SiouxSports.com Forum

Canisius College @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

9 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Very clear difference in our entry. We got to our set up SOOO much better tonight than at any point of last season. Got too fine and handled the puck too much. Snap it around and fire. It'll come.

PP was far better, yes they need to score, but the movement, setup, control was night and day from last year. That being said, you have a sample size of 2 game ... let’s not get too high or too low yet.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

How's the attendance with roads closed?

I'd say it was like 60% full.  Students filled their lower bowl.  Rest down low was about half.  Upper looked like the $10 helped, but I was hoping for more.

10 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

My takes...

- Pinto = stud. I'll call it and say he's the NCHC ROY. Kid is great in all zones.

- Michaud is Rocco with a bit less skill. Crazy quick and battles so hard every shift. Gonna be key for us this year.

- Dominant D. Allowing just 14 shot attempts is impressive. Scheel looked calm, too. Incredibly confident.

- Tychonick looked so dynamic. Had a little shoulder fake that got to nice chance in the second. He's taken a step.

- PP entry was perfect. Great change. Need to snap the puck a bit more and hit the damn net.

- Great to see Mash rip one. Sorely missed a pure snipe last year. Need guys who can flat out beat a goalie with a shot. Mash has that skill. Need it consistently.

Great start. Go get the win tomorrow.

I don’t see any similarities between Rocco and Michaud. Totally different players.

10 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Has anyone else noticed that the new NCHC.tv is like... Really bad. App doesn't have a casting option, doesn't rotate to horizontal. I streamed from the website and the feed would cut out every few minutes and I'd have to drag the slider from the beginning of the broadcast to where I left off.

Edit: The one good thing I noticed was that you can start the game from the beginning while it's in progress.

I had the same issues.  Seems like NCHC tv took a step backwards. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dden3 said:

I had the same issues.  Seems like NCHC tv took a step backwards. 

Mine is actually better than last year.  Using the Roku to stream, last year's broadcasts were a couple minutes behind the actual game...this year, still using the Roku, they appear to be real time.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Mine is actually better than last year.  Using the Roku to stream, last year's broadcasts were a couple minutes behind the actual game...this year, still using the Roku, they appear to be real time.  

Similar experience here. I was able to use FireTV app for the first time last night since it wasn’t working last week. The app itself was a bit buggy but the streaming was much better than last year when I used laptop or chromecast. But last week without the app, it was unwatchable on chromecast and I wound up watching on laptop alone which appeared to me to be worse than most games last year. Not sure it’s a trend, but might be worthwhile to check out an app version if you have roku, appletv, or firetv device - or cable or tv allows the NCHC app download but that might be a stretch. You could always pick one of the cheaper ones up to try it and see, then return if it’s not improving things. I know you can get a firetv stick for $40 (or less on sale, warehouse deals on amazon, or refurbished) as an example - and an Ethernet connectable device if it’s your WiFi that can’t keep up. 

Other than finding myself yelling "Hit the &$#*$& Net!" multiple times at my TV, I thought last night's game was great to watch as a fan.  UND has excellent zone possession, with the added bonus of moving to the middle much better than last year.  Stop missing the net so much, and more rebound chances will come.  Going to be a better season, IMO.

9 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Congrats to UND on not getting swept by Canicius this year!  haha

I don’t know how other UND fans will take your backhanded compliment, but it cracked me up and is very apropos! Having spent a lot of time and money traveling out to Buffalo last year for the series, I will say that it was tough watching UND lose but I give Canisius a ton of credit that weekend, they won fair and square and deserved it. 

59 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I don’t know how other UND fans will take your backhanded compliment, but it cracked me up and is very apropos! Having spent a lot of time and money traveling out to Buffalo last year for the series, I will say that it was tough watching UND lose but I give Canisius a ton of credit that weekend, they won fair and square and deserved it. 

The boys looked pretty good last night. They didn't stop pushing till the final buzzer. It was fun to watch. 

19 minutes ago, Goon said:

The boys looked pretty good last night. They didn't stop pushing till the final buzzer. It was fun to watch. 

And that’s what I took the most out of the game last night. They were relentless until the final buzzer. Great start to the season but they need to finish it tonight 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sioux rube said:

And that’s what I took the most out of the game last night. They were relentless until the final buzzer. Great start to the season but they need to finish it tonight 

They need to rack up some wins before the conference season begins. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, MissSioux85 said:

Apparently I have used all my free articles on the Herald site for the month.

Anyone willing to provide a synopsis of the story of Bowen getting his hockey stick back from the stands? 

Stick got flipped into the stands.  UND negotiated with the fan to trade for an old Bowen stick.  Told him there were a few goals still left in that one.  He agreed and Bowen went out and got the 2 goals.

• Upvote 2