SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Cal Poly

UNDBIZ

• UNDBIZ changed the title to On to Cal Poly
8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Not holding my breath.  Talk is cheap, show us. Should have had this mindset last week.

Focus is something that should be an issue with NDSU because you would expect complacency at some point with them.  You don't expect complacency with a team that has a lot to prove to themselves, fans and pollsters.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Fan said:

Okay, I’ll probably regret weighing in, but I feel compelled.  I don’t necessarily disagree with your thoughts. I too am terribly disappointed in our teams performance.  I had higher expectations. However your negative comments towards Noah are unwarranted!  I know Noah well, and there is nobody more competitive than Noah. He hates to lose. And he did “show you” with his individual performance and focus. 6 catches, one a highlight diving catch, 124 yards, 1 td. Almost had 2 tds. But throw was a bit late and he got targeted and drilled on the 2nd td opportunity, helmet flying 10 feet in the air, nearly breaking his nose(swollen and purple) and 5 stitches in his chin.   Defender is thrown out of the game. And yet he comes back out on the field to compete and scores a td. Are you telling him that is not focus, that’s not effort or leadership by example?  

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I don't think his post was directed at any individual player, especially Wanzek.  It was directed at the team, which as a whole did not show us anything on Saturday.

My comment was about the team, not Noah. Just to clarify 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Fan said:

Okay, I’ll probably regret weighing in, but I feel compelled.  I don’t necessarily disagree with your thoughts. I too am terribly disappointed in our teams performance.  I had higher expectations. However your negative comments towards Noah are unwarranted!  I know Noah well, and there is nobody more competitive than Noah. He hates to lose. And he did “show you” with his individual performance and focus. 6 catches, one a highlight diving catch, 124 yards, 1 td. Almost had 2 tds. But throw was a bit late and he got targeted and drilled on the 2nd td opportunity, helmet flying 10 feet in the air, nearly breaking his nose(swollen and purple) and 5 stitches in his chin.   Defender is thrown out of the game. And yet he comes back out on the field to compete and scores a td. Are you telling him that is not focus, that’s not effort or leadership by example?  

I noticed early in the game that the guy that targeted him was being a jerk (pretty sure it was #53). I know this will get trashed but this isn't the Minnesota Vikings these are college kids - do you honestly think they show up for a game not giving a !@#$? They weren't expected to go 10-0, they were predicted to be either 7-4 or 6-5.  

47 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I noticed early in the game that the guy that targeted him was being a jerk (pretty sure it was #53). I know this will get trashed but this isn't the Minnesota Vikings these are college kids - do you honestly think they show up for a game not giving a !@#$? They weren't expected to go 10-0, they were predicted to be either 7-4 or 6-5.  

Right here. Here is one of the problems in this program and a few others on campus. "They weren't expected to go 10-0, they were predicted to be either 7-4 or 6-5." People will invariably live up or down to the expectations that are set for them. So if the "standard" around here is 7-4 or 6-5, that is what you will get.

And you are right, this isn't the NFL. But it isn't high school either. But that is how this athletic department has been run for so many years. Chaves picked one heck of a time to come here as athletic director. Lots of crap to clean up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Right here. Here is one of the problems in this program and a few others on campus. "They weren't expected to go 10-0, they were predicted to be either 7-4 or 6-5." People will invariably live up or down to the expectations that are set for them. So if the "standard" around here is 7-4 or 6-5, that is what you will get.

And you are right, this isn't the NFL. But it isn't high school either. But that is how this athletic department has been run for so many years. Chaves picked one heck of a time to come here as athletic director. Lots of crap to clean up.

This is just plain silly.  You are really saying that if I had just expected the team to go 10-0 they would be undefeated now by living up to my expectations?   I guess I will try that from here on out and into next year.  Just think of the power I will have as I recruit my friends to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Highlights of Cal Poly against UC Davis from 10/12/19. 

UC Davis won 48-24. Cal Poly is 2-4 on the season. The two wins are San Diego and Southern Utah. 

Based on the highlights, QB RFr Jalen Hamler will be throwing deep to #6 Sr WR JJ Koski and #81 Jr WR Quentin Harrison. UND defense will need to stop the deep ball to these players (especially after last week's horrible pass defense against Idaho State) and play disciplined in the run game (#5 RB Lepi Latamua, #4 QB Jalen Hamler, #22 FB Duy Tran-Sampson)

UND offense should be able to score plenty if they avoid turnovers and penalties. 

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:Highlights of Cal Poly against UC Davis from 10/12/19. 

UC Davis won 48-24. Cal Poly is 2-4 on the season. The two wins are San Diego and Southern Utah. 

Based on the highlights, QB RFr Jalen Hamler will be throwing deep to #6 Sr WR JJ Koski and #81 Jr WR Quentin Harrison. UND defense will need to stop the deep ball to these players (especially after last week's horrible pass defense against Idaho State) and play disciplined in the run game (#5 RB Lepi Latamua, #4 QB Jalen Hamler, #22 FB Duy Tran-Sampson)

UND offense should be able to score plenty if they avoid turnovers and penalties. 

The game started 34-0 Davis.  If we can't beat Cal Poly on the road, then we should drop to DII.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

This is just plain silly.  You are really saying that if I had just expected the team to go 10-0 they would be undefeated now by living up to my expectations?   I guess I will try that from here on out and into next year.  Just think of the power I will have as I recruit my friends to do the same.

Nice job taking my comments out of context. The expectations around here have been watered down for a long time. If you don't see that, then you are not paying attention.