SiouxSports.com Forum

BSU @ UND

stoneySIOUX

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

An interesting stat in your posted article about UND MH players drink more b%%r?
" According to College Hockey News, Bemidji State ranks 59th of 60 college hockey teams in average height (5-foot-11.07) and 49th of 60 teams in average weight (184.1 pounds). UND, meanwhile, ranks 26th in average height (6-0.17) and first in weight (194.1). "

I love that we are the heaviest team and still seem to play fast. That's a scary proposition for opposing teams.

43 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I love that we are the heaviest team and still seem to play fast. That's a scary proposition for opposing teams.

That's true, and this year's team seems to have speed, but in recent years we haven't been as fast as the top teams.  

I think.  It's hard to tell without data, and the eyeball test can be deceiving.  A team that has a lot of skill and flow will always seem fast, and when you are reacting you always seem slower.   (burd is so full of sh t)

25 minutes ago, burd said:

That's true, and this year's team seems to have speed, but in recent years we haven't been as fast as the top teams.  

I think.  It's hard to tell without data, and the eyeball test can be deceiving.  A team that has a lot of skill and flow will always seem fast, and when you are reacting you always seem slower.   (burd is so full of sh t)

That's a good point, I was just pleased to see us play vs Mankato who is a veteran, quality team and it didn't feel like we were reacting and a step behind.  It felt like that in A LOT of games last year, and it's beyond frustrating to watch our players just miss a breakaway opportunity or just miss an open net because they didn't anticipate where the open space was.

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Schlossman reported that every third year in the series with Bemidji, they do a 2-game series at the Ralph. Anyone know why that is? Is it leverage? 

One year we play two in Bemidji, one year play two at Ralph, one year home and home...I believe.

1 hour ago, SiouxTupa said:

One year we play two in Bemidji, one year play two at Ralph, one year home and home...I believe.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm pretty sure we don't ever play two in Bemidji, at this point.

The WCHA as we knew it dissolved following the 2012-2013 season. Here is a look at the schedule between the two teams since that time:

2013-2014: Home and home series in January

2014-2015: Home and home series in October

2015-2016: Two games in Bemidji in October

2016-2017: Two games in Grand Forks in October

2017-2018: Home and home series in January

2018-2019: Home and home series in October

2019-2020: Two games in Grand Forks in October

If I had to guess, I would say two games in Bemidji next season followed by two years of home-and-home. Any other thoughts?

Dave

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

The WCHA as we knew it dissolved following the 2012-2013 season. Here is a look at the schedule between the two teams since that time:

If I had to guess, I would say two games in Bemidji next season followed by two years of home-and-home. Any other thoughts?

Dave

And I was wrong haha. Thanks Dave!

19 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

Dave

In the 2015-16 season, the Saturday game was in Grand Forks. Hyrinkiw’s first career start. 

87B1B647-7080-43C1-9FC7-A20F7D68CB97.png

On 10/25/2019 at 8:16 AM, Godsmack said:

Schlossman reported that every third year in the series with Bemidji, they do a 2-game series at the Ralph. Anyone know why that is? Is it leverage? 

For BSU to get, and keep, UND on the schedule, the Beavers give up that home game every third year.  The Beavers do get some guaranteed money from that game, though.

• Upvote 1

UND needs to just straight stop scheduling BSU.

Really nothing good can come out of the series, win and it’s a near meaningless wins for PWR, lose or tie and it’s an anchor, moreso on the road.

Worse off, playing the beaver style doesn’t get UND prepped to play the style of the NCHC, the rest of college hockey.

To the player development aspect, the style of play really isn’t applicable in prepping the players for the next level of professional hockey either.

The cute aspect of the big brother helping out the local fledgling into the big wide world is more than jumped the shark. 

In all reality the time has come to cut off the yearly guarantee and maybe at best allow them to come for a series at the REA every four years or so.

Lots of better options to schedule biannual home and away agreements with, especially some more B1G and HE teams, or at least some real upstarts for exposure such as ASU.

My interest in driving to GF - or bermidgchee for that matter - to spend money to watch these games is almost zero. If I wanna watch a bunch of guys clutch grab and trap, I’ll...... wait I don’t want to watch that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Really nothing good can come out of the series, win and it’s a near meaningless wins for PWR, lose or tie and it’s an anchor, moreso on the road.

Worse off, playing the beaver style doesn’t get UND prepped to play the style of the NCHC, the rest of college hockey.

To the player development aspect, the style of play really isn’t applicable in prepping the players for the next level of professional hockey either.

The cute aspect of the big brother helping out the local fledgling into the big wide world is more than jumped the shark. 

In all reality the time has come to cut off the yearly guarantee and maybe at best allow them to come for a series at the REA every four years or so.

Lots of better options to schedule biannual home and away agreements with, especially some more B1G and HE teams, or at least some real upstarts for exposure such as ASU.

My interest in driving to GF - or bermidgchee for that matter - to spend money to watch these games is almost zero. If I wanna watch a bunch of guys clutch grab and trap, I’ll...... wait I don’t want to watch that.

I agree, time to schedule them once every 4 or 5 years. 

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I actually like going to Bemidji for games, mostly because we have a lake home in the area and it's a cool little downtown area with some good bars. However, I think the highlighted is definitely a valid point.  At least this year we play MTech to bridge the gap a little before having Miami come to town.