pump fake on a short route to get the guy to bite....since we mostly run short routes.....and send him up field and try and hit him deep.  

9 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It's hard to dink and dunk all day.....and have to have 10 play drives to score TD's.   We definitely lack a deep passing game.  Seems like at least once a game we need to do a pump fake on a short route to get the guy to bite....since we mostly run short routes.....and send him up field and try and hit him deep.  

Fully agreed that winning consistently with dink/dunk is really difficult. We don't need someone that's going to be breaking 50-60 yard type plays but someone to at least run a route beyond 20 yards would help. The stop and go would work well. Disguise an outside block and then slip the receiver upfield. Run a deep drag on a rollout. Something beyond the dink/dunk we've been doing. I recall earlier in the season when Kett went out and suddenly Zimm starts taking shots downfield and receivers were making plays at or beyond that 20 yard mark. I can't help but think part of it is a product of Kett's inability to be accurate at that distance or willing to take that chance downfield in his read.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"They ain't the bison"

"They'd get killed in the MVFC"

"I just watched two D2 teams play in Grand Forks."

"The worst team in football history to play in the Fargodome was UND."

"Our women piss on the side of streets in downtown Minneapolis and we make excuses for it."

What did I miss?

Cow Pie is down by 3 going into halftime. They might be getting a little worried

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"They ain't the bison"

"They'd get killed in the MVFC"

"I just watched two D2 teams play in Grand Forks."

"The worst team in football history to play in the Fargodome was UND."

"Our women piss on the side of streets in downtown Minneapolis and we make excuses for it."

What did I miss?

They didn’t play Montana

that was the worst __________ team in X years.

• Upvote 1

Dom Izzo has no clue what objectivity is. He’s getting into it with the 360 guys on Twitter about und vs Montana states resumes. He says what he’s saying are “facts”, but actually just state what he thinks the pollsters think? UND has beaten three ranked opponents and I don’t believe the bobcats have beat any.