SiouxSports.com Forum

BSU @ UND

stoneySIOUX

Didn't get a chance to watch UND vs. Mankato, but it sounds like we should have won on Friday and could have won on Saturday. 

Another two important non-conference games. I don't think BSU will be horrendous and a potential "PWR killer", but, UND should absolutely sweep the Beavers at home.

How'd Judd play in contrast to Johnson? How about Tychonick/Frisch?

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Didn't get a chance to watch UND vs. Mankato, but it sounds like we should have won on Friday and could have won on Saturday. 

Another two important non-conference games. I don't think BSU will be horrendous and a potential "PWR killer", but, UND should absolutely sweep the Beavers at home.

How'd Judd play in contrast to Johnson? How about Tychonick/Frisch?

It sounds like Casey barely played, if he played at all, and I don’t think Judd played more than a couple shifts on Saturday. (I only saw Saturday’s game). 

Frisch was good on Saturday I thought. 

9 minutes ago, AJS said:

Non-conference games are so important, you need to win them, especially at home against a team that's middle of the pack. If this team is as good as I think they are, it's a must sweep. 

What exactly do we know about BSU this year.  They tied SCSU twice. 

48 minutes ago, AJS said:

Non-conference games are so important, you need to win them, especially at home against a team that's middle of the pack. If this team is as good as I think they are, it's a must sweep. 

Absolutely agree. From what I saw against Canisius, and heard about the series against Mankato, this should be a sweep for our boys.

We need to figure out a way to score against Bemidji's style of play.   I know they have given us problems before, but if we want to be contenders this year, this would be a nice step in that direction.  The power play will need to start clicking to help open up Bemidji State.  If we can get early leads it might just open them up a bit so we can take advantage. 

4 minutes ago, mattim said:

I know that ratings and rankings mean almost nothing this time of year. But, can anyone explain how USCHO pairwise could have UND #2 and CHN has UND #4? 

I only glanced at USCHO, and am guessing it’s based on 2nd highest RPI,  by the looks of things. 

12 hours ago, northernraider said:

This is certainly an early season trap game. Bemidji State played SCSU well, but they were off last week. The Bevs are still an unknown at this point. 

After not making the tournament the last two years and how much trouble UND has had with Bemidji, there better not be any such thing as a trap game, especially when they didn’t come up with a win in Mankato.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:34 AM, mattim said:

I know that ratings and rankings mean almost nothing this time of year. But, can anyone explain how USCHO pairwise could have UND #2 and CHN has UND #4? 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but based on my superficial understanding, the pairwise is based off head-to-head comparisons or common opponents.  As of this point in the season, there is not nearly enough comparisons to get an accurate picture of who is better than who across the country. 

29 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but based on my superficial understanding, the pairwise is based off head-to-head comparisons or common opponents.  As of this point in the season, there is not nearly enough comparisons to get an accurate picture of who is better than who across the country. 

And RPI (wins/losses and strength of schedule). If you look at PWR on USCHO, the rankings at this time are pretty much completely based on a team’s RPI. So that’s  very little to go on, especially considering the Ivies haven’t played yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, franchise said:

An interesting stat in your posted article about UND MH players drink more b%%r?
" According to College Hockey News, Bemidji State ranks 59th of 60 college hockey teams in average height (5-foot-11.07) and 49th of 60 teams in average weight (184.1 pounds). UND, meanwhile, ranks 26th in average height (6-0.17) and first in weight (194.1). "