SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana St GDT

southpaw

1 minute ago, SIOUX1995 said:

Where can one find the clip of the obvious PI missed call. 

Not exactly an answer to your question, but the Midco rebroadcast of the entire game is tonight at 7:00 pm, so you could see everything you want then.

Have to agree with the comment above that lack of a run game is killing UND and that rests on the backs of the linemen. They have been holding up well enough in pass protection but the run blocking is wildly inconsistent. Some plays they'll fit hats perfectly and all of a sudden there is a hole for the RB to exploit and our RB's are hitting them. Don't forget that a good number of the first half drives for UND against MSU started out getting chunks with the run. On Gee's fumble he was about 10 yards downfield. The problem is consistency and being able to get a push when we absolutely need it. Short yardage, our run game is a liability because teams will stack the box and our line is unable to get that push. 

With that said, I like the look of our RBs right now. JJ is playing well and he's carrying defenders on a good number of his runs. That swing pass for a first down against MSU was impressive because he got 3-4 yards with a linebacker hanging on him. I like what I'm seeing from Skokna, he looks like he'll be fun to watch for the next couple years. Gee is solid, not flashy. Give them holes and bring some balance to the offense.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:18 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

Who played defensive line for us yesterday? Particularly true freshman? And did beachy get hurt?

thanks

I don't think Beach got hurt. I watched him a lot and think he finished.

Devore was back. J Johnson played a lot. I can't recall Seguin playing much.  Morrison was in there. Blanking on the other Frosh's name...Chadron?

5 minutes ago, shep said:

I don't think Beach got hurt. I watched him a lot and think he finished.

Devore was back. J Johnson played a lot. I can't recall Seguin playing much.  Morrison was in there. Blanking on the other Frosh's name...Chadron?

Devore return helped a bunch, Johnson is going to be really, really good.

• Upvote 1